1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop in organic results after Base feed expired

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by MarkC, Apr 15, 2008.

Up until a month or so ago we used to get good organic results from some really competitive keywords. Now this was strange in itself because I used to try putting these keywords in Google and we were certainly not near the top, sometimes nowhere to be found for these terms. Nevertheless, they were some of our top organic sources according to analytics.

Now though, they've stopped showing all together. We don't get any visits via these terms.

See this for an example...

[​IMG]

Competitive search term "wine glasses". We used to get up to 20 hits a day for this yet we are not in the top 200 results on Google for this term or in the products search.

Our Google base feed expired on the 26th March (as highlighted above). I re-uploaded the feed and now we get nothing for this term.

I'm sure nothing has changed in the base feed. It's weird.

What's got me perplexed is the fact we were getting these hits in the first place. We shouldn't have been! We were nowhere to be found so why were they there?! If anything, the results now are correct. haha

Thanks in advance for any help.

MarkC, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  2. masterpsionic2005

masterpsionic2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's a base feed?

masterpsionic2005, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  3. MarkC

MarkC Peon

Best Answers:
    MarkC, Apr 15, 2008 IP