1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google New Algorithm - Revealed

Discussion in 'Google' started by EnhanceSEO, Mar 10, 2008.

Googles New Algorithm - Revealed

After much research over the past year it has come apparent Google will be changing its algorithm - The basis of this will be on links back to your website, they will be dropped for a whole new system!!!

Many years back you could stuff your meta tags with keywords and get to the top of Google - very simple! And Google clicked on to this, that's when the massive Florida update happened and pagerank came into play (Click here for timeline).

Now they are starting to realise that web masters can get hundreds of thousands and maybe millions of back links to there website - which in turn will boost your rankings and place you at the top of Google.

Now your asking how is it going to be changed, Google will soon be looking at factors such as: Visitors, Time on Site, Bounce Rate etc. - Basically all the information that you can get from Google Analytics, nearly every web site on the net is hooked up to Analytics, so they are going to utilise this information and add this to there algo.

So are the days of back links over?
    Is the next Florida update going to happen this year?

Your thoughts please!! :)

EnhanceSEO, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  2. Mr.Backlinks

Mr.Backlinks Banned

Best Answers:
    Lol if google will rely on that analytics stuff i will not moove from #1 =) These stats can be faked and they were faked at the early ages in 2000's with the help of different "hits visitors" and such stuff.

Mr.Backlinks, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  3. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if they use google analytics info to rank sites in the SE it'll become something like alexa,not every1 uses alexa and so it is inaccurate..not every1 uses analytics and so even the search engine results are gonna be inaccurate..where'd u get dis info???

Luq, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  4. abac401

abac401 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time on Site, Bounce Rate - Agree
    Visitors - Disagree - Too much unfair for new website and new young webmaster who just start online business.

abac401, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  5. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    Your post start with the claim of of some secrets reveled, moves on to the "hostory" and ends up asking for thoughts!

You got many facts wrong - google from the beginning was based on backlinks to measure the importance of the pages. If you have cared to read the paper submitted by the founders while they were in Stanford, you would have avoided most of the blunders about meta tags and page rank. Here is it for you:
    http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html

To sum it up, page rank and backlinks were considered for the measure of importance of a page, from the day google was born. They may have started talking about it at a later stage, but it has always been the core of the algorithm. Google was never interested in meta tags either.

Google is not foolish to move away from the core of something that brought them so much success. I guess they are going to be more picky about the quality of back links and going to come hard on link sales in the near future.

alemcherry, Mar 10, 2008 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  6. KiwiPulse

KiwiPulse Guest

Best Answers:
    They should start deleting the backlinks that people spamming on others blog/sites or site that the content is automaticly generated through RSS. :p

KiwiPulse, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  7. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    This is stupid, why should Google algorithm based on Analytics? It's just like one step back to the past. All the old websites will dominate the web if they do so, there will be no new websites which can rank well. One more, not everyone uses Analytics and it'll be very unfair to all tracking softwares if Google "forces" webmasters to use analytics. I agree with alemcherry, you provide too many wrong facts. Google will focus more on filtering links. Changing algorithm to analytics is simply stupid.

wokaka, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  8. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "So are the days of back links over?"

I dont think that this can happen. Back Links are the most important factor for determining the popularity of a site.

angilina, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  9. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    The bounce rate already influences the results, you can verify this easily with rarely searched long tail keywords. It's certainly a smart move to include visitor behaviour as a ranking factor, it's not just analytics they could use, the toolbar and even adsense could be used to gather the required data.

Scripter, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    No, i don't think it will be a smart move. For you who don't know, these days actually you can easily buy some YouTube services, in return you'll get plenty of viewers and ratings. Keep in mind that YouTube only counts one viewer only after you finish watching the video. However, these services already know this but they can still add some nice data to your video. This is good for our video's popularity because real viewers usually will only attracted to videos which are popular and ranked highly in their preferred keywords. Although it's unethical, but most people are doing this even until now.

If bounce rate becomes the core of algorithm, Google's algorithm will be even easier to be manipulated. Start a service about this or pay some people to click your web pages from your landing page then let them open something else in a new tab. La viola, you just get hundreds of visitors with very few bounce rate and longer stay time. Manipulating bounce rate is a little bit harder than manipulating Alexa ranking (which is extremely easy) but it's obviously easier than manipulating back links. Google algorithm now is closer and closer in sniffing paid links, why should they throw all of their efforts into the trash can? If they start everything from zero again, it will took them a long time to sniff analytics data manipulation.

Anyway, depending on bounce rate will make Google algorithm more unstable. For example: your site is ranked 1 for keyword "A". Your bounce rate is 50%. My site has very few traffic but my bounce rate is only around 5%. I also targeted keyword "A" and Google pick me to be the first in keyword "A" now (due to this good bounce rate). Is there any guarantee my bounce rate won't become higher? Nope. Usually my bounce rate will become higher, let's say now my bounce rate is around 30%. You lost your position but your bounce rate become smaller than mine. The next day, you will get the first rank again because after you lost the first rank, your bounce rate become better but my bounce rate become poorer. This will make Google algorithm very unstable.

wokaka, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A significant percentage of people does not use google analytics, if google is going to use the data for ranking , much more percentage of web developers will remove it from their website, All the analytic matrics e.g.sTime on site, bounce rate ,etc can also be manipulated .

it career, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what you say is that...who doesn't use Google Analytics will not be ranked? Or it will be ranked from presumptions ? Not everyone is using G. Analytics and not everyone has the Google toolbar installed, unless they have some sort of agreement with browser developers i don't see how could they know more about a site but again, it would be much more work to rank sites based on so many outside factors.

Trapped, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google will only reply to analytics and move away from their core concept

- What about webmasters who never/won't use Google analytics as their tracking software?
    - What if webmasters bought fake traffics and show Google a fake bounce rates?

I've heard another concept before such as "count on people vote" (like stumbleupon) and I disagree that concept. Why? Every ideas that involve with people can be faked. That's why Google and major search engines never use such a system to determine site ranking. That's why Google have to rely on their algo as an automate process and kept away from people involved.

From my own observation I've seen this

- Rapidly on index and de-index many sites/pages in terms to sweep out junk sites/pages (MFA, RSS scrape contents site, search results as content site, cloaking, redirected, blog network farms, link farms, etc.)
    - PR couldn't be an indicator anymore. Many potential sites have been masked by low PR to prevent people use them as determine site value. You will never know if the sites is good or not, even with high PR one.

There really new algo never been existed because Google changed it all the times.

Sxperm, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  14. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to what i heard is ... google is now also using real people to do ranking ... to determine which result is the best.. so all the spam site won't be ranked on top.

n3o, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  15. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Worst google theory I've ever heard.

sharkyx, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  16. Personaltrainer

Personaltrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    This is unlikely to happen. These rumours are doing rounds for long now and friend you haven't mentioned the source of this scoop.

Personaltrainer, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  17. indiglo

indiglo Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if google don't have analytics codes inserted in all the web pages (which is there on the SERPs right now). What will going to happen with those sites...?

indiglo, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  18. porwan

porwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all.

porwan, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  19. kinderjoy

kinderjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will happen any time soon. Just rumors so that we have what to talk about :D

kinderjoy, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  20. JamesFarrell

JamesFarrell Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't reckon anything will happen soon. They also have all the data from feedburner though :)

JamesFarrell, Mar 10, 2008 IP