1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Disaster: Comscore Reports Awful January

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by danimal, Feb 26, 2008.

have your adsense earnings have dropped like a rock lately? you are not alone:

"Comscore reported shockingly bad US paid click performance for Google in January: flat growth year-over-year versus a 25% increase in Q4. Even if Comscore is only half right, this is a disaster...

UPDATE 2: Jeffries adds Comscore's monthly data on Google click growth for October through January. This adds more fuel to the theory that Google's click growth has ground to a halt:

October: 37%
    November: 27%
    December: 12%
    January: Flat

It is hard to see how this deceleration could possibly be explained by "accidental click reduction" and other quality programs (An explanation that never made sense for the Q4 shortfall anyway). The steady deceleration also makes it hard to argue that the January report is just a wacky one-month Comscore aberration."
    http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/2/2008/2/google_disaster__comscore_reports_awful_january

danimal, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is causing Google stock prices to fall drastically, thanks to IBM share buyback or I expect the fall to be worse. But I am thinking Google might be stricter with Adsense and the quaility of the Adsense Publishers in order to increase click thrus, that may in turn be bad for some of us who may not have met Adsense benchmark and hence take the risk of being axed :(

wisdomtool, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  3. meep99

meep99 Peon

Best Answers:
    My earnings have increased... By alot! mostly since Jan 1st :)

meep99, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Congrats! You are running direct in contrast to most other Adsense publishers, at least judging from the comscore report :)

wisdomtool, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  5. Shakas

Shakas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, that´s what i´m afraid, that google becomes much more stricter with adsense...baning lots of people. I don´t do invalid clicks and stuff but let´s see what will they do.

For start they reserve the right to ban people if they dont make enough clicks...

Shakas, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  6. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine increased in January also. Too bad February went back to normal.

adcents, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  7. wragge11

wragge11 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have fallen. Normally get 20 cents. Now, i am getting 13 clicks and about 30 cents!

Oh well!

wragge11, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  8. MrMOJO

MrMOJO Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My earnings have gone sky high, roughly +20-300%, avg day is now roughly in the $3-$5 range vs. $.20-$.50 days for 2007.

MrMOJO, Feb 26, 2008 IP