1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Video Thumbnail next to standard website listing???

Discussion in 'Google' started by Jan Jaap, Feb 21, 2008.

Dear (Google) SEO experts,

I would hereby like to inform if anyone knows the answer to my question how it is possible that my standard company listing in Google is presented as a Google Video result with a thumbnail of a forest.

I happened to own the domain Forest.com last year however I do not recognize the forest picture and its not hosted on my old domain (publiceren --- net).

Next to the listing it sais "5 sec" and in the url it sais &oi=video_result which makes me believe it is a Google Video Result.

My first thought aprox. 4 months ago was that it was simply a mistake from Google so I let it be, however, the listing is still as it was aprox. 4 months ago as you can see in Google (NL) when searching for the keyword "internet publishing":

Google --- NL ?q=internet+publishing

ip_search_medium.jpg

Is this normal? And if so, how is this possible?

Best Regards,
    Jan Jaap

Jan Jaap, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  2. alex_d1

alex_d1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just did a search for your terms, and found the listing to your site exactly like this on google.com ( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=internet+publishing ).
    It does look like the video listings with the thumbnail, but when I clicked on the link, it went to the site - I didn't see anything vide related at all.

Not sure why your listing is coming out like this, but from a positive point of view - your site does stand out from all the others on the page, and did make me click on the link.

alex_d1, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  3. rustybrick

rustybrick User ID 3

Best Answers:
    rustybrick, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  4. nutkenz

nutkenz Member

Best Answers:
    That's certainly interesting... Does Google usually classify entire websites or individual pages as video-containers?

nutkenz, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  5. Markz

Markz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a first for me I`ve manages to rank well with a few youtube vids but not seen any on G before. Things are changing...

Markz, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  6. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sometime google will give credit to trustable sites to get more info in their SERPs. your site might have something they like so they give you something extra. :)

tradeya, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  7. iambetterthanu

iambetterthanu Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this post was from the other week but I had to reply

I have had a similar "issue" if that's what you want to call it. I call it luck... My site http://www.iambetterthanu.com Iambetterthanu.com shows up with a video next to it every time.

What I do know is that I did post the video that shows up next to my site. The Video is no longer on my site however and I am not the poster of the video. The only thing I can think of was I was the first to embed the video and therefore the video and the site are linked.

I dont want it to go away EVER but I am curious how it was accomplished.

iambetterthanu, Mar 11, 2008 IP