1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 campaigns for the same page?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by shamrock36, Jan 17, 2008.

Hi,
    I wanted to do if I can create 2 campaigns for the same web page, with the same ad,
    only that one campagin would be international - but the phrase that would trigger the ad would be something like "kindergarden in los angeles",
    and the other campaign would be geo targetted, so only users from los angeles would see the ad, even if they only search for "kindergardens".

if its possible, let say that for the geo-targeted, I'm paying $1 per click,
    and for the intl' - I'm paying $2 per click.

what happens when a user from los angeles search for "kindergarden in los angeles" - which ad will he see and how much would I pay?

shamrock36, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. briggidere

briggidere Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to have a read up on geotargeting and how google use query parsing to serve ads.

If you create a campaign targeting just los angeles, someone in africa can search "kindergarden in los angeles" and google could display your ad to them. It's part of their targeting method.

www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/text/19159.html

briggidere, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. shamrock36

shamrock36 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see, so I need to remove the phrase "kindgergard in los angeles" from the international campagin?
    what if I don't want to? which ad from which campaign would it show?

shamrock36, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  4. sem-consultant

sem-consultant Peon

Best Answers:
    you can add negative keywords in campaigns to avoid irrelevant traffic...

Another thing is international traffic is traffic out of US right... so if you are passing keywords from account into the landing page then you get the keywords on landing page..

sem-consultant, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  5. shamrock36

shamrock36 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok let me try to rephrase my question more clearly

campaign #1 (not geo targeted) - 1$ per click - for keywords:
    jenna james kindergarden
    kindergarden in los angeles
    kindergarden los angeles
    kindergarden in la

campaign #2 (los angeles targeted) - 2$ per click - for keywords:

kindergarden

------------------------------

when a user from africa types "kindergarden in la" / "kindergarden in los angeles", or
    when a user from L.A types "kindergarden in la" / "kindergarden in los angeles",

which one of my ads would he see?

and how can I control it, if I want him to see the ad from the first campaign - so I would pay 1$ and not 2$ for the click?

shamrock36, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  6. briggidere

briggidere Peon

Best Answers:
    According to Google, they could see either as they use the query parsing to serve the ads too. Normally they serve the best performing ad, which in Google's eyes would likely be your $2 campaign.

Sorry, I can't tell you any way to get around it but I doubt many people in Africa are looking for kindergardens in LA if that makes you feel any better

briggidere, Jan 20, 2008 IP