1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still get paid if you are kicked out of the beta program?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by dzcap, Jan 5, 2006.

Has anyone been kicked for too much international traffic and still got paid? If you did, how many % were subtracted?

dzcap, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Is that Yahoo and Google that have kicked you out now?

mcfox, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  3. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I am still with Google. Only Yahoo kicked me out, and it was for too much international traffic, not something shaddy. Could you or someone answer my question? Thanks.

dzcap, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Sorry, my mistake. :eek:

I don't know the answer. I keep getting invites to try out YPN beta but I'm UK so I can't sign up yet.

mcfox, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. Tranix

Tranix Peon

Best Answers:
    How could this have happened? Guess, I have to email or call YPN and ask them about this issue :D

Thanks dzcap

Tranix, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I figure out if YPN Beta is open only to American publishers it's because they are expecting traffic coming from the US, Canada and/or a few english speaking countries, not necessarily worldwide because the advertisers may estipulate the targeted audience.

Double check Yahoo terms.

Mystique, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  7. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The terms doesn't say if they will pay or not if you get kicked but it did mention absolutely no international traffic. I thought it meant international traffic won't count towards earnings, didn't really expect them to expect me to filter them out. Remember I am kicked due to too much international traffic, not clicking my own ads or any other form of cheating. Rechecking the terms doesn't mention anything about getting paid, has anyone got kicked out for this reason and still got paid?

dzcap, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  8. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you should get paid, but who knows what Yahoo will do. If they can determine that you had international users clicking on your ads, then that means they can determine which American users were clicking on your ads. At the very least, they should pay you for that. ... I guess this is one of YPN's first tests in determining how they will deal with their publishers. Let's hope they don't get off on the wrong foot.

trivum, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  9. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do not get paid will you please let us know.

Wiley, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  10. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    I got kicked out for the same reason at the same time as dzcap. I have no pending payment on my Payment Report, although I know people with YPN accounts who have had theirs show up already. Also, in the past, my account would show pending payment right now.

Guess I'll have to wait for the 15th to really know, but right now, I don't think they're planning on paying me/us.

grantmd, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  11. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    Just an update on this:

The 15th has not come and gone, and I have no check, nor does anything appear in my Payment Report. I called YPN this morning, and the rep I spoke to said that the 15th of the month deadline does not apply to terminated accounts.

He said they were still evaluating earnings for November for terminated accounts, and was not able to give me a date on when they'd be complete. Pretty weak, but a better answer than "We evaluated your earnings and you get nothing."

grantmd, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  12. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ever get paid on this?

bschneider5, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  13. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    As of Friday, it does appear that they have recalculated my earnings and I will get something (most likely the earnings from clicks from the US). When that check will be printed and sent, I don't know.

grantmd, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  14. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    grant, that's fantastic news!!

So they're not as lame as Google after all.

nt99, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  15. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, I don't know if I'd go that far. There were a few times when I accidentally ran afoul of Google's Terms of Service, and they always emailed me and gave me a chance to fix it before taking action. Yahoo just up and kicked me out without giving me a chance (which would be fair, because I think their TOS are confusing on this topic). Maybe they don't give second chances in the beta program, but I would think the point of the beta is to find places where your program is broken/confusing. Working with me to resolve this, rather than kicking me out and then refusing to give me information, was not the best way for them to learn, I think.

grantmd, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  16. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point for sure.

I've only ever heard of Google booting people and not paying...never heard of them being understanding, so it's good that they are.

nt99, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  17. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:

Without giving specific numbers how much is SOMETHING? Was it almost all of the orginal amount or did they Hack it down to nearly nothing? Did your US traffic from your logs match the percentage paid by yahoo?

I too am Also glad to hear you are getting something(gives hope for me who got kicked today). If it was not a BETA I would be a little more upset that groups like YAHOO would kick people for this. However with any BETA program you enter you have to go in expecting to be dissapointed. I think the fact it deals with money(instead of bad game or app coding) makes things Sting a bit more.

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  18. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    Amount pending to be paid roughly equals my percentage of US traffic.

grantmd, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  19. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    WHEW!!! My heart has started beating again. On my side That should make up for all the traffic(and income) I could have been sending to Google the entire time.

Thank you for being the guinea pig - Grant - I would have gone nuts waiting if I was in your position.

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  20. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes keep us posted if oyu get any more info or get a check! I am sure there are lots of people watching this thread on edge fo their seat wondering if they will get paid for legitamit traffic they sent to yahoo.

xboxundone, Jan 31, 2006 IP