1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Aiming For Repeat Visitors A Waste Of Time For Adsense Sites?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Hon Daddy Dad, Jan 3, 2006.

Well I think sites designed soley for adsense are a waste of time anyway. (Yes they're still allowed on occasions even if technically they do break the terms of service.)

The real profits are in the back end of any business which makes adsense only supplementry.

You want repeat visitors.

It would seem that the more often visitors visit your site the less likely they are to click on adsense ad's due to their developing ad blindness.

So if you've got a site where you're making most of the money out of adsense and you don't intend to offer other services or products to them, is it a waste of time worring about whether or not they come back?

I do believe that Chitika style ads can potentially be clicked on by repeat visitors in some situations.

Personally I almost never click on adsense ad's to blogs I visit regularly because I develop the ad blindness for that site.

Hon Daddy Dad, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  2. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i've always wondered this too. It will be interesting to see everyone's opinions.

personally - i see more traffic as good traffic... you are always gonna get the SE traffic (hopefully) and the return visitors can only help from there.

cagintranet, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  3. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends, really. Depends on the content/info on the site. If users find it useful, regardless of the site's intent, they'll come back.

Lpspider, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    but sometimes though, i might find an interesting ad ("Is Santa Claus ReaL?") on someone else's page that i visit regularly, which i click. i don't know, probably that's just me.

devin, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  5. hyipfarm

hyipfarm Peon

Best Answers:
    The more repeat visitors you have, the more your site will be well known. This will attract more unique visitors to your site and you will still get clicks. When you have lots of traffic, you can start selling banner space expensively. Advertiser will be willing to pay with high traffic site.

hyipfarm, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  6. askboutMe

askboutMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    bingo :) the more hits you get daily the better IMO.

askboutMe, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  7. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For me, repeat visitors are not that valuable. I have forums that generate little or no Adsense or product revenue. I have tutorial sites with double opt in mailing lists that don't do badly selling my software products or affiliate products but it when you mail out to thousands of subscribers you get that 0.1% that buy and the 1% accuse you of spamming because they forgot they double opted in a few years ago.

The best visitors are searchers and researchers that come in from SEO and SEM (Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing, 7Search, etc).efforts. They are either ready to buy or are in clicking mode.

tbarr60, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  8. rosytoes

rosytoes Peon

Best Answers:
    If your visitors come back after their first visit, that means your site is offering what they want and these repeat visitors are more likely to tell their friends about your website, thereby generating new visitors. The snowball starts rolling....

rosytoes, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  9. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds logical.

And, the adds keep on changing. So if there is any add intresting to that repeat visitor,
    he may click....

telecomm, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  10. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to me it will depend largely on what your site is about and what you provide to your visitors.

Personally I believe in providing great content that brings people back again and again. The added benefit is that if people love your site they will start promoting it for you through word of mouth. Added traffic equals higher revenue.

People that also return to the site on a regular basis are more likely to find something interesting shown in ads at one time or the other and will most likely click on it.

Once of visitors aren't bad either seeing as they will more easily click on ads to be taken away to something more to their liking.

Crusader, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  11. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your target audience and the type of site.

I believe the best income source for repeated visitors is affiliate links that you can put on your content.

like:

This is cool click here(with affiliate link)

kalius, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  12. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I am old school on this issue. I firmly believe that content sites will be the most successful over the long run. They will attract good back links, contributing to better and more relevent postioning in search results -- which may be the primary way people find your site. Over the long run, this creates it own opportunities to upsell people.

clancey, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  13. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    clancey is right -- the long run.

The short run means a lot of peaks and valleys. CTR can rise and fall on the whim of the market, especially if your topic sees news coverage and people start searching for it. My gold blog found a bunch of hits because of the pop-song "gold digger" and I happened to use that phrase once. I also saw higher CTR for a few days because of a pop-song. Crazy.

dadasays, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are great for keeping people coming back to your site if you actually get people tp join the forum whihc is very hard to do.

IamNed, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When you target repeat visitors, you also target word of mouth advertising, so I don't believe that it's a waste of time at all!

Blogmaster, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it depends on site quality a great deal. I offer only 100 % original content from my sites. Produces very nice revenue this way.

Takes me a while to churn out the sites with this policy but I feel it is the best one for my aim.

I have found that my visitors are about 50% more than my uniques each day so definitly a good thing, and from what I can see would not put your site at risk for TOS problems.

I've been at it full on four (4) months and no bad issues found.

tbarr60 said
    Hi tbarr

Because of my adsense success I've been fortunate to consult on projects for websites with Adsense implementations and typically the forums do terrible with adsense ads from what I have found

However forums are most effective with on topic relevant affiliate programs.

Hope this helps

C
    'Your mileage may vary'

Sem-Advance, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hon Daddy Said
    Way off topic but read this on Chitika...... Problems are looming

http://www.jensense.com/

Sem-Advance, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster