1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EZine Articles

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webcosmo, Sep 13, 2007.

Did anybody use EZineArticles.com? How did it go, if you like to share.

webcosmo, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  2. bikeman

bikeman Peon

Best Answers:
    I am an author for them and I have looked at many article directories on the internet. I consider them the cream of the crop.

They are more strict on links in the body of the article so it keeps much of the spam away and It seems like most of the articles that I have viewed as a reader are pretty solid.

A Rating.

bikeman, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How was the return from article writing?

webcosmo, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I know I see EZine in search results sometimes when I'm looking for info.. I'd say they're pretty good, I have no idea if it cost money to submit to them or even what they're about.

Brandon Sheley, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. ruscoe

ruscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I use them on and off for promotion. It's pretty cool to see sites posting your articles and giving you free backlinks, but most sites that repost articles from any article site, not just Ezine Articles, are spam blogs and not worth a lot as a backlink.

Providing you write articles related to your site topic, you do at least get decent relevancy in the backlinks.

ruscoe, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  6. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i just got one article published for my skin car blog. only happened yesterday, so still waiting to see if i get much traffic of backlinks.

richkid, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  7. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a good discussion around articles and traffic in this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=458922

But basically articles are good for getting targeted traffic, not necessarily volume traffic. They can also help support your on-site SEO efforts if you use links in the author's resource box wisely and the article directory is trusted by search engines, which ezine is.

ScottBannon, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  8. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm an author there, submitted some of my write ups that really worked. They are a bit strict about link thing and of course quality as well, but submission there gives fast indexing.

Analyst, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  9. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I am an author with EzineArticles. Have submitted and published well over 300 articles with them. They are the top article directories and set high standards for article submissions. From there, I have received more than 160,000 views and made quite a bundle from the sales consistently. If you are doing article marketing, that is THE article directory you need to submit to. I have compiled a free report that details my article marketing strategies. You may want to download it through my signature.

homebizbuilder, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  10. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    ezine is good but not everything. There are many good article directories out there

wokaka, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  11. polarless

polarless Peon

Best Answers:
    most sites that repost articles from any article site

polarless, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  12. gfut72

gfut72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with homebizbuilder, although I'm not nearly as prolific (and we all should be), ezine articles has absolutely helped not just in rankings, but in visitors to my websites. Of course, the key is to write a quality article which drives the reader to your web page. If your are going to do article marketing, I can't imagine a better place than ezinearticles.com.

Bottom line, it WORKS. The tricky part is to decide EXACTLY wht the purpose of the article will be. Many authors write for vanity, you must write for a sign-up or a sale. Backlinks, et al. are nice, but really, if you write a good, keyword rich article and get pageviews you can make out like a bandit.

Hope this helps.

gfut72, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  13. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are the second best article directory online. The first best is the Chronicle. In fact these are the only two article directories I have ever gotten any actual traffic from. So far this month I have gotten around 450 visitors from the Chronicle and about 20 from Ezine articles. 20 isnt much but it is more than I have gotten from around 75 other article directories put together

kentuckyslone, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  14. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Kentuckystone, perhaps I should pop by at Chronicle to have a look. What is the url? Funny thing is that I do not see the pages indexed and ranking well in search engines.

homebizbuilder, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  15. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi kentuckyslone, would you please specify the URL for Chronicle?

Analyst, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  16. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    Hey, I dont know how the Chronicle does with indexing etc etc all I know is that they actually send a lot of traffic to my sites.

For the last 6 months or more I have submitted articles to Ezine Articles and the Chronicle exclusively.

Here is the url http://www.californiachronicle.com this isnt like your standard directory. They arent as quick and simple to get accepted or published in.

kentuckyslone, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  17. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't Chronicle more "recent news" oriented though? For instance, I've never seen a "How To such-and-such" or "10 Ways To Yadda-Yadda-Yadda" article on their site, which seems to be prevalent on ezine and other directories.

ScottBannon, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  18. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    kentuckyslone, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  19. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, what are the requirements for acceptance by Chronicle? Also, is the traffic quality targeted and buying? Have you tracked that before? Do they accept affiliate links?

No point submitting if the traffic is not a targeted, buying one. I can do better with lesser.

Pls share. Thanks!

homebizbuilder, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  20. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    All I can say is go on over to the Chronicle and check it out. I am not connected to them in any other than my submitting articles to them. All I know is that I get hundreds of visitors from my articles there every week. I submitted articles (Many many of them) to over 75 different directories (Go Articles, Article Dashboard etc etc etc) and I never see any traffic from them.

Im not trying to promote them here. I am just letting people know that they are good to use.

Im not sure what you mean by doing better by lesser - there is no better article site in my opinion and experience.

Take a look at some of my articles via the link I posted earlier and see if you think the traffic is targeted. I think they are though I dont have detailed stats to show.

My apologies to the OP - I did not intend on turning this into a Chronicle thread, I simply mentioned them along with Ezine Articles as being the best.

kentuckyslone, Sep 14, 2007 IP
    ScottBannon likes this.