1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Apple takes over the world!

Discussion in 'Google' started by anthonycea, Nov 1, 2004.

Looks like Google is taking over the entire computing sector, now they are building search for Apple computers.

This means that Google believes in MAC and the Apple OS platform.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5434591.html?tag=zdnn.alert

Look out MAC users, Google wants you :eek:

anthonycea, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  2. smarties

smarties Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, google is not stupid and Mac users represent a big market even though it is not the priority.

smarties, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Best Avatar yet BigA

It will take a lot to make me use a Google desktop! Now if I was a window user I might be tempted - but I am not hehehe :D

Foxy, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I can always point the avatar vertical instead of horizontal Foxy when I follow your posts, but I did not want to offend you or anyone else :) :D :p

(Foxy the real reason for the avatar is that Shawn, Compar and my Dad have been calling me an idiot so long that I now believe it)

5. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Hey go for it, don't hang back, I'm broad shouldered, cause you just never know what my avatar might do....hehe :D

Foxy, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  6. 2003m2003

2003m2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As everything else, MAC version come bit late....

2003m2003, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  7. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I thought I read somewhere that that comment has been blown out of perspective and they were looking into it but had not yet decided to do it.

TwisterMc, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  8. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I am sure I will get flamed for this..but that just sealed googles fate..google is done. Mr Bill I am sure is sitting in his office having a good laugh right now and keeping his fingers crossed hoping google seals that deal.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  9. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh? Why? Even Microsoft makes software for Apple. I'm not sure what you mean..

To be honest, I don't understand why anyone would bother using it. Sherlock is darned fast already and with the new update coming up, Spotlight is meant to feed results to you AS YOU TYPE.. http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/spotlight.html

LOL, how about the Windows version / answer to OSX .. what's that? Three, four years later ? Mac ahead of its time. And there is plenty of software made for Mac that you will never see on a PC.

anthony, why do you keep starting these threads - I feel compelled to answer all the half-truths and slandering that ensues

daamsie, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Daamsie, someone has to show these Windows guys the way, they seem to be lost in the M$ Smoke and Mirrors campaign ;)

These guys have to be Bush supporters, they also like paying $3.00 a gallon for gas :confused:

daamsie likes this.
  11. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL who is Bush, I know where you can find Bush hahahaha As for voting for Bush I am going to take the Bin Laden approach..just say no to Bush..LOL. I am no real Mr Bill fan either but I do not care for google and all the fliters they seem to want to put in place just to increase there profit margin for adwords. I looked at the new MSN search engine today for my industry and a few others and I have to say it is A LOT more relevant then google.

Uncle Bill has to much money as it is and his OS are not the best in the world. Google is headed for a path of destruction and it cant be to soon. Since their IPO, Mr Pump me up man 1 and 2 have become very greedy and IMO have tried everything they can to turn their natural results in my industry to garbage to increase adword profits.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Your final statement has been going on since 11/2003, nothing anyone can do about that or the price of gas under Bush and Cheney.

Funny thing is, people like to make money more than being honest and good :)

13. maniac_dk

maniac_dk Peon

Best Answers:
    Was it not Apple that had the first Windows desktop format, and then Bill and his friend came and made Win 3.11 or so?

maniac_dk, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  14. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Hey that is not how you write it

It should read

"Was it not Apple that had the first Graphic desktop format called Lisa and then Macintosh, and then Bill and his friend came and made Win 3.11 or so?"

Hehehe...and it took M$ from 1982 to 1995 [13 years] to put a proper veneer over the M$DOS [3.1 was a cop out]

What is more Apple was the first Personal computer in 1978, and ipod and....

Foxy, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  15. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Microsoft Office 2003 and 2004 and maybe others always made it to the Mac before they made it to Windows. :p

TwisterMc, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  16. eitemiller

eitemiller Peon

Best Answers:
    I still dont understand how people can say "Google is done" or "Google is dead". When a stock almost doubles in value after going public - well, you figure it out.

eitemiller, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It is called relative strength on Wall Street, every analyst gives the stock a buy rating at the same time and traders push the stock up.

When this happens those who have a short position must cover their short position by purchasing shares in the open market pushing them up even faster.

This is called a short squeeze on Wall Street, you can bet that there are many traders taking new short positions at the level the stock is now.

When the firms on Wall Street want to push the stock down and short it themselves all the analysts will change their recommendations to sell and they will all make money on the downside.

Stock trading is an insiders game and the average investor needs to get on the right side of the Wall Street insiders line or they will get crushed.

Google is now valued in market capitalization higher than Ford and General Motors combined.

Do you think it will be able to hold this valuation?

anthonycea, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  18. eitemiller

eitemiller Peon

Best Answers:
    If I could predict the stock market, I wouldn't be here. But I do know this - too many people claim Google is broken/dead/dying - it's all non-sense imo. G is still the top SE, and will continue to be so, until someone can do it better. Who's going to take over G's spot (not Gspot, lol) - MSN? Ask? I really doubt it.

eitemiller, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to learn more check out the following that covers the issue of Google market capitalization and Google acquisitions.

http://www.webcenter.squarespace.com/google-intelligence/

anthonycea, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  20. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    IE 5 for the Mac was well ahead of IE on the PC. It still includes some features that the PC hasn't picked up on, ie.. text zoom.

daamsie, Nov 2, 2004 IP