1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Updated Features Launching August 2007

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by YahooPete, Aug 30, 2007.

Hi there,

I appreciate all the feedback on this forum and wanted to let you know about some new features we’re launching today.

Some of the features include:

Enhancements to the process for creating an ad
    Low quality index alert – Advertisers will be alerted if their quality index drops below a certain level.
    Ad generator – Add titles and short sentences to the ad generator which will automatically combine various permutations of those titles and short sentences to form a set of candidate ads
    Campaign optimization – Optimize your campaigns according to your specified goals
    And more.

We’ve posted a more detailed article on the new features on our Yahoo! Search Marketing blog: http://www.ysmblog.com/blog/2007/08/30/enhanced-tools-and-new-options/

As more updates and enhancements become available, we’ll definitely keep you updated.

All the best,
    YahooPete

YahooPete, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. Seeker0

Seeker0 Banned

Best Answers:
    Increasing the initial deposit to $30 is not a good feature in my opinion.

Seeker0, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    the only good thing is, they are now allowing deposits from paypal! :D

TatiAnA, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Pete! My god pete, I nearly had to replace my undershorts today when I hit sort by impressions, and it sorted in DESCENDING ORDER! Thank you! This has been something that annoyed me since the day I began using the most recent version.

I can see that YSM is making good advancements in the system efficiency department, but the ajax code in use seems incredibly slow, even on fast computers for the javascript end of things... any chance of an offline editor in the future?

Spendlessly, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  5. YahooPete

YahooPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts.

I’m going to share your feedback with the product team. We want to know what our advertisers like, don’t like and features they want to see.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

All my best,
    YahooPete

YahooPete, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  6. djixas

djixas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you make an image link if when I click it opens same size image anyway?

djixas, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  7. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    YahooPete - Will you be kicking off ads with low CTRs? Many terms on Yahoo are just filled with advertisers and affiliates of the same product, and I believe it creates a pretty bad experience for the end user. Also, is Yahoo intent on having up to 4 blue banner positions vs. 2 or 3 at Google? 4 advertisers blue bannered definitely takes away from the return from being blue bannered (and the end-user experience), and only having 3 advertisers blue bannered may actually help Yahoo's bottom line through higher bids.

Johu, Sep 3, 2007 IP