1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiqh Quality Gourmet Food Writer Needed for 10 Articles

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by BasketCase, Aug 16, 2007.

I know that this is not where you are supposed to post for writing jobs but I have noticed that the quality of writers that participate here is much higher than the services section. I'm looking for a gourmet food writer that has experience in writing on gourmet cheese or wine. I have 10 articles that I need for a new cheese site that is launching very soon. If interested, please pm me some samples of writing, rates and expected turnaround. Thanks

BasketCase, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  2. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    weh ev sent u apm with sample articles. haev a look and let us know .

butternyk, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is that supposed to be a joke?

If you want to find the better writers, you'll just have to be upfront with how much you can afford in the BST section.

Sure, you'll attract poor writers too, but I personally wouldn't reply to someone's request for content if they don't know how much they can spend.

zac439, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  4. BasketCase

BasketCase Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No its not a joke. There are many ways writers can price their services that are totally independent of what I'm willing pay. Your rate can be a function of what your time is worth based on the opportunity cost of doing something else. Many writers have a fixed cost per word.

In the end, I will make a judgement of what that writer is worth based on the perceived quality of their samples. If the writer is not willing to invest a minute to provide a rate and sample, that is their choice.

BasketCase, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  5. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Although I'm not a gourmet food writer, I am a writer on Elance. You will find many writers there that have experience in specialty food writing.

Oosha, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  6. BasketCase

BasketCase Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the advice. I think Elance may be a better channel for me to find this type of writer.

BasketCase, Aug 17, 2007 IP
  7. pinkeyedjim

pinkeyedjim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Hi,

I am a blogger with extensive gourmet food experience. I took an associates degree culinary course. I've worked at four star restaurants in the central NJ area for years. I've managed a gourmet cheese department in a retail grocery store. I've worked in a few fine wine shops.

I know cheese extremely well, I'm intermediate with wine. I have a Food, Drink and Recipes category on my personal blog that you should check out to get a few examples of my food writing abilities. http://www.pinkeyedjim.com/category/food-drink-and-recipes/

My rate is usually 1.5 cents per word, but for a bulk order like this, I'd be willing to go down to 1 cent per word.

pinkeyedjim, Aug 18, 2007 IP