1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Stock Falls Nearly 5% In A Single Day!

Discussion in 'Google' started by yo-yo, Nov 29, 2005.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...Z_01_ARM980178_RTRUKOC_0_US-GOOGLE.xml&rpc=23

yo-yo, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    sGroup likes this.
  2. Red

Red Peon

Best Answers:
    Well when you completly ruin your search results around the holiday season to have more people click ads you will only cause these people to search somewhere else. :)

Red, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    Christopher and zman like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that statement, and send you rep, Red.

Christopher, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  4. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that some of you are not giving Google what is due. Look at the market cap and how well the stock has done... 5% is nothing.

larysmith711, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    sGroup likes this.
  5. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    up 40 down 5 - still not bad.

sGroup, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  6. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that Google is a giant in its industry,, but your wrong when you say 5% is nothing.

5% of 1 Billion dollars is 500 million dollars, that is a lot of change, regardless of what your company name is. And when you think that google is a debt free company,,, well that makes it a lot of cash coming out of their pocket.

What I believe helped in their 5% decrease was that a lot of publishers now have more options YPN and Chitika, regardless of what others say, has had to have put a little dent in their plans,,, and with MSN on the move to do the same with AOL... investors should be a little concerned,,, although google is still a bully investors take into consideration the competitions moves and future plans of the other big guns also.

Be nice to see what transpires in the next few months,,, if google is predicting a bad holiday season, then you can almost be sure they will have another decline in stock prices after the first.

millst2, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  7. Matts

Matts Berserker

Best Answers:
    5% drop? I don't think it means anything except for a few firms with a lot of shares selling them for profit -- the year end is coming and the fund managers need to meet the ytd goals, Dec 31 is coming on fast. There's no way google released it's revenue results from yesterday to the financial markets, the books for Nov don't close until the 30th and won't be reported for a few days after that -- assuming they'll report monthly results.

Matts, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  8. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, as someone who has quite a bit of investment experience, a 5% drop isn't that much. Especially when you have a company like Google with such a nice run. I mean, people are going to take profits and this is exactly what happened here.

Google has a high value and in order to sustain and grow it, they'll have to keep coming up with blowout numbers. If I were a shareholder, I'd be a little concerned too but believe me, YPN or even moreso Chitika wouldn't be a factor in the decision. I bet you the vast majority of GOOG investors (not counting say, Google employees) don't even know what Chitika is.

vprp, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  9. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    No a 5% drop isn't much, but speculative trading at 45 times profit is absurd! I wish I had the dough to sell this bitch short! I would bet the farm on a short!

Henny, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Do you really think that is a factor? :p

Overall, I think Google's results are still much, much better than anyone else's.

THIS is pretty impressive but can't go on forever.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  11. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:

Actually,,, I think it is! My controlled expirement proves it :p My wife has google toolbar on her PC. I went upstairs about 3 days ago (i try to stay downstairs) and she was searching yahoo for something. I said, "hey, why are you using Yahoo"? She said, "Because i couldn't find what I wanted". So there you go, proof positive 100% with a 99.9% control sample that yahoo serps are better. Oh, BTW, she was looking for a Green Bay Packer (shut the fuck up___) crib set.

Henny, Nov 29, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    actually it can go on for a long time and higher.... I just got many more shares last friday. I am not looking to turn a quick buck though. I believe in googlenet and when they launch that sucker look out

Shoemoney, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  13. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying it wont go higher. In fact, I think it will. It's just not going to go up everyday. And -5% is nothing for a stock that has gone up 40+% in the last few months.

I wouldn't personally buy at this level but my Dad did last week.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  14. xponse

xponse Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

I think you people might mixed up with SHARE market and SEO JOB..

5% or 10% UP and down is normal behavior of share market. SHARE broker are makes money from this fluctuation,..

We should not worry about that Share price up and down.

xponse, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  15. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously don't own any of the stock. ;)

larysmith711, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  16. rohitgoel

rohitgoel Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney, you are buying more of google stock. Looks like jagger didnt affect you that much, is it so ?

rohitgoel, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  17. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    The reason it went down was because there were reports that Cyber Monday wasn't as busy as expected. It was just a normal reaction to that news then as it fell stop loss levels got taken out.
    It will bounce back.

Cyclops, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  18. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a party pooper but 5% of $1b is not $500m, LOL. But true, Google should be debt-free. They probably have really low capex (ie: just buying a bunch of high-end computers and servers. Other traditional companies had to buy big machinery and mired in huge debts)

my44, Dec 1, 2005 IP