1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Scandal of the YEAR

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by popotalk, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Yes sir this piece right here says it all. The ROTTEN DMOZ even goes beyond being ROTTEN.

Editors should not hang up in Digital Point or be a Webmaster or else you are going to be FIRED.

Jim Noble, Orlady, Shadow575 and all you METAS I know you are reading here EVERYDAY and you know what I mean.

:mad::mad::mad:

popotalk, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  2. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol i think im gonna get someone fired!
    Gnet is an editor at dmoz :D

Gnet, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Zap likes this.
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    uhhh you haven't said WHY or WHAT....heh

fsmedia, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This what makes it exciting. Will do ONCE the BIGGIES SHOWS UP. You havent seen them lately as they are BUSY FIRING GOOD PEOPLE in DMOZ. Now there are Internal Fighting.

popotalk, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  5. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    heh...just sounds like this thread is getting dumber and dumber by the post...

fsmedia, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  6. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah you know these internal matters, if you are told you would have to be shot. :D

Anyway, there is plenty of work for hard working ex-DMOZ editors at Wikipedia, besides expanding articles there is standard DMOZ style work like helping with WikiProject Spam and Wikipedia:Maintenance etc.

Ivan Bajlo, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  7. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Actually popo i think the person u talking about is cause that person cared to help out few folks at http://www.dmoz-resources.com/zone/ , it hurts me most and i feel responsible in a way and am sorry about that, skunky also resigned , so do not know what to do now, seems like metas are trying to turn dmoz into their source of income as they need to fire all the good people to continue with their dirty work of extorting money from users to list their sites on some good pr categories.

When will aol wake up is what i wonder.

paidhosting, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please paidhosting not this time of idiotic post I'm dead serious and need some answers here. And I was not reffering to you as the most notorious ex-editor. Thats my title and NEVER take that away from me.

Now back on topic so firing an editor with 120,000 edits just because he/she hangs around at DP without even having the audacity to send a letter is absolute BULLCRAP. You guys already know that DMOZ is sinking and yet the only person that makes a GOOD PR with the outside world has been treated unfairly.

popotalk, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  9. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    You are of course joking. Apart from a handful of editors who visit this forum most would not have a clue who you are.
    Instead of your normal game of lies and deceit why don't you come out and explain what you are ranting about and what YOUR role was in the removal.

nebuchadrezzar, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And you are.... ? Netherlands Most Wanted ? :rolleyes:

Who's lying here Neb. When you lied to DP of who you are ? Ah - ah theres no role its your usual cover up. Funny you showed up now when there is something smelly showing a game of impressing and A Kissing the hierchy again. :eek:

Did I invite you ? Are you a META now. I specifically stated that. :rolleyes:

popotalk, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  11. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why refer to DMOZ = The MONSTER

mywebsearches, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  12. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it was fun while it lasted - but removing annie was the last straw. We just wanted to help out here at DP and Bunny's forum. I guess that is showing favoritism.

My heart is just not in it anymore. There are still a couple of hard working editors at the ODP, just now there is a couple (or more) less. :( It seems once you make meta, you forget everyone lower than you in the FOOD chain and all of the hard work we did so you could get that promotion. You can now remove annie and myself from the meta "Names Thread" as we are no longer editors.

gboisseau, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  13. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Anything that hurts RZ and their pockets is called Favoritism. So much for dmoz, and thanks skunky for helping out at my forums , hopefully u will not quit working there for me for free :D:p

14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I hate to extend this thread longer than it has to be, but , "What is a "Meta"? Is it a paid position?

hmansfield, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  15. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Meta is a position after which you turn into evil beast :p u do not want to be a meta or go against a meta it will rein doom upon u... talking about meta is also unholy and those who do are cursed for life..:p

16. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    No, the only paid positions at the ODP are the staff of AOL. The hierarchy is as follows:

Staff - only paid employees - work for AOL/Netscape
    Admins - administer the project, approve new metas, editalls
    Metas - approve new editors / new categories
    Editall/Catmv - can edit anywhere in the directory plus can move categories - annie and I were editall/catmvs
    Editall - can edit anywhere in the directory - can not change the directory structure
    Cateditall - can edit in an Root/Category ie: http://www.dmoz.org/Business/
    Editor - can edit (a) specific category(s) ie: http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Food_and_Related_Products/Grains_and_Legumes/Tortillas/

gboisseau, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  17. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have know better that such insolence would not be tolerated by holy meta inquisition. :rolleyes:

Why would divine metas even bother with fates of mere mortals? DMOZ isn't Wikipedia! :D

Ivan Bajlo, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  18. jinx

jinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Happy Trails to you. :)

jinx, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  19. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My contribution was just 10% of Annie's and I am still hurt at the insult of being unfairly dismissed without so much of a word over a single listing of the kind for which a mistake was the most likely explanation.

I can only imagine what it must feel like. She must be totally devastated, after giving so much of herself, and through rough patches and ill-health. Annie is a kind, loving, generous person. She will always be a favorite cyber-acquaintance of mine, and to a great many others. Metas can whine that it was a hard decision all they want, that makes the decision no less cruel, and no less unfair.

I tip my hat to gboisseau for standing up for what's right. You are a gem. A rare gem.

helleborine, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  20. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Happy trails to you, too.

What does your comment mean, pray tell?

helleborine, Jun 3, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.