1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got a phone call from MSN AdCenter

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by adacprogramming, May 26, 2007.

Thought this was a little strange.

I signed up several months back never did get around to doing anything with it. At the time they were giving away $20 of free clicks.

MSN must be trying pretty hard if they are resorting to calling to see why you havn't started using them

Some how I can't imagine getting a call from Google.

adacprogramming, May 26, 2007 IP
  2. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a call a few weeks back - The call dropped & I gave the rep a call back, left a message for him to call me back to continue the conversation, but he never called back.

The reason I don't use MSN right now is because of their stupid editorial policy of having to get every keyword approved. Google doesn't do this, and has not faced legal action about it... They also disapprove keywords for the worst reasons - I guess they have never heard of going after the long tail, and reject so many keywords that are considered related to the product, and that get high CTR and ROI on Google.

Personally I think that their excuse about "giving our users the best search experience" is bullshit... There's a reason that MSFT's stock has been stagnant for 7 years - They should be paying more attention to the priorities of their shareholders in this case.

Johu, May 26, 2007 IP
  3. pc-monkey

pc-monkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, Google has taken the position of "we don't care if you use us or not" because they are the market leader. It's something that I think will return to bite them in the ass though.

It's actually cool that MS is actually calling people for sales. At least they're trying.

pc-monkey, May 26, 2007 IP
  4. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I kind of had a hard time believing this wasn't a scam, but when I asked he did give me a @microsoft.com email address. If I decide to give him a call later, I'll send an email first. :)

adacprogramming, May 26, 2007 IP
  5. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen,
    adcenter has its con's but is def full of Pro's including 10cent clicks on pretty competitive keywords :D

xharrisonx, Jun 8, 2007 IP