1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does PR effect where your page shows up in Search

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pbruessow@msn.com, May 14, 2007.

Is there a direct correlation that a high PR will translate to my URL being shown on the 1st page of a search?

Can someone tell me approx. what search page that a PR3, PR4, PR5, etc will appear on?

pbruessow@msn.com, May 14, 2007 IP
  2. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    It doesn't have a direct involvement.

No they can't, it depends on the term, on-page factors, anchor text to the page etc rather then PR.

sweetfunny, May 14, 2007 IP
  3. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't say I've ever seen a hard and fast correlation but in general there does seem to be PR groupings based on competitiveness of the search term. PR0-PR2, PR3-PR4 then PR5+. The more competitive a term the higher your PR must be to get on the first page of SERPS.

Try a highly competitive term like "credit cards" (92 million serps)and then check the page rank of sites on the first page. Then check a less competitive keyword in the same category like "prepaid credit card" (2 million serps)and check the pagerank and you will see what I mean.

Searchnology.com, May 14, 2007 IP
  4. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help!

pbruessow@msn.com, May 14, 2007 IP
  5. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If that were true, for the Credit Card term #1 would have the highest PR, #2 slightly lower #3 slightly lower and so on. But if you have a look it isn't the case the PR for the domains is scattered.

Google the term "search engine" and you will see Google's PR10 being beaten by a PR7.

When you start doing a more advanced analysis on things like keyword density, allinanchor, allinurl, on page elements like Title, Metas, <h> and <b> tags, where the keyphrase appears in the document etc you start to see the "real" reason they rank rather then what it appears on face value of a green mark on the toolbar.

sweetfunny, May 15, 2007 IP