1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Quality Score has broken Adcenter

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by Jon12345, Apr 18, 2007.

Just check out the listings and they are full of spam sites. My quality site has plummeted in the rankings, yet there are sites where the url and the landing page does not even match up.

Something is seriously wrong with adcenter now.

Jon

Jon12345, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  2. Jathan

Jathan Guest

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately I am suffering from the same problem. My spend has dropped from $40/day to about $0.80 for the past few days. I did a bunch of testing on my landing pages, but I still am getting close to no traffic.

Your right, the pages that do rank for advertising on certain keywords that I have also bid on have poorly broken english splattered all over them.

Jathan, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  3. Jon12345

Jon12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have experienced a drop of similar proportions. And yes, the sites that rank at the top are utter rubbish and with urls not even matching up!

Jon12345, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  4. Jathan

Jathan Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I noticed too that their url doesn't match up :)

Type in Nas. You will get a page adverising "allinsite.com" But it directs you to some spam .info when you click the ad. If you try to go to allinsite.com, page not found.....

Jathan, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    adCenter is pretty messed up at the moment. Seeing some of the worst quality ads I've ever seen, on any search engine, show up for some high volume terms.

I turned all my adcenter campaigns off about 30 minutes ago. I don't want my ads mixed in with the garbage that's out there right now.

Hopefully this is something that will be fixed.

edit - it is kind of ironic that amazon is showing up for pretty much everything under the sun...except for the term amazon:)

GuyFromChicago, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  6. Jathan

Jathan Guest

Best Answers:
    All those sites are probably cloaking with massive amounts of related content to the keyword. The MSN bot probably thinks these are great content filled pages that will bring a better user experience.......

Most of my pages have fallen 10-13 spots to where my average rank is now 18th. Pathetic...

Jathan, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  7. BIGC

BIGC Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty different for me ...

I am getting lot many clicks then usual ..

But the conversion is way too low

BIGC, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, big changes already today. Yesterday I blogged about the msn paid results for "gold watches" and today I'm seeing a completely different set of ads.

Wonder if this happened in an automated fashion or if someone over at adCenter manually intervened. Either way, it's nice to see the pure garbage that was showing in the paid results appears to be disappearing.

GuyFromChicago, Apr 19, 2007 IP