1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google’s Click Fraud Rate is Less than 2%

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Monty, Dec 11, 2006.

An excellent article on Marketing Pilgrim :

Exclusive : Google’s Click Fraud Rate is Less than 2%

Where Google’s business product manager for trust and safety, Shuman Ghosemajumder, interviewed by Andy Beal explain the filtering process.

According to him, the click fraud rate is less than 2%.

Monty, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  2. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And we should really trust them beucase they say sooo:) yeah RIGHT!

TheSyndicate, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  3. aeronautic.net

aeronautic.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just link bait.

Drill down into the story, the comments and responses to the comments and you'll see that claim is empty and unproven.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

aeronautic.net, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  4. PPCblogger

PPCblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like sh1te to me...how is Google really to know how much click fraud they didn’t detect?

I see how they are 'trying' to assess a estimated figure. But in reality, its just guesswork.

They don't know, thats kinda the point..

PPCblogger, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  5. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as an advertiser gets Reasonable conversions, This will never be a major issue., Seeing the growth of publisher network and decline in conversions , This may reach a bubble burst stage soon, if google does not take effective measures

sarathy, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  6. tkilgore

tkilgore Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smart pricing policy ... tells me that's not even close (2%) I just think they stoped some of it ..but it is still the wild wild west out there.

tkilgore, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  7. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I spend 1000 $ a month with google adword and all i get is a stupid letter telling me thay are looking into my claim and then 2 days after they found nothing.

TheSyndicate, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  8. DSB

DSB Peon

Best Answers:
    I listened to a really interesting interview with Clarence Briggs, CEO of hosting firm AIT.com on Webmaster Radio this morning. He claims that up to 70% of his pay per click costs with Google in the past has been click fraud.

I suppose it depends on who you speak to.

DSB, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  9. Monty

Monty Peon

Best Answers:
    Monty, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  10. aeronautic.net

aeronautic.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oddly enough the topic of click fraud started some active comment writing on a post on Matt Cutts blog several days ago (I was one).

I say odd because he just wrote about the Shuman Ghosemajumder interview which started this thread again with no mention of the comments in the Andy Beal piece which added balance and much better perspective than the misleading headline of the Beal post.

aeronautic.net, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  11. taulath

taulath Peon

Best Answers:
    The Marketing Pilgrim article originally didn't state things 100% accurately.

The figure of less than 2% is for Google detected invalid clicks

They go on to deduce that fraudulent clicks that do not get detected must be a fraction of this - less than .5% probably - but this is an assumption.

I don't think fraudulent clicks are anything like as high as 70%, or even the 20-30% that third party click fraud tracking software companies state. We have in-house tracking systems and are seeing less and less suspect behaviour that Google are not filtering out.

If you're in a competitive, expensive market (Hosting, Finance, Property) then the risk of click fraud is going to be higher, as there's more incentive for scammers and competition. Otherwise, I don't see click fraud as being that big a deal. As long as your campaign is delivering a good ROI, then the system is working for you!

taulath, Dec 15, 2006 IP