1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 brochure and business card for a dog hotel - 48h - Payment via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by prajnaseeker, Jul 18, 2010.

Company profile:
    We are a hotel for dogs in Brazil with a lot of open space near nature, a playground with yard toys for dogs, swimming pool, etc. Also, a store selling products for pets and farm animals, and other related services such as vet care, therapies, etc. We are very serious about animal well-being and do not sell any live animals.

Company logo: The company logo should be in all designs, it's also useful for you to look at it to get a "feel" of the company identity.
    View or download the logo at: http://www.paraisoanimal.net/logo.html
    I also attached a very low resolution of it here: View attachment 42115

Design requirements:
    The brochure and business card should have the same "feel" as the company logo: "playful", "happy", "alive". You can use green (similar to the grass in the logo) as a predominant color, maybe some orange too (similar to the hammock in the logo). Our main business is the hotel for dogs, so you can use images of dogs, paws etc, just don't overdo it. More details below.

Contest Deliverables:
    Brochure: Photoshop .PSD format, 300dpi, suitable for printing. OR Corel Draw .cdr format or Adobe Illustrator .ai format, suitable for printing (all text must be editable, no vectorized/rasterized text).
    Business Card: Photoshop .PSD format, 300dpi, suitable for printing. OR Corel Draw .cdr format or Adobe Illustrator .ai format, suitable for printing (all text must be editable, no vectorized/rasterized text).
    You must supply the fonts and any other source materials used.

Deadline: July 20, 2010 at 9pm
    We reserve the right to extend the deadline for a maximum of another 6 days if no satisfactory entries are posted. The winner will be chosen (name posted in the thread) and paid in no longer than 48 hours after the deadline.

Thank you all and good luck!

Details:

Brochure:

The brochure should be 20x21 (1 fold) OR 21x29,7 (A4 paper)(2 folds). I'm not sure which size of brochure will better accomodate the content (we need space for all the text below and 8 pictures). So I'm leaving it for you designers to decide the size.

Contents:

Large company logo

(48) 3369-4773 | (48) 9909-4993
    www.paraisoanimal.net

Est. Bento Manoel Ferreira, 260 - Ratones - Florianópolis/SC

(below are the services offered by the business, to be listed on the brochure - I've included a brief english description of each item so you know what are they about, don't include this english descriptions on the brochure)
    • Hotel para cães com recreação, playground e piscina (hotel for dogs with recreeation, playground and swimming pool)
    • Pet Shop e Agropecuária (store selling products for pets and farm animals)
    • Banho e Tosa (pet grooming)
    • Consultório Veterinário (veterinary)
    • Terapias (therapies, such as shiatsu, reiki, etc)
    • Educação Canina (canine education)
    • Taxi Dog (taxi for dogs)

(below are further informations and details about each service offered, the first two items include pictures)

* Hotel e recreação para cães (this item has 6 pictures (scaled down 10x15 pictures))
    - Playground com brinquedos diversos para cães
    (the indented items below, preceeded by the "-" chacacter, are sub-items of the item "Hotel e recreação para cães")
    - Piscina
    - Área de ao ar livre com 1000m2 em meio a natureza, toda gramada
    - Sala de lazer com 42m2, sonorização e TV LCD 42"
    - Suítes individuais de alto padrão para o período noturno, com sonorização
    - Atividades recreativas
    - Profissionais qualificados para cuidar dos cães com carinho, amor e responsabilidade
    - Ambientes higienizados diversas vezes ao dia
    - Assistência veterinária 24h
    - Câmeras de vigilância, alarme, muros com 2m de altura e cerca elétrica
    Os cães permanecem livres durante todo o período diurno, para se divertir ou relaxar nas áreas ao ar livre, no playground e na sala de lazer, além de participar de eventuais atividades recreativas conduzidas por nossa equipe. Durante a noite, descansam em confortáveis suítes individuais.​

* Pet Shop e Agropecuária (this item has 2 pictures (scaled down 10x15 pictures))
    Rações, acessórios e medicamentos para cães, gatos, aves, peixes, cavalos e outros animais de grande porte.

* Banho e Tosa
    Profissionais qualificados e apaixonados por animais, garantindo a satisfação dos clientes e o bem-estar dos cães.

* Consultório Veterinário
    Atendimento de cães, gatos, animais silvestres, cavalos e outros animais de grande porte.
    Profissionais especializados em diferentes áreas da Medicina Veterinária. Planos de saúde e vacinas.

* Terapias
    Shiatsu, Reiki, fisioterapia e hidroterapia para cães. O Paraíso Animal também oferece o "plano anti-stress", indicado para cães que vivem sozinhos ou em ambientes pequenos. O plano inclui atividades que contribuem para o equilíbrio e o bem-estar do cão: recreação em uma grande área ao ar livre, cercada de verde, e socialização com outros cães.

* Educação Canina
    Utilizamos técnicas específicas para ajudar a equilibrar e estabilizar a mente do cão, minimizando a ansiedade e os comportamentos negativos, beneficiando o cão e todos ao seu redor. Nossas técnicas visam educar através de brincadeiras e estímulos positivos (recompensas), com muito amor e carinho, sem punição ou castigo.

* Taxi-Dog

Business Card:

The business card should be 9x5cm.

Contents (arrange them as you like):

Company logo (no less than 30mm width, otherwise it becomes hard to read the text and see the details)

(below are the services offered by the business, to be listed on the business card - I've included a brief english description of each item so you know what are they about, don't include this english descriptions on the card)
    • Hotel para cães com recreação, playground e piscina (hotel for dogs with recreeation, playground and swimming pool)
    • Pet Shop e Agropecuária (store selling products for pets and farm animals)
    • Banho e Tosa (pet grooming)
    • Consultório Veterinário (veterinary)
    • Terapias (therapies, such as shiatsu, reiki, etc)
    • Educação Canina (canine education)
    • Taxi Dog (taxi for dogs)

(below are the owner names and the cell phone number of one of them)
    Bruno J. Facca dos Santos
    Mariana Hoffmann C. F. dos Santos (48) 9909-4993

www.paraisoanimal.net

(48) 3369-4773
    Est. Bento Manoel Ferreira, 260 - Ratones - Florianópolis/SC[/QUOTE]

Thank you and good luck!

prajnaseeker, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  2. biruhato

biruhato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    let's start with the card first :)
    [​IMG]

biruhato, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    biruhato: looks nice! Feedback:
    * Maybe green should be the predominant color in the front of the card. Can you switch the colors?
    * It looks good, I like it, but maybe we can add a little more details to it: perhaps replacing the arrows with dog paw prints?
    Looking forward to see the revision and the brochure.

Business Card - More details:

* Single sided business cards are preferable. I know it's a lot of content to fit on one side, but double sided business cards are not very common here, so people might not turn ir around to look the backside.
    * Importance of the content: The owner names are not so important in this business, so they don't need to be very big, also they don't need the center of the card. The most important thing is the list of services offered.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    prajnaseeker, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  4. biruhato

biruhato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    rvised
    [​IMG]

for the brochure, please attached the images that will be used. thanks

5. DearaDesigns

DearaDesigns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is my first concept idea:
    [​IMG]
    Do you like this style of business card, or do you prefer something more professional, more serious?

DearaDesigns, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  6. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    biruhato: further feedback on the business card, this is probably last revision:
    * The overall design is very nice, however I feel that something is missing (it's a bit too simple), maybe add something like a paw print (with very low opacity) on the background, or perhaps some other detail in orange (in the green part), these are just ideade, maybe they're not good... Feel free to use your creativity.
    * Please flip the card horizontally so the logo and the orage strip are on the left.
    * Please make the orange a bit ligher, you can use the same orange as the word "paraíso" in the logo
    * Even though there is no need for indivudual cards, both owner names on the card did not look good at all (too much text)... Please leve only one name, sorry about this confusion.
    * Please move the name to the top and leave the services in the middle, the font of the name may be a bit smaller (but still larger than the font of the services)
    * I think mixing 3 font colors didn't look very nice, maybe make the text of the bottom (address, etc) orange too (same color as the names)
    * The phone number (48) 3369... is the land line of the store, so it goes in the bottom of the card, along with the address etc
    Thanks for your patience and, again, looking forward for the revision

About the brochure, I don't have the images that will be used yet. They will be downsized 10x15cm pictures of the hotel, store. So just leave some spaces for images or put any images as placeholders, they should be 2:3 (width x height proportion. ex: 2x3cm or 4x6cm and so on)

7. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DearaDesigns: I like it, very nice. Feedback:
    * Please flip the card horizontally (put the logo on the left and the text on the right)
    * Maybe make the logo a little smaller (just a little bit!) so there is more space for the text
    * The paw prints can be a little smaller
    * Needs some overall improvement on the text: distribution, fonts used, font color, etc
    * Please remove the name of one of the owners (sorry about this confusion)
    Looking forward for the revised design!

Thank you

8. biruhato

biruhato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revised
    [​IMG]

9. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    biruhato: the business card is great! Now, on to the brochure... :)

10. malditah

malditah Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here's mine:

Print ready
    Standard Business Card Size
    CMYK 300dpi with bleed lines

[​IMG]

malditah, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  11. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll be posting feedback for the last entries tomorrow morning. Good night to you all.

12. raju143

raju143 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wait for my entry...i will be posting it soon.i will post business card and brochure at a time.i will be post it in the evening...

raju143, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  13. ing_pacz

ing_pacz Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try...
    [​IMG]

ing_pacz, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  14. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Some of you have done great jobs on the business cards, but none have posted any brochures yet. Don't forget the deadline is tonight! As stated in my first post, if it's absolutely necessary, I'll extend the deadline (if you can't finish your design in time and need a few more hours, let me know) but it would be best if everybody could post their entries in time.

raju143: don't worry, I won't be choosing the winner until the deadline.

DearaDesigns: looking at your design more carefully, it's good, I like it, but it's a little heavy on the colors. You think there is any way of keeping this concept but making it a little lighter (like lowering the opacity of the background yet keeping the logo unchanged, I'm not sure this would work, maybe you think of something better)... In other words, you asked if I like this kind of design or prefer something more professional/serious, I like the way the the logo integrated with the card and the "fun" look of the card. You think there is any way of making it just a bit more "professional" without loosing those qualities? I'm not sure my request is possible, anyways...

malditah: thanks for your entry. Feedback:
    * The design is nice but is too "heavy" overall, specially the background and also too many colors
    * The different animals as bullets (before each of the services) was a creative idea, however all of those services are for dogs, so it may confuse some people
    * Maybe the web site and the e-mail could be side by side, also the phone numbers could be side be side, that would reduce the white text to 3 lines, maybe it would look better

ing_pacz: thanks for your entry. Feedback:
    * Nice design overall, looks professional and clean yet a bit fun, not overly serious
    * Maybe enlarge the logo a bit
    * Please remove the text on parenthesis (hotel for dogs with...)
    * The phone number (48) 3369... is our land line, so it should not be associated with my name so it won't be confused with my personal phone number or cell phone (wich I'm not including in this card)
    * You can leave the name of just one of the owners, it looks better (sorry about this, I have asked otherwise before)

prajnaseeker, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  15. biruhato

biruhato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    brochure :
    [​IMG]

biruhato, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  16. raju143

raju143 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my entry feedback welcome
    business card sample1:
    [​IMG]
    business card sample2:
    [​IMG]
    brochure in 2 folds:
    brochure in 2 top sides:
    [​IMG]
    brochure in 2 in sides:
    [​IMG]

raju143, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  17. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Uptades about the brochure (important):
    The contest post says:
    -> Seeing biruhatos entry, I realize there is too much text and there is no need to repeat the list of services offered. So, please remove the initial service listing that says:
    * Hotel para cães com recreação, playground e piscina (hotel for dogs with recreeation, playground and swimming pool)
    * Pet Shop e Agropecuária (store selling products for pets and farm animals)
    * Banho e Tosa (pet grooming)
    * Consultório Veterinário (veterinary)
    * Terapias (therapies, such as shiatsu, reiki, etc)
    * Educação Canina (canine education)
    * Taxi Dog (taxi for dogs)
    and leave only the second service listing, the one with the descriptions of each service. Another alternative is, instead of removing it, putting it on the "front cover" os the brochure so it doesn't occupy space on the "inside part".

->It's very important that we have place for 6-8 pictures: 4-6 pics for the hotel item and 2 pics for the pet shop item. These pictures are 2:3 proportion (eg 2x3cm or 3x2,5cm and so on). These pictures are essential, they're the most important thing in the brochure.

->The brochure must be folded, we better go with the the 21x29,7cm size with 2 folds since there is a lot of content. I just found out that brochures with 2 folds are, for some odd reason, called "tri-fold". Here are some examples of the format of brochure I need (ignore the designs, these are only examples of the way they are folded:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

biruhato:
    * I like the overall look, it's very nice
    * The paws behind each item are nice
    * You left out the item "Pet Shop e Agropecuária"
    * Your design is not "foldable", it's more like a poster that can be hung on a wall. I need a brochure that becomes smaller when folded so it can be easly handed to people and stored in a purse, pocket, etc.
    I suggest you change the orientation from "portrait" to "landscape" (flip it 90º), rearrange the text in 3 columns, so it can be folded and find some space for the pictures
    * There is space for only one picture, we need 6 to 8 pictures

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  18. bhoduarts

bhoduarts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

BHODU

bhoduarts, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  19. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    raju143: thanks for your entry. Feedback:
    business cards:
    * The "rounded" background is nice
    * The colors don't match the logo colors in neither of the cards, also you have tweaked the colors of the logo, the logo is not to be changed
    * The address etc would probably look better in the bottom of the card
    * The lines of services offered are too close together, the text looks cluttered
    * There is room for improvement in the overal layout of the text (fonts used, spacing, etc)
    brochure:
    * There is no well defined "front cover"
    * Needs a lot of improvement on the text: maybe a different font, text is streched in some places, narrowed in other places, the left side has almost no margins, the right one has...
    Again, thanks for your entry, but it's not quite what I'm looking for, sorry. This is meant as conscructive critiscism.

20. prajnaseeker

prajnaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    bhoduarts: thank you for your entry. Feedback:
    * Nice design, very original.
    * Please leave the name of one of the owners only (sorry about that confusion..), also Mariana's name should not be split in 2 lines.
    * It would be nice if the text, specially the 1st item (Hotel...) stayed within a single color of the background instead of the beginning in green bg, middle in orange bg, and ending in white bg. But given the design, maybe that's not possible. Well, if that's not possible, the design looks good anyway...
    * It looks great in 3D, however, could you post it in 2D and with square edges? I can't say if some details are actually the card or are light/shadow/reflex from the 3D.