1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adwords approving Clickbank affiliate

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by musicmann, May 28, 2010.

To make this short.....

I know Adwords has a redirect policy and also a policy where they don't allow sites primarily for promoting vendors, but what about this?

Can I enter my link directly such as: http://www.whateversite.com/?hop=[my.affiliate.id]

Will they allow that? Also, the site has a small window that pops up when you try to exit saying "press OK to exit or cancel to stay on the page". Will they disapprove my campaign for either of these?

Thank you!

musicmann, May 28, 2010 IP
  2. enginez

enginez Peon

Best Answers:
    AdWords has started Google Slapping most Clickbank landing pages - this is probably the style of landing page rather than the fact it is via Clickbank. Don't go there, it's not worth the bother.

The exit pop-up will depend on the Googler that reviews it - I don't think their software picks it up.

Your information about redirects is wrong - as long as it quickly resolves to the same as your Display URL, you can go through a dozen redirects and Google doesn't mind - many legitimate sites use redirects for tracking purposes.

You are correct about landing pages / sites that have a primary purpose of sending you elsewhere (ie all affiliate sites in existence). But they are only enforcing blatant examples

enginez, May 29, 2010 IP
  3. syeshun

syeshun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Slapping started ages ago...

syeshun, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  4. gasura

gasura Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup. Don't go there. Cloaking my affiliate links on my landing pages, direct linking to merchants' websites blah blah.. I've tried all them before. Everything was fine and the sky was blue when my daily budget was $5, but when it became $200 I got banned for no good reasons. Funny how they should ban me when I'm paying them thousands of dollars per month? *Shrugs* Google is a deadend for all clickbank affiliates. Don't go there.

Another bad news is that Yahoo is not even CLOSE to being as good as G. I've tried it and wasted lots of money; terrible results. The path of online marketing is getting narrower and narrower.

gasura, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. do-ma-in

do-ma-in Peon

Best Answers:
    for now redirect still forbidden

do-ma-in, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  6. an52

an52 Peon

Best Answers:
    enginez is right. I don't use AdWords with Clickbank but I do by sending clicks to a merchant. The destination URL is something else but it resolves to the display URL, so Google has no issues with it and neither does adCenter.

an52, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  7. chicky01

chicky01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just fallow the google instruction and work under guidelines.

Other wise Big Bro google will give you a nice Slapp At Back With Result in LOss.

chicky01, Sep 11, 2010 IP