1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official: Google NOW Counts Site Speed As A Ranking Factor

Discussion in 'Google' started by vagrant, Apr 9, 2010.

from searchengineland .com Apr 9, 2010 at 2:00pm
    It’s Official: Google Now Counts Site Speed As A Ranking Factor.
    For the full story see http://searchengineland.com/google-now-counts-site-speed-as-ranking-factor-39708
    So what are you doing to increase your page speed.
    How many have compression turned on for your pages... i turned mine on for my html pages about 6 weeks ago and it halved my bandwidth so must make a difference.

vagrant, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to believe but since this is an official one...needless to say. I would saying this ranking factor does make sense to be added. However, there are many webmasters that not a geek for this technical matter. Some of them do not even know the true meaning of "Hosting Uptime" . If their site has to be suffered in ranking because of loading speed then it would be a nightmare. There are couple of questions pop up in my mind

1. What is an optimum loading time for Google? Is that to be exact or restricted? If not, then the ranking would go down for a bottom immediately?
    2. Is this a plan to force people transfer their websites to Google whenever they comes into Web Hosting business in the future? T-Mobile just announced about tapping in web hosting business recently so why not Google?

Anyway, I think this could be a huge impact for many newbie webmasters and web hosting industry in a soon.

Sxperm, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  3. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don`t think it will make a huge different...
    But it won`t be any problem to me..I always make my blogs load under 3 seconds

digital29, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  4. MervinKoops

MervinKoops Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree, I doubt it'll be a major factor so unless your site is really REALLY slow, I don't think anybody will have any problems.

MervinKoops, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  5. instantpage

instantpage Peon

Best Answers:
    to be honest, I quite like the idea and would even welcome if the impact would be bigger than it sounds here. It's not as bad as in recent years, but there are still lots of slow pages around and that doesn't help anyone.

instantpage, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  6. Kotesh

Kotesh Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it'll be that much of a big impact on sites. Truthfully IMO I don't really see why they'd do that, I thought Google's goal was to have their highest ranked results on a search term to be most relevant to what the searcher is looking for, not to how fast the site loads. Personally, so far when I search on Google, I haven't come across any sites on the first page that have a real page loading problem...

But it just might be me.

Kotesh, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  7. stephenc

stephenc Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to read the fine print on the official google blog:
    Relevance matters. When people realize this, all else is secondary.

Stephen C

stephenc, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  8. lakelandprinting

lakelandprinting Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I get what they're doing. Those spammy websites that are crammed on 1 server and take eons to load. I think it's a great idea

lakelandprinting, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  9. andyken

andyken Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great news.

If the first listed site on Google was take millions of years to load who would want to wait for that. I personally close sites that takes more than 10 seconds to load.

Site's speed is also for visitors convenience and Google always wants the best for its users.

andyken, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  10. ldmstudio

ldmstudio Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope my sites are fast. :))

ldmstudio, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  11. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad I am on Hostgator. My Blog loads fast even though it has a lot of images ;)

SOULZRIPPER, Apr 10, 2010 IP