1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moneybookers Bank Verification

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by bhagwad, Feb 23, 2010.

I withdrew $14 into my ICICI Bank account from Moneybookers but didn't receive the verification code (VRF CODE XXXXXX). I've called ICICI several times and asked them to read out every single field. I got 4 or 5 other numbers, but no verification code. I already verified my address and debit card though.

I know that sooner or later Moneybookers will ask me to verify my bank account, so I called them and asked them to do it manually. I sent them a copy of my bank statement showing:

1. Account Number
    2. Name and
    3. Transaction amount with description and date

However, they then mailed me saying that they also wanted the bank statement to show "Moneybookers" as the sender. This information field isn't available on the online banking statement. I called ICICI and they told me they can't see this information either, and that there's no way I can get a statement showing "Moneybookers" as the sender of the funds.

So I'm stuck! Moneybookers won't accept my bank statement since it doesn't show them as the sender of funds and I don't have any VRF CODE either. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I sent Moneybookers and you can see that this information isn't available.

Anyone have any ideas about what to do now? I'm going to try calling Moneybookers yet again but they may not believe me :D

Attached Files:

bhagwad, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think they give any verification code for withdrawals. That would work only for uploading funds. You need to add your credit/debit card to get it verified.

Also do you mind sharing the SWIFT Code you used for withdrawing the funds to your ICICI account?

krishmk, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    I've already verified my debit card - and my address. As for the bank verification code, they give it for your first withdrawal. Here is the mail from Moneybookers:

"You can verify your bank account with your first withdrawal, as a verification code should have been sent with the information for the payment to your bank.

Please, note that the bank account verification code is represented by 6 alphanumeric characters (digits and letters) preceded by the abbreviation "VRF CODE". You should see that information in the filed "reference" for the transaction you have received from Moneybookers - in your paper statement in the end of the month, or your bank representative should be able to give you this information about your payment."

But as I said, no VRF CODE and no "Sender" field in the bank statement either.

And here is the SWIFT code I used: ICICINBBNRI

bhagwad, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. krishmk

Best Answers:
    oh thats pathetic. They have already verified your address and debit card.
    A successful credit has been made to your bank account. I dont understand why they want to verify your bank account further. Anyway funds can be credited only if they match the same name. Not sure about the consequences if you dont verify it..

And thanks for the SWIFT Code.

krishmk, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. hankyjohn

hankyjohn Member

Best Answers:
    i am also facing same problem and i need to get bank account verified for large funds

hankyjohn, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. webmarketexpert

webmarketexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    All the payment processors really creating problem for the indians. I think we should wait and watch for the paypal. I have more than 400 USD in MB i dont know how to withdraw now.

webmarketexpert, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  7. dani4800

dani4800 Peon

Best Answers:
    I withdrawn funds from Moneybookers 3-4 times recently ( its new account only ) they never asked for any verification code or anything yet.

dani4800, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  8. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    They haven't asked me for it either. But I want to get my bank account verified beforehand. I don't want them to freeze my account later on and ask me for a verification code which I may not receive.

bhagwad, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  9. ToP_Designer

ToP_Designer Peon

Best Answers:
    i am new to Moneybookers and i didnot know that we could withdraw funds to indian bank....

Is the procedure same as to paypal.....

T_D

ToP_Designer, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  10. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much - they wire it instead of using NEFT, give fantastic exchange rates and ICICI charges only Rs. 25 for an incoming transfer. Withdrawal charge from Monetbookers is 1.73 Euros...

bhagwad, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  11. krishmk

Best Answers:
    OK I just learnt that if you verify your Bank account it would increase the outgoing transaction limit. Login to your moneybookers account. Select "View Limit" >> NAME VERIFICATION METHODS - you can find the increase limit amount if you verify your bank account.

I dont think non-verifying the bank account will effect your withdrawal limit. You really need to worry only in case if you need to send more money than your existing limit to others (outgoing transaction).

krishmk, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  12. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    Regardless of what they say, there are lots of people (even on these forums) with high withdrawal limits whose accounts have been stalled by Moneybookers because their bank accounts haven't been verified. Sometimes it happens on just the second or third withdrawal...

bhagwad, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  13. 99d7737

99d7737 Active Member

Best Answers:
    MB support is pathetic, they asked me for my verification documents and i sent it 10 days back, just yesterday i received their reply asking for more documents and a clarification for what the account is being used.
    I replied them with the documents instantly, and i think they will take another 10 days to reply for this.

99d7737, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  14. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask for a copy of the swift transaction from your bank. Its basically a sheet of paper that outlines the route the money took on its way to your account. You may have to pay a fee to your bank to get a copy of it. You can then send that to moneybookers and perhaps they'll be happy with it.

abdussamad, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  15. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm off to the bank today to do just that :) . Will let you guys know how it goes...

bhagwad, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  16. bhagwad

bhagwad Peon

Best Answers:
    Went to ICICI today and got a print out of the entire SWIFT transaction. Scanned and sent it to them.

I've attached the scanned image below for those who want to know what something like this looks like.

Let's see what the situation is when they respond now.

Attached Files:

bhagwad, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  17. cursed

cursed Member

Best Answers:
    well, what did they say? @Bhagwad

cursed, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  18. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think his problem has been solved now :D

B.Williams, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  19. Syed Hosting

Syed Hosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hope for the best for this mate

Syed Hosting, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  20. Nauman Zubair

Nauman Zubair Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please please tell me if any one have this inforamation. I am facing same problem discussed in this thread. Please guide me what todo?

Nauman Zubair, Jan 30, 2013 IP