1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When two clients want to compete for the same keywords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by londoninternet, Jan 17, 2010.

Hi,

I need a little advice and I am hoping this forum can help.

Basically, I have client that is, for business reasons, splitting itself in two. Both new entities have agreed to run the adwords campaign through me AND through the same, existing site. However, they wish to be billed separately by Google for their spend and I will control the campaigns that I control through My Client Centre.

I am thinking that the best way to manage this is to run two separate campaigns with the adverts at different scheduled times to avoid increasing the CPC through bidding against each other. However, effectively I will be running two Clients with two separate campaigns both bidding on the same keywords, with similar adverts running to the same site.

Will this be a problem? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for any advice.

londoninternet, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  2. segzeey

segzeey Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the business has splitted into two and they are now different entity I don't see reasons why they can't bid against each other. Let them bid against each other they are now separated. Unless they both agree not to, but that will mean they still seek each other's opinion which mean's they aren't separated.

segzeey, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  3. londoninternet

londoninternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, I take you point. I would like, however, to make sure that:

a) I don't cost the clients too much by bidding against each other
    b) Ensure I am not going to be doing something that Google disapproves of - I don't think I am - but has anyone got experience of doing this?

londoninternet, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  4. Bannaz

Bannaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google will mind at all - they are getting double the amount. :)

Bannaz, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  5. londoninternet

londoninternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes - I kind of figure that to be the case - but don't want a successful campaign to go belly up because of this.

londoninternet, Jan 18, 2010 IP