1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think that Yahoo needs our help!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by starke, Oct 22, 2006.

Just did a search for a keyword of a new site that I'm working on, and the first 4 results were Yahoo sponsors. They are starting to look really spammy!

Anyway, was pretty suprised, but I guess that you have to earn a buck one way or another.

Maybe if we all help out, and do a few searches a day on Yahoo, and click on some of their ads, we can help them out. Maybe this will give them a little boost that they are looking for.

starke, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  2. justtupeu

justtupeu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe.. lol. Yea, they surely need our help :)

justtupeu, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. TopDraw

TopDraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo seems to be goin downhill, but we need to keep them alive as a counterbalance to Google...

Google may one day compete with everyone for anything to do with the internet, be it sites or hosting or domains...

Too much power is dangerous for everyone, even to themselves...

TopDraw, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WIth the lates update they do look better but still lots of spam in the results. They also seem to not use the Meta Description anymore. Anyone else notice this?

Web Gazelle, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:

are you owner of the yahoo?:D

yes i'm sure yahoo needs our help . the help must be not using their services:(

trichnosis, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  6. starke

starke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting point Web Gazelle... haven't noticed, but will keep a closer eye on there results to see...

I use their email platform which has been nicely upgraded (finally). And with the upgrade they now switch ads with far greater frequency. Good for them they make greater revenue. Not that I think that there is anything wrong with this, just noticed because as a web person, I look for the revenue streams.

Funny, was watching a stock show this past Thursday, and they really canned Yahoo. Also their stock price is really down over the past few months.

But, with there search results, the page was overrun with advertising... thought that it was just a little overbearing... like "We need you to really click the advertisers... please..."

Far contrast from what the new launch of LIVE was like.

starke, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  7. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No realized this before but, how frustrating it is to see the top 4 results are sponsers. :mad: They are slowly ignoring the efforts by webmasters!

maldives, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  8. Hypnotique

Hypnotique Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo need our help? Hmm...I don't think so they are a big enough company as it is. We do need to keep them as a counterbalance to Google as stated above. I like the email version as well and use it daily alongside of my other email addresses. Yahoo will figure it out eventually, the question is when.

Hypnotique, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  9. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is looking real spammy and desperate in a lot of things.

I've been keeping a close eye on their new "the nine" and the results are almost always yahoo sites or one's they have relationships with.

oseymour, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  10. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    lets all click on yahoo ads, we can make a difference against big google. errr, no we couldnt.

Blanket, Oct 25, 2006 IP