1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google showing map location in sponsoring listings now?

Discussion in 'Google' started by agtile, Nov 20, 2009.

I may have missed it but just noticed that sponsored listings show google maps location, anybody have seen it before?

[​IMG]

agtile, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  2. converted

converted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is launching a new local ad platform that includes paid map listings in addition to a remaining handful of organic map rankings. Currently, Google is testing this new product interface in San Diego and San Francisco. It's a flat rate, non PPC program but it will occupy the space below the PPC links at times and at other times be on top. Either way, it's the new blue spiked listings that you see for geo targeted searches in San Diego and San Francisco.

converted, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's something I noticed, but was not aware of any cost, since I don't use it. Might be hard to just until time passes. But my guess is that it could make the page look too cluttered. Maybe they should limit those to just a few and ask for bids on them.

mdvaden, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  4. converted

converted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good observation. So far, Google is saying that it will charge a flat rate for these paid map listings. Also, they are testing many new page layouts to promote the paid local listing product.

converted, Dec 8, 2009 IP