1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Google "Jump to" SERP description links!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Philllip, Sep 28, 2009.

Wondered if any one else had notice these new links inside the actual descriptions of search engine results.

It appears that these links are generated as a result of "named anchor" links with in page contents!

I found a post here, Google Jump To Links, but other than that there not really much information on the new feature at the moment.

I think its another prime example of why your page should user friendly! and not just robot friendly.

Your thoughts?

Philllip, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    ys its help if we have internal hyperlink had keyword and alt tag in it.

newlogo, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  3. newwebseo

newwebseo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have also seen this topic been talked about in some other places but didn't find much detailed information about it. It certainly looks good if there is a link to other relevant section in the description part in Google search results.

newwebseo, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  4. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    It helps to get noticed on the SERPs but it's algortihmic, you can't control it yourself. you can create the answers on your pages but Google wille decide if they want to show them or not. I think it only works for very long pages.

Luc, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    If I'm right the first image in the article is what called 'one line sitelink'.

WishBone, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    It works for pages composed of several sections, marked up with named anchors. The links appear not for any always, but for those queries these are deemed to be appropriate.

Earnest01, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. Singhvineet

Singhvineet Peon

Best Answers:
    When searched offshore services india on google.co.in i found a Jump to
    link to http://www.abc.com/#link11

Looking at the source code from where the Google is picking this link if found this:

<td width="16%"><center>
    <a href="#" name="link11" class="weblinks" TITLE="Web design company india, Web designers india, flash designers india, offshore outsource company india" id="link10" onMouseOver="MM_showMenu(window.mm_menu_1027233259_0,-7,16,null,'link11')" onMouseOut="MM_startTimeout();">Offshore
    Services</a></center></td>

Similarly when searched what is lvr on Google.com.au, Google is showing Jump to link to http://www.abs.com/common/calculators/homeloanfee/faqau.asp#1question10

Source code shows this:

<td><a href="#1question10" class="arrowlist1">What is LVR and what does it mean?</a>
    </td>

What is common between the two is href="#"

Thus, Google is showing Jump to links from those that Google thinks let visitors move within your site or within the same web page and have the searched keywords as a hyperlink on your web page.

Thats my finding.

Please suggest if it is right or wrong!!!!

Singhvineet, Oct 22, 2009 IP