1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how much should i charge for making a site pr6

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jesicamaiden, Sep 10, 2009.

Hello guys,

one of my client have a website. he wants me to make his site pr6. well i can do that. But how much should i quote. Client is from us. Please let me know the range so that i can decide. He is not interested in ranking. he only want pr.

time frame 3 months to 6 months. Depend can also take 1 year. As googe changes algo now and then.

jesicamaiden, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    You should tell him that pr doesnt bring clients...only traffic does....he should forget the stupid pr and rely on traffic...
    Also tell him if eventually he gets pr6...it may go to pr0 at any moment :p

I really think there should be a law forbidding single companies to rate all the others according to a table of importance or so whatever...mostly google is saying they decide if their competitors suck or not...and that they are the supreme authority on web and that everyone else depends on them...for me thats called illegal competition...and there's jail for that...

clades, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. jesicamaiden

jesicamaiden Active Member

Best Answers:
    please answer to the point.

4. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Active Member

Best Answers:
    clades is just saying what YOU should say to your client. Lead him to the right way instead of keep feeding his ignorance.

Thoughtless, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. jesicamaiden

jesicamaiden Active Member

Best Answers:
    He knows everything, I have asked him about ranking and traffic. But he is only interested in pr.

6. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to be rude, but if you do in fact have the skills to get his site to a pr6 then you really shouldn't even asking us how much to charge. From the sound of it I don't think you have ever done this before, other wise you would already know what to do. Sorry.

banless, Sep 10, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the first question is: have ever done it before ? can you make a website pr6, it is extremely hard nowadays to achieve a pr6.. i have done it a few times but that was in 2007 when a pr6 was more like the pr5 of today..

second, why would he want to make a a website pr6 ? at the time when i made a few sites pr6, my purpose was selling links, if you want to achieve rankings, you just need relevant links regardless of pr. you need to talk with your client and figure out why he thinks he need pr.. he is probably think that a higher pr means higher rankings which is wrong.

funkymario, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  8. Delicious Webdesign

Delicious Webdesign Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with funkymario, getting any site to pr6 is no easy task.

Delicious Webdesign, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  9. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess that nobody can sell PR because, in first place, nobody can really get as much PR as he wants without ivestig a lot of money, and in second place, because it can fly away very soon.

cormack2009, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck getting that web page to PR6 in this era of nofollow links.

Jim4767, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  11. kambing

kambing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Charge for 2000 - 3000 USD

First ask upfront payment for it - USD 1000...
    Than after all jobs completed, ask USD 1000 - 2000

kambing, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  12. rliddle

rliddle Peon

Best Answers:
    Difficult task to say the least. I would put a factor based on where they are to where they get to. some multiplier like $1500.00 per 1 number jump, then x .33 each time for the next number, as it gets progressively harder.

Starting at 2? 2 - 3 $1500.00
    3 - 4 another 1500 x 1.33 = 1995
    4 - 5 1995 x 1.33 = 2653
    and so on. gets progressively harder as you go up. I have heard, it is 8 times harder to be PR 4 than 3 and that multiplier carries on.

Just a thougth.

rliddle, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  13. johnsmith14

johnsmith14 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you concentrate more on link building for the 300 pages you will get more than 1000 unique visitors per day.

johnsmith14, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  14. meri0098

meri0098 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not an easy task to get 6 PR in just 6 to 8 months No body can't do that (Except Social Media Websites), It will takes minimum 1 to 2 years to get 6 PR, only if you can get Good PR backlinks links for that website, otherwise its very very difficult task. I have done SEO on more than 100 websites till now but got 6 PR only for 3 websites.

For Pricing I will suggest, you should charge him on monthly bases from $ 800 to 1500 USD Because it will require strong link building resource, and these days its becoming very very tough job to get good Quality links.

meri0098, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  15. aka_le_Mulder

aka_le_Mulder Member

Best Answers:
    And what is the salary of a common SEO? How much do You get?

aka_le_Mulder, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  16. bparashar

bparashar Peon

Best Answers:
    PR6.......sounds so good but tough to achieve depending upon the the strategies......... even applying perfectly right method, will may take enough long time to get as high PR as 6.........

bparashar, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  17. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you could charge him and I for myself would never pay for having someone doing work for my site to get a higher PR, only for more traffic that increases my chance on getting more sales I might pay someone.
    Anyway, if I was you then I for sure would add a very important statement in the contract. Make sure that per contract statement you will let him know the PR6 can change back to a way lower PR within a short matter of time and can not be guaranteed to last for a certain time frame. I don't know what his goal is and why he is so set on a PR6 but he obviously is not aware of how quickly a present PR can change due to Google making some changes again.
    Just my 2 cents
    verdecove

verdecove, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  18. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Jim, I can see I'm not alone with this problem. Wondering if the era of "nofollow" ever will end again. Have seen a few new blogs coming up with dofollow or keywordluv plugin but they are all so new that you can't tell yet if they still will be present in 3 months.
    Good Luck for you
    verdecove

verdecove, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  19. apeee

apeee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the question is really stupid.. Just my opinion..

apeee, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  20. needdollar

needdollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's hard to do...

needdollar, Apr 6, 2010 IP