1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranked #1 on msn for month, now I've fallen to 30. Help!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by JapaneseCupid, Aug 20, 2006.

Does anybody know why or how I could have fallen in my rankings on msn. I use to rank top 3 for the following keywords:

Japanese Singles
    Japanese Cupid
    Japanese Dating
    Japanese Matchmaking

For some strange reason my rnakings have dropped, I have a site description located about a half a page down, do you think this is giving me a penalty.

JapaneseCupid, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  2. gotalkmoney

gotalkmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    The same thing happened with one my sites. I was ranked #1 for a long time and it suddenly fell. Just give it some time, it happened in the past and it eventually went back up to the number 1 spot.

gotalkmoney, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Same happened for one of mine as well.

I was actually 5th on msn, then dropped to 75th, and a few weeks later backup to #2.

an0n, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at your japanese singles site; I notice all that spammy crap at the bottom of the page. Your keyword density is way too high, that's a big reason why you're down in the rankings.

nextgen66, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    no, he's just had his turn at the top. it's like that with msn.

alexisthemovie, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  6. nextgen66

Best Answers:
    Hey if you want to believe its just karma when in fact he's being penalized by the spam filter, go ahead.

nextgen66, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  7. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    it's not karma, i don't think his sites are spammy at all. it's offering a service.

i have had perfectly legit sites fall deeply in the rankings for no apparent reason. then it shoots back up after a few days.

alexisthemovie, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  8. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Wait for a period of 45-60 Days and you will get back up in the rankings.

Sometimes this happens out of no reason, also clear up all the keyword density to rank well in other search engines as well, either remove the over crowdedness of the keywords OR stretch them out far more than how they are right now

IT

Correctus, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MSN probably had an Algo update

infonote, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  10. nextgen66

Best Answers:
    LOL you really think this isn't spammy ? :p

----------------------------------------

Japanese Cupid is a Japanese personals website for Japanese singles who are interested in meeting other singles using our online Japanese dating service.
    Meet your Match or Love on Japanese Cupid, The best Online Japanese Dating Service! Where Japanese Singles can Mingle, Meet, or fall in Love using or matchmaking software and personals.

Japanese Cupid is a leader in dating and online personals. We provide singles a unique perspective to dating as well as a state of the art online dating service.

Japanese Singles from all over the world will love our elaborate Japanese Matchmaking software which makes it easy to meet singles everywhere. We at JapaneseCupid provide an environment where single men or single women will love our personals and have an unforgettable dating experience.

Users love our Japanese Personals! Users have the ability to quickly find other singles by searching through our personals and by utilizing our advanced search techniques.

Japanese Dating is made easy for members of JapaneseCupid. Members of our singles website can search through our personals and be able to meet other singles for romance, love, long term relationships, short term relationships, casual dating, pen pals, friends, and even marriage.

Best of all is that it is completely free to enroll as a member of our online dating community; JapaneseCupid.com. Our personals are perfect for anyone looking for single Japanese women or single Japanese men in search of love or an unforgettable online dating experience.

Users all agree that they love JapaneseCupid and its excellent matchmaking software. You will find that you’ll also love our Japanese Dating Service and its ability to connect singles everywhere."

nextgen66, Aug 21, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  11. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    That is so not the case with MSN. My site also dropped heavily (I was on number 8 ) and I was pushed way down the line but some sites retained their position and they are still there. MSN is a great search engine, I think the conversion ration of MSN is far better than Yahoo. I know how it feels like to be dropped right out of the top positions! :s

I am trying to concentrate on getting more links and updating my site.... "daily". Will share the case study as soon as I see any major improvement.

Zeeshan

zee, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  12. chimaera

chimaera Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN is just a screwed up SE. My site is consintently in the top 11 on Google and Yahoo (big difference between 10th and 11th, but it's there) - yet goes from 3rd to 50th on MSN week by week. I really don't understand it! Relying on MSN for your traffic is a risky business.

[edit]Just checked - last week I had dropped from 7th to about 40th - now back to 10th. Nuts.

chimaera, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  13. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you guys working at fresh links to the site? I haven't noticed any changes in my MSN serps. But then, my sites are not spammy or MFA hehe. But really, how fresh are your links and how often are your site updated?

It's really easy to rank in MSN so even newer sites can kick you out in no time. They probably did a lot more SEO (or spamming..who knows) and kicked you out. Work on more links..you should be up again...that's just MSN (see why it sucks? :p)

AnaB, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  14. JapaneseCupid

JapaneseCupid Member

Best Answers:
    What should the keyword density and keyword count be

JapaneseCupid, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  15. nextgen66

Best Answers:
    sending you a pm

nextgen66, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  16. chimaera

chimaera Peon

Best Answers:
    AnaB, that's exactly why MSN sucks. I see so many sites right at the top when they open, presumably because it's 'fresh' content or whatever. But SEs shouldn't work like that (and Google and Yahoo certainly don't - positions in these remain fairly steady).

chimaera, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  17. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Your keyword densities are fine. Even a tad low in my opinion. My tool shows that Japanesse Dating is at 1.2%. With 3.4% in H1/H2/H3 tags and 8.7% in bold text. Add a couple occurences of that term not in bold to bring your overal density up and the bold down a bit. IMO

Try and add it a couple times in the uper section of your page.

Your other terms are of course at lower densities.

3 to 5% is optimum and don't go any higher than 7%. These densities work well for Yahoo and Goog (especially Yahoo). I dont know about densities and MSN. I dont concern myself with it. Most my sites end up hitting top rankings in MSN after a fresh round of link building but it does not last. You peobably need to sustain and agressive link building program to maintain ranking in MSN.

MSN traffic is so low it is really incidental till I see results in Yahoo and later on in Google.

axemedia, Aug 26, 2006 IP