1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

problems loading the cj.com dashboard!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Pixelrage, Mar 14, 2009.

For the past few days, I've been unable to correctly load up CJ.com after signing in - I get a text only page, and none of the submit buttons are working. I get this problem both at work and at home, on Firefox & IE....is anyone else experiencing this??

Pixelrage, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry mark around this time everymonth CJ hiccups and few of us will experience this joy this new old fashioned way of viewing CJ.....
    lol

jodyq, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Something is really wrong here, I STILL can't get into CJ.com...when I log in, I still see a text only page. None of the submit buttons are working, none of the links do anything when clicked, etc.

I wrote their support team by Googling CJ's customer support email address (since I am no longer able to even click the "help" link on their site!!). I explained my situation in detail. The idiot who handled my support ticket sent me a generic response about how to create a new account with CJ.

Honestly, if this problem doesn't get fixed, I'm screwed...I dont know what to do, and their customer support seems to not give a god damn.

Pixelrage, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  4. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you running any sort of ad-blocking or internet security software? These could be blocking one of CJ's domains. Try disabling any ad block or security software that you have installed, and see if that fixes it.

tvmatt, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  5. da6101

da6101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Change to Mozilla.

da6101, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using Mozilla, having the same problems. The CJ home page works fine, but when I log in, it's a big mess. There are no ad blocking, anti-spyware or firewall settings that have done this, I've disabled them all at work and home. It's almost it's just my account that has had something happen to it. I have 2 TOS changes that I have to accept and I'm afraid that those advertisers are going to be dropping me soon, since I haven't accepted the changes in about 5 days now :(

Pixelrage, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  7. igaryok1

igaryok1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The page displays just fine for me, but it's been painfully slow. And by slow I mean, it takes like 10 minutes to load a page, and this is on T1.

igaryok1, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    here's what I'm seeing:

[​IMG]

this is strange, I just opened it in Google Chrome and it loads fine in there...it's just IE and Firefox that refuses to load the page...

9. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like your CSS isn't loading. Can you access these CSS files directly?

https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/styles/global2.css
    https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/styles/guido.css

The CSS is hosted on the same domain as the rest of the members area, so there shouldn't be a problem.

In Firefox, go to View, Page Style, and select "No Style". Then, select "Basic Page Style" again. Does that do anything for you?

tvmatt, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  10. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    tvmatt: when I click those links, it takes me to the CJ login form (if I'm logged in OR out).

As for the page style option, it didn't do anything beyond reformat the center column a little. This is really bizarre.

11. matrixx

matrixx Guest

Best Answers:
    Same problem here. Are you outside of the United States by any chance?

matrixx, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  12. xplicit702

xplicit702 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone figured this out? I am having the same issues.

xplicit702, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    nope, in the US...

I STILL have this problem. I just accepted that it is not going away, and I have to use Google Chrome if i want to get into my CJ account. I put in a support ticket and CJ replied with a generic response, so I wrote back and told them that I want them to actually READ my email before sending me another generic response. That was over a week ago, and the a-holes never bothered to respond. Their customer support SUCKS. Shame on them.

Pixelrage, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  14. donny meddly

donny meddly Peon

Best Answers:
    thats pretty messed up, just use firefox

donny meddly, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  15. kaleigh

kaleigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been having this problem for months! It's really screwing me up, I guess I'll have to try downloading Chrome as IE and firefox are both showing what you posted above.

kaleigh, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  16. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's NOT anyone's computer, it's CJ. Commission Junction SUCKS!

http://reviewsofcompanies.com/2008/06/06/comission-junction/

I complained to them about this over a year ago or so & the guy was a rude arrogant blank who told me I should ONLY use IE. These companies that force us to use IE b/c they can't be bothered to learn how to actually create a website properly kills me.

Commission Junction makes TONS of money & they expect us affiliates to bow down to them.

I don't think the companies have this issue, b/c every time I tell a company I hate CJ & ask, don't they have another affiliate program in place, they don't even realize how bad CJ is, although a few people have told me that other affiliates have also complained about CJ as well.

If the companies were having problems logging in to see their backend, you can bet they would drop CJ in a heart beat.

This isn't just about their code, I have been an affiliate on their site for years although I never used CJ b/c of how TERRIBLE their UI was, & I remember even years ago that in order to get to certain areas in the membership area you had to log in several times. Commission Junction would make you chase your tail just to get to a place that should have taken 1-2 clicks.

Their site's code & UI clearly hasn't been changed for probably 5+ years & they don't care, b/c if they did, they would have changed it by now since as I see it, I'm not the only person having problems.

What irks me, is that a lot of these companies who make millions of dollars don't give a blank about their customers, all they care about is making money.

I'm all for making money, but I'm equally ALL for customer service & quality.

Their sites are the worst out of all the sites online & Commission Junction is just a prime example of this.

End of vent.

My assistant found this thread for me b/c I have to keep getting him to login to my acct. for me just to make changes, apply to companies, etc. <sigh> & I'm getting sick of it.

Thanks for listening & yes I'm in Canada, but that shouldn't make a difference as clearly Mark is in the US & having problems.

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  17. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    OMG, they are just nuts over there.

They don't even know what CSS is.

I put in a ticket twice now & look what I get back...

"Hi Michelle,

I am not sure what you are referring to. We do not offer CSS? Please explain in detail and provide examples.

Best,
    Ashley"

Your damm right they don't offer CSS LOL She doesn't even know what it is.

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  18. lopes

lopes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where did they find this Michelle?? :D
    PS: What I don't like about CJ is that it's damn slow to load...

lopes, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  19. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    That's b/c their coders aren't really coders. If a website coder or programmer doesn't know what they are doing, the site will load like a turtle.

From what I gather (I could be wrong b/c I don't follow CJ since I hate their site, so I barely go in there), they have never changed their code.

How much you want to bet it's the same code they have had for the last 10+ years?

Their website coders probably don't know the first thing about W3C, & their programmers probably write bloated code.

Turns out the reason they didn't know what I was talking about, was b/c the embedded screenshots I sent them (twice now) got deleted by their e-mail client, or whatever they use to track tickets.

Again that's proof that they don't know what they are doing. Thunderbird allows for embedded SSs thank god, long gone are the days of having to paste into paint & save tons of jpg files on your computer.

I told the girl on the phone to tell the tech dept. to turn that setting off, but clearly she didn't communicate that to them, or they didn't listen, b/c that Ashley had no clue what CSS was.

I don't know, if it was me, based on what I wrote, I probably still would have known what CSS the client was referring to.

Michelle
    P.S. That was from a ticket that has gone back & forth between CJ & me trying to get them to fix their bloody site so I can use a normal browser.

exoticpublishing, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  20. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Looks like get a freelancer FINALLY changed their site. It's been how many years?

Too bad I never find quality workers on there.

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Nov 5, 2009 IP