1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is PR Juice??

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by bradchawla, Mar 7, 2009.

Hi can anbody plz tell me what is PR Juice....and give me the proper information about Pr Juice..

bradchawla, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR Juice is the abbreviation and term used for Pagerank juice often referred to as link juice too.

What people mean when they mention pagerank juice or link juice is the strength of the links targeting a specific page and the external links that are shown on that page and the link strength which is passed to these external sites, this being the link juice or PR juice.

I hope you understood this.

If you want more information on SEO and Keyword Research then I recommend you download my own personal E Books.

You can download them here
    Internet Marketing Ebooks

willyboy104, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. abi12

abi12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Ranking (PR) juice is better known as Link juice. This term partakes to the effectiveness of web content in passing through the information of a web page to other through links.
    For example website A has an outbound link to website B. In this case website A has lost its link juice to website B.

abi12, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest reading http://infolab.stanford.edu/pub/papers/google.pdf and paying special attention to Section 2. This was Sergey Brin and Larry Page's blueprint for what was to become Google, and a description of what Page Rank is/would become.

Also, read http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...50&s1=6285999.PN.&OS=PN/6285999&RS=PN/6285999 which is their patent describing Page Rank.

There are 2 types of 'Page Rank'....

The one that is most commonly referred to is the one you can see in the Google Toobar (TBPR). This is the little hopefully green (or gray) bar - a 1 to 10 scaling based on what the page's 'real' Page Rank was sometime in the not so distant past (typically no more than 3-4 months ago). Google updates the TBPR about every 3-4 months... Note: by the time they issue the update, it is already out of date usually by a couple weeks or so.

There is also the 'real' Page Rank for a page. This Page Rank is actually what is used by the ranking algorithm. It is updated constantly as Google crawls the web discovering new links to your page and old links which have been dropped. It is said that the 'real' Page Rank is based on some logrithmic scale. It is a snapshot of the 'real' page rank that is scaled into and shows as the TBPR.

So, for example, if 'real' Page Rank were a based on a base 5 type logrithmic scale the Toolbar Page Rank might be calculated as follows:

Real Page Rank | TBPR
    1-5-----------------1
    6-25----------------2
    26-125--------------3
    126-625-------------4
    626-3125------------5
    etc. up to-----------10

As you can see it gets exponentially harder to get to the next TBPR.

3 or 4 times per year Google maps all of the 'real' PRs for every URL in their index to an equivalent 1-10 TBPR, and issues an update. As I mentioned by the time the TBPR is issued it's already out of date since it's likely already weeks old.

Canonical, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Juice, also known as PR Juice, is termed as the importance that gets distributed through one page to another when it links to the other.

mrandrei, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR juice helps to improve your PR.
    Once you have dofollow backlink, your site will gain PR juice, the more PR juice you get, the higher PR you gain.
    Of course, the higher PR site will provide more PR juice

lifeplayer, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  7. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

PR is not a "site" metric. Search engines don't index sites... or even web pages... they index individual URLs. Eacy URL in their index has a certain PR value.

A link from a URL with a higher PR does not ALWAYS pass more PR to the target URL than a link from a URL with a lower PR. Generally, you are correct, but that is not always the case. It totally depends on the number of outbound links on the page referred to by the URL.

A URL with a lower PR but on a handful of links can easily pass more PR to a target URL than a URL with a higher PR and hundreds or thousands of links.

Again, if you don't understand how PR is calculated I would read and understand the formulas referenced in the documents above.

Canonical, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  8. ramkarthick2011

ramkarthick2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi... Guys i read your all posts really very useful thanks to share this information it was very very nice collection i think.... :) :)

ramkarthick2011, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  9. kamaljit1987

kamaljit1987 Member

Best Answers:
    Link Juice or PR Juice is termed as the importance which gets distributed through one web page to another when it links to the other.

kamaljit1987, Jan 28, 2011 IP