1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else been slapped to high heaven today?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by carlos247, Feb 18, 2009.

Hi

I have woken up today to find 2 very profitable campaigns with no sales. So after checking google adwords it looks like someone has done some sort of manual review of my site or something as all my major campaigns have either got:

9/10 quality scores click through rate of around 2% but getting hit with £2 bids on a niche that has been operating fine for the past few months.

On the other main campaign I have quality scores of 1/10 for almost all keywords dispite prior to this 4-5%ctr ads and landing page optimised for the terms I am targetting.

Has anyone else had this or have I had a manual review or something?

I am spending upwards of £2000-3000 a month so I am not just some get rich quick scum bag...fed up! Help please.

carlos247, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  2. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably a slap. Unfortunately, Google doesn't really care how much you're making. I'd diversify into other PPC networks.

vesparich, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  3. carlos247

carlos247 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The traffic levels on google aren't exactly brilliant. I have done about 1/20th using yahoo for the same campaigns today. I can't get why I have been slapped when quality score is so high and everything has been rosie for so long.

4. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google cares for affiliates. This is odd considering they bring them in millions of dollars a year. I'd wait until tomorrow. It might be a temporary glitch. If it's still happening tomorrow, I'd move the site to another domain.

vesparich, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  5. carlos247

Best Answers:
    I have changed the landing page to something a little more informative see if once that goes through the review process QS goes up on the one campaign.

As for the other I have noticed a few more campaigns with 7 or 8 out of 10 being hit with massive bids also. Can one campaign afect my whole account..eg if I have one campaign with rubbish ctr will that in turn mess up the rest?

I have been pushing these offers and some that have not worked well in the past together without any super slaps. I have emailed google to ask whats happening so I shall wait for the template/robot response before I do anything.

6. bhsu21

bhsu21 Peon

Best Answers:
    i got slapped a couple days ago. Took my successful Ad words campaign crashing to the ground.

bhsu21, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  7. johndoes

johndoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, all of my keywords in all of my campaigns has QS of 1/10.

I'm pretty new to Adwords.

What does this mean?

What did I do wrong?

johndoes, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  8. echoBS

echoBS Peon

Best Answers:
    Something very similars happened to us... had QS's of 10/10 on all my keywords for months now, spending £1500 a month on competetive terms - site is a full site, no affiliate links from any publicly indexable/accessible page, privacy policy, contact form, about us page

QS is still 10/10 on all keywords, saying excellent but the bids have shot from 45p to £1.25 - the only thing I did was swap a domain over as part of a rebrand last night :(

echoBS, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  9. coolguy6415

coolguy6415 Member

Best Answers:
    Any one of you spending more than 1000USD or more do contact me for real traffic from adsense and yahoo .....

thnx

coolguy6415, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  10. johndoes

johndoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, last night I added an email submit campaign to my freebie site then setup the Adwords campaign as usual.

But there has been an error with the campaign and it has expired in its first day. So all the clicks from my landing page was directing to the network's homepage. Can this be the issue? Could google be checking my landing page's action link?

11. carlos247

Best Answers:
    I have swapped the domain over on one campaign and this seems to be reducing the bids dispite QS being 7/10 on most keywords instead of the original 9/10 but some bids are still daft. I emailed google and had a laughable response saying we have looked at your account and noticed that you have not been paying above 30-35p a click not the £2.00 you have stated in your email...yeh because i would be losing about £30 per sale at £2.00 per click.

carlos247, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  12. papete

papete Peon

Best Answers:
    I got slapped and went to Adwords and talked with a Google person. Who looked at my site and explained why I got slapped. If you go to the Adwords and go to the Contact Us link you will find the link for the chat.

papete, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. johndoes

johndoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you share the link please? I searched a lot but couldnt find.

14. codecs

codecs Peon

Best Answers:
    I think my domain got banned by adwords because all of my ads and keywords has a QS1.

codecs, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  15. johndoes

johndoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the club :)

I have the same problem. I contacted Adwords and they told me that my landing page was poor and that was the only reason. There's no banning etc.

It may be different for you though.

I'd like to have a look at your landing pages.

You can send me a PM if you don't want to share

16. echoBS

echoBS Peon

Best Answers:
    Must have been a one off for me... all keywords still at 10/10 for QS but top page bid is 40p again (which is possibly less than it was before!)

echoBS, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  17. carlos247

Best Answers:
    Things are still poor for me..google just respond with the same old junk so I will have to just start again with a new domain or something.

carlos247, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  18. bhsu21

bhsu21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice that sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if there is a set schedule cause I didn't see one. But it is there. I've used them twice recently.

bhsu21, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  19. bhsu21

bhsu21 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what Adwords said about mine. Said it was poor even though I've been running it for about a month with success.

Wonder if it's the time of the month when they do regular checks of all accounts.

bhsu21, Feb 19, 2009 IP