1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you offended by breastfeeding?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hon Daddy Dad, Aug 5, 2006.

Many American's were shocked to see a baby breastfeeding on a popular baby magazine.

Frankly I think this is retarded. Its the most natural human act in the world.

Breast feeding article on yahoo.

Hon Daddy Dad, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not offended by any stretch but OMG, I saw this mom across from us in a mall play area (10-15' from us) with her son....HS, he must have been pushing 2-2.5 yrs old easily, almost as big as my 3.3 yr old girl.

I found that to be quite strange and or disturbing, especially since the kid could tie his own shoes and I'm pretty sure I saw him practicing long division :p

reminded me of Quagmire on Family Guy....giggity!

timsdd, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Like one woman wrote "I was SHOCKED to see a giant breast on the cover of your magazine". I wonder what was so shocking about it. once you see the page its all baby. No wonder these kind of people makes breast feeding in public illigal as if its some crime.

jacksmith, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not offended but I'd rather it wasn't done in public. No, scratch that. I don't mind if it's done - it's natural to have to feed your child - but it does make me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

shamess, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:

I totally agree.

I think it's kinda strange - things like a nipple / breast seem to totally outrage a lot of people yet totally violent TV seems to be OK.

I'd much rather have it the other way around.

NoobieDoobieDo, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Going to the toilet is natural but this does not mean you can do it in public nor have pictures on the front page. Personally i cant see anything wrong with that picture but i can see why some people might not like it.

mightyb, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  7. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you offended by breastfeeding?

No, I was just a bit surprised when I spotted 'super time' once in a public place.

gemini181, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  8. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I breastfed my kids in public... although I must say it wasn't nearly so revealing as that picture. If you do it carefully, no one will see anything.

One of the things that always annoyed me was the people who felt that babies should be breastfed in the restrooms rather than in public. Would YOU want to eat in there? There's nothing wrong with feeding your child in public, and it in no way compares to using the toilet.

I will admit I've never understood the women who insist on baring both breasts when breastfeeding in public. Baby only uses one at a time, so I can't help but think it's a form of exhibitionism. I don't see that as necessary.

I always found it interesting when I'd read an article about one place or another trying to make a woman leave for breastfeeding. There have even been "nurse-ins" at some fast food places because they tried to keep women from breastfeeding their babies.

stephfoster, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  9. donna-x

donna-x Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mind it at all, unless its in a restaurant and i'm eating. I don't know, it turns me off my food, even though its not a big deal. I'm not sure why. If the lady is properly covering her breast and not exposing too much then I could deal with it, but i'm from a rough area of town and women just basically throw their tits out and don't care. It disturbs me when toddlers are still being breastfed though, as someone else mentioned.

donna-x, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  10. theo-zzzz

theo-zzzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People don't mind watching killings and other violence and blood on tv, but are shocked when they see a woman's breast.

Why?

theo-zzzz, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  11. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not offending, because it's how many babies eat. However, doing it in public is a matter of tact.

If the mother is cute, sexy or hot and she doesn't mind me staring, then I guess it's fair game. ;) If she minds, best to not do it in public. I'm only human.

marketjunction, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  12. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, there's no nipple shown on that cover. I can see the same amount of "breastage" by watching TV or walking through the mall during the summer.

marketjunction, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  13. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    No, you're only a MAN. There's a difference :p

DeniseJ, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  14. The Drifter

The Drifter Guest

Best Answers:
    Not at all.. it's natural.

I can see why some prudes would be offended but personally I think thereare more important things to worry about that a baby suckling a breast in public.

The Drifter, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  15. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    Not offending at all. Maybe because I use to got breastfeeding by my mom.

sysop, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  16. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see what’s so shocking about it. Many woman breastfeed in public around here, nothing out of the ordinary about it.

hextraordinary, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  17. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Our society would be a lot better off and and infants a lot healthier if people didn't get so bent out of shape by breast feeding. It is what they are designed for after all. Doing it in the bathroom is so unsanitary, like another post stated would you eat your meal in a bathroom.

Our society is just way too prudish about this and many things revolving around human sexuality.

KLB, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  18. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    Thats only around here (in the US) it's not even an issue in Europe.

19. MadCenter

MadCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I so agree... well said mighty! I think it should be kept "behind closed doors" just because it does offend so many people...

MadCenter, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  20. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    Maybe, just maybe, these people should take their twisted view of the world and live in Iran. It's closer to their perception than around here anyway.