1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay not accepting new sites/members?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by origimist, Oct 27, 2008.

I applied to become an eBay affiliate and basically selected all the options, including eBay.com, eBay.co.uk, all the other eBay countries and Half.com.

I was accepted into all of them except eBay.com (really the only one I wanted to get into).

Anyone have any advice on getting into the eBay.com affiliate program?

origimist, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  2. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems they have suspended any entry into ebay.com for a while. You missed the train...

Codythebest, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  3. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can join Pepperjam and then ebay.com via Pepperjam, a lot of people get through that way after not able to join epn direct, nothing to lose by trying.

mcjp6, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  4. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The e-Bay affiliate program or at least its CJ division seems indeed to be closed. Applying directly on e-Bay or through Pepperjam as mcjp6 suggested is your best bet now.

Regards, George

geegel, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  5. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eBay hasn't been available through CJ for months now! I believe the OP was talking about applying directly through eBay, and it seems to be true that they are trying to cut down the number of affiliates on the US program maybe...

As for PepperJam, there is no guarantee you will be accepted - they seem to be quite picky. Also, I have no idea what is available through PJ - whether it's just banner and creatives or whether you can access the feed and the API too...? If they don't provide the latter then PJ might not be much use to you.

markowe, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  6. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    There are anecdotal tales of people being accepted into the U.S. program still. Those who succeed seem to have pre-existing sites with oodles of content and very little affiliate stuff woven in. I would speculate that new sites might not be sufficient to get their attention. And, I've heard that Pepperjam applications are referred to EPN for approval.

potentmix, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  7. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was not aware of it. Just gone trough ebay affiliate program. Thanks all for sharing about PJ. Just applied, hope they can pick me too.

atniz, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  8. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    PepperJam does not handle their approval for ePN in-house. eBay approves all the applications.

My suggestion would be for you to call Steve Hartman at (408)-376-6123. He is the director of the ePN program and I am sure that he would like to hear your comments and/or concerns.

fr0gman, Oct 31, 2008 IP