1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Search Engine

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by ACCOONA, Mar 3, 2005.

ACCOONA SEARCH ENGINE

Accoona provides a great interactive search experience to its users. The user is more involved in determining his/her search results by being able to highlight and emphasize selected keywords.

This revolutionary Interactive Search Technology, combined with proprietary Artificial Intelligence Software that understands the meaning of words, delivers SuperTargetedTM Search results that significantly differentiate Accoona in the Search Industry.

Accoona Artificial Intelligence now takes the Search Experience to the next level by merging information from both the Web and the Accoona Business Database in real time. For the first time on an Internet Search Platform, Accoona presents business website content and its relevant business data in a complementary format.

http://www.accoona.com

ACCOONA, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck to this new se, competition is fierce :eek:
    It looks weird to have nearly half the pages with listings from Yahoo! search marketing solutions :D
    Cheers,
    Johann

webcertain, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  3. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum Accoona.

I have some free advice for your marketing department. I stopped by your booth yesterday at the SES in NY to find out what you were about and walked away with a bad first impression. I run a general purpose classified advertising site that has 4,800+ communities in the US and Canada and around 4,000 ad categories. Before your booth staff even understood what I do I was told that you were very selective about the sites you index and only about 8% of the web was non-spam/legitimate and I would probably be blacklisted and not included in your database?

Even if it was true why in the world would anyone ever make such a statement to a site owner or webmaster? It was a little bizarre. I walked away thinking in the back of my mind that I should go ahead and block your spider now so you don’t waste any of my bandwidth.

Regardless, I wish you guys luck in your endeavor, the more competition for Y, G, and MSN the better off we all are.

Regards,

-jay

classifieds, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  4. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it looks really stupid to have half the 'search results' paid listings. If you have to do something like that, at least put it on the right.. I would never use your search engine because its just to clumsy fealing.

Josh

Josh, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  5. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like Overture/Yahoo results to me ;)

magellan, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a Google clone site..... Wonder who's ads the clone engine is using? :)

Sorry guys, I looked again and they are not Google results, looks like a mix of results from different sources, a meta engine without admitting to being one :p

Just another scam to run search engine ads in the face of surfers, that is what makes the WWW turn....

anthonycea, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Don't expect them to reply. This same announcement has been posted in just about every forum on the web.

The forum I moderated at, they quadruple posted it then left.

Too cheap for their own advertising, they loose my respect right away.

yfs1, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    if you can't even reply to member's comments to explain your site and talk about it, you can not be taken seriously.

Blogmaster, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  9. Qal

Qal Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, I personally can't take 'accoona' as a search engine like everyone else here. It displays more (or equally the same amount of) Sponsored listings than Ordinary results.

Moreover, it isnt a metasearch engine as well. It just pulls (ordinary) results from yahoo and Paid listings from Overture. SO, why would anyone use accoona instead of using Yahoo/Overture directly?

Qal, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  10. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    They wouldn't, and thats why its not going to become popular at all :)

Josh

Josh, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  11. Qal

Qal Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite Possible. However, if they refine their business model and search engine structure to provide something more catchy and attractive, some user might flock in and things can get better.

But if they just advertiser heavily everywhere (like now) while providing nothing new, there would be no regular users. Powerful advertising doesnt help always.

Qal, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  12. johndrew

johndrew Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been an Accoona user since the Search Engine launched last year. I feel that Accoona is definitely on to some great things in the search Engine Space!!! :)

It's nice to see a new player in Search that has very impressive differentiators. For instance , Accoona's Artificial Intelligence and SuperTargeting features grant users a much greater involvement in determining their search results, Accoona seems to always deliver exactly what Im searching for. I regularily utilize Accoona's SuperTargeting feature, it greatly assists me, through Key Word emphasis, in determining my Business and, even NEWS, results!!!

Accoona has expanded its AI and SuperTargeting to its news service, where users search for news stories and can "self-determine" relevance, achieving better quality, and quantity of, news stories than any other Search Engine out there!! I regularily benefit from more results, and better a quality of news stories, by being greater invloved in the process!!

Accoona's Web results are definitely on par with any other Search Engine, and their Business Results are truly revolutionary. Accoona, via its QuickProfile Feature, gives access to pertinent information on millions of companies worldwide, particularily in North America and China. The companies "exclusive partnership" with the Chinese Government clearly gives Accoona an edge; as Ive "QuickProfiled" many Chinese companies and am very impressed with the business and contact information I was able to obtain!!
    AND FOR FREE!!! Ive never seen that before, as I was able to research some potential business partners in China, and the US, completely free of charge.

Ive also recently noticed Accoona has further evolved its user interface to the benefit of its users. One can now achieve one-click access to results in Web, Business, and News Story Interfaces!!! I can toggle back and forth within the SAME SEARCH QUERY between Web, Business, and News, with each source just one click away.

I am impressed with the forward thinking innovations that Accoona has brought to the Search Party. The added-value this company brings to Search is very impressive!!

I am eager to experience their next innovation, the Accoona Toolbar in Artificial Intelligence, that is referenced on their site. I have already signed up for a preview!

Keep up the great work Accoona!! :)

John Drew

johndrew, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    When did they hire you as a PR man :confused:

Since you seem to know so much why don't you tell us if they spider themselves or simply claim that they are a search provider using (lying when they are using others results and are simply a meta engine) results from other search indexes.

anthonycea, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  14. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Thank you Anthony, you beat me to the punch.

John you sound like a marketing shill. If you're affiliated with matata (. . . I mean accoona) be honest and let us know. Otherwise you're wasting bandwidth and your company's $$.

-jay

That d%mn lion king song has been stuck in my head since SES :mad:

classifieds, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny how some folks think that people believe crap like that :confused: :p

They must think that webmasters are the dumbest bunch of people on earth to even try that crap :) :p

anthonycea, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    This guy got this as a cut and paste and is paid per post, I can guarantee becuase I have seen it elsewhere verbatem.

They have no clue. They paid all that money to have a booth at SES yet forget to man it with people that even knew anything.

Instead they just handed out hot sauce bottles.

Morons :rolleyes:

yfs1, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Dirkjan pointed out accoona back in December, and now we have 2x 1 post wonders... what's that smell...?

Lever, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  18. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That post is awesome. A long long time ago, I worked in the off-shore gambling biz and saw soooooooo many postings from "satisfied customers" just like john above.

Best of luck John, I hope those options pay off for you.

ROAR, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  19. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    They are morons, the site sucks the results suck even worse. Total waste of time and effort.

mopacfan, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL nah man, he is just an enthusiastic Acoona user :D :rolleyes:
    We've had a discussion about how to deal with spam on http://www.vbwebmaster.com and I stand behind my input: I find it entertaining :)

Anyways ... everyone go ahead and download the Accoona toolbar

Blogmaster, Mar 10, 2005 IP