1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iain Lewington Biggest Scam Ever

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Joe Higgins, Sep 26, 2008.

I received an email below which I feel might help people on this board who have lost money from Iain Lewington. See below :)

Dear Friend

I am emailing you about a certain CON MAN called Iain Lewington. He is a PARASITE.

Iain Lewington runs a website called www.bettingsystemreviews.co.uk and with this he likes to review other tipster websites and make false claims. My website was recommended by Iain at first until he turned into a despicable human being and did what he does best. He cheated me like he has cheated all of you. I started being a member of other tipster services and then I decided to give up work and earn a living from horse racing tips.

I was given the chance for a free trial with this new bulk sender so I thought why not expose Iain for the type of man he is. My account will probably get closed down but at least I can expose him for who he is.

I do not want to give you my name for confidentiality but I can tell you that I asked him for a review of my service a fair few months ago and he turns round and says its crap and he told me hes going to give me a 1 star rating without even testing it out. Now that pissed me off how can someone give a review to something they havent even tried. I started to sell my system to my readers and Iain being the cock he is he emailed his readers to tell them how shit my system is. I then called accused him of doing this because he wanted commission for his sales. He then removed a 5 Star rating for another one of my systems from his website. He is a hipocite. The thing is that I moved on made a few new websites and my good name is still well known to all my old members. I never need to hide my name unlike Iain.

The bloke is a complete idiot and I want to tell you why. Read below and make up your mind.

1) Iain ran a service called Abacus Racing. This is where he asked members to send him their money and he would manage their accounts. When his system did not work he stopped the service and ran away with over £100,000.

See links:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=877646

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=42284

https://www.business-opportunity-review.co.uk/element.php?varset=s:12-pm:-se:273-e:855&SessId=c8e3e05d79c3414d48fd8536e513cb2c

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080609210515AAhlCLD

http://www.strong800.com/renting-real-estate/renting-real-estate-72648.html

And the list goes on and on. Go to www.google.com and type in Iain Lewington Scam and see what comes up.

2) Iain lies about his address online at www.bettingsystemsreviews.co.uk and steals other peoples identities.

If you do a WHO IS search go to www.whois-search.com and type in www.bettingsystemreviews.co.uk you will see the following pop up:

Domain name:
    bettingsystemreviews.co.uk

Registrant:
    Iain Lewington

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    PO Box 1294, 372 Old Street
    London
    London
    EC1V 9LT
    GB

I can tell you that this is NOT Iain Lewingtons address.

If you google this address you will see that in fact it belongs to:

Gabrieli Ltd. The Gabrieli Consort & Players
    372 Old Street
    London
    EC1V 9LT
    tel: 01892545021

So why does Iain Lewington use a fake address on his who is profile? Is it because he is a legit person?

If you dont believe me why dont you call Gabrieli Ltd and ask them? I already have. If you do a who-is search in another few days Iain will have changed his address again.

3) Iain has also used various of other fake addresses in the past as well.

On the 21st of September a who-is search showed that Iains address was:

20 Winchombe st,
    Cheltenham
    Gloucestshire
    GL52 2LY

A further look at this address shows that it in fact belongs to Matt Garrett (nagnagnag.co.uk). I have also emailed Matt to let know and comments were posted online which is why I expect he changed it.

In fact the real address of Iain Lewington is:

Iain Lewington
    20 Beecham Place
    St Leonards on Sea
    East Sussex
    TN38 9BP

4) After failing with SEVERAL horse racing systems and with the mess of Abacus Racing (in which he was forced by the law to pay back some of those people he had scammed) Iain then decided to lay low and set up his review website.

This is anything but an independent website. He does not review any websites. In fact he gives systems a 1 star rating without reviewing them. He emails the websites first and asks if they have a commission structure and how much he will get paid. If he does not get at least 75% recurring commission he gives you a bad review. Of course he gives a few good reviews without asking for anything to keep his website looking legit.

He calls his website UNBIASED AND ACCURATE REVIEWS but this is far from it.

I have also seen that another review website which looks at betting systems has now flagged Iain Lewington as a scam as well.

See below an article written by a guy called Ken at the Online Betting Exposed website.

Ken writes:

http://www.bettingsystemreviews.co.uk/horseracingtips.htm is a website run by someone called Iain Lewington.

He is a horse racing tipster with an awful record of picking tips. I was a member with him at one of his “many” services and I lost over £5000.

He has also run various illegal businesses in the past as well.

See various articles:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=877646
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=42284

He set up a review website to pretend to be a neutral independent website that reviews other websites, and through this he promotes his own horse racing tips at a cost of course.

Further information on who is shows his address to be:

20 Winchombe st,
    Cheltenham
    Gloucestshire
    GL52 2LY

If you google this address, you will find out that he is not at this address, it is a company address of:

http://www.gmcoinsonline.co.uk/acatalog/info.html

If you want his correct home address if you have been scammed, it is:

Iain Lewington
    20 Beecham Place
    St Leonards on Sea
    East Sussex
    TN38 9BP

I also understand he runs lots of scam websites with Kelly Fitzgerald as well. You can google both of them.

I always recommend googling any website before signing up, whether it be free tips, a tipster or a newsletter

Another commeny by Jim shows:

Jim writes:

20 Winchombe st,
    Cheltenham
    Gloucestshire
    GL52 2LY

Also appears to be the registered address of Matt Garrett (nagnagnag,co,uk)

as i’m in Gloucester i may have to drop by and check it out

Jim

4) Within Iains website which he claims to be reviewing other websites he sells his horse racing tips

http://www.bettingsystemreviews.co.uk/horseracingtips.htm

He runs an independent reviewing service but he promotes his own tips? How does that work. And get this he charges for them as well.

I have also heard that he is doing "special deals" for some members and charging them money to manage their betfair accounts again. These people will lose a lot of money when he runs away again. And this time the police may not be able to stop him.

The list goes on. He also copies his tips from 2 websites of which both owners have complained and are after legal representation.

The results listed on his website are false, and so much more.

5) Iain Lewington is working with a well known SCAM lady called Kelly Fitzgerald.

Dont take my word for it, it is reported on SCAM.COM as:

His partners name (who has run many scams herself, lottery, trading and run off with peoples money too) is called Kelly Fitzgerald

Link: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=42284

Kelly has actually been charged by the Police for several scam systems and now runs the website below:

http://www.winningsystems.co.uk/

6) To finish off a few more comments I found in Google.You can find these too with a simple google search:

"Iain Lewington is an absolute and a conman, i joined his tipster service abacusracing a couple of years back and went on to lose quite a hefty sum of money in a trading scam that he ran, i was stupid and gullible i know but its a lesson learnt".

"I paid someone called Iain Lewington to invest for me on my behalf, he said he would make me guaranteed profits on betfair but he didn't return my money or send me any profits. Did anyone else get conned by Iain Lewington and did you manage to do anything about it? Thanks in advance".

"I was conned by this Iain Lewington bloke for 18 months and lost £4500. Thank goodness my wife didn't find out. He will stop at nothing to get your money, his most recent outfits include Abacus Racing (site now gone) and bettingsystemreviews.co.uk, can't remember the names of his other 2 or 3 outfits. He is or was a useless failed chef as well, he wasn't getting paid much probably so decided to con people online out of their hard earned money with his scheming to pay the rent".

"Beware of Iain Lewington who runs bettingsystemreviews.co.uk he previously ran a scam called Abacus Racing which ran an illegal trading scheme. Iain Lewington took over £50,000 ($100,000) of members money then disappeared! A few people got their money back after getting the authorities involved, but many people were ripped off and never saw their money again. I got my money back from Iain Lewington after dozens of excuses, delaying tactics from him but after he got a letter from my solicitor he eventually caved in and returned my money. Which according to Iain Lewington was supposed to be 100% "safe and secure" in his hands and would be returned at any time".

"Iain Lewington claimed that Betfair (where he was placing the trades with his members monies) was down which was complete BS. Beware of the Iain Lewington new site bettingsystemreviews.com it is a complete con, he now is pretending to be a professional gambler who recommends and reviews other tipster services. Its basically another one of those phoney review sites which are run by conmen, ex conmen who have lost their credibility and now want to appear as an "authority" to squeeze some more cash out of gullible people and get them to click on their affiliate links, believe they are good guys while they plug their own service etc....this is what Iain Lewington is doing. And combined in all this is a similar tipping service he runs on the site, similar to Abacus Racing which took illegal deposits from people then Iain Lewington did a runner with the money!".

"I was scammed by iain lewington too! he caught me out to the tune of $2,400 with his abacus racing con, still ain't got my money returned to me....his latest scam is betting system reviews uk , unfortunately many gullible newbies will still get tricked by this guy! beware of iain lewington"!

"I got a solicitor/lawyer involved but I think he counts on the fact that too many people find it too much hassle to get them involved so he just wears people down with excuses, delays etc until they give up so he can keep all the money. Iain Lewington needs to be stopped before he scams hundreds more people with his fraud! Any more victims of Iain Lewington please speak up so ACTION can be taken against this guy! Don't just sit and suffer, if someone stole money from you in the street you wouldn't just forget about it would you. If someone steals money from you online through trickery and deception its still theft! What Iain Lewington has done to you is THEFT, plain and simple so please speak up if you have been done over by him as well".

"This fraudster Iain Lewington is STILL at it! Got a couple of email warnings from him (on betting schemes he didn't even bother to test, although he should be able to spot scams being a conman himself I guess!) from his phony review site - the sole purpose being to gain some credibility/trust from guillible newbies then Iain Lewington went in for the kill and has followed up with two scam promotions"!

Again please do not take my word for it go to www.google.com and you will see all these articles. If you are using a system based on an Iain Lewington review I would assess the system correctly and not listen to a CON man like him.

I recommend all people to steer well clear of this cock and if you have lost any money from him please go and pay him a home visit at:

Iain Lewington
    20 Beecham Place
    St Leonards on Sea
    East Sussex
    TN38 9BP

and ask him for your money back. If you have not got your money back so far email him and tell him you want it back. If he refuses go visit him.

I reserve the right to publish all of the above as it is factual taken from various articles in Google and Yahoo. This is searchable on based on pure facts.

I also give permission to anyone who wishes to post my article online. I feel that I have taken a big step in exposing this idiot and if a few people could add this to their websites or forums it will help us to flush Iain out of the betting world.

Please add this to as many boards and posts all across the web and lets get rid of this bloke. He is making enemies everywhere.

Many Thanks

Regards

Joe Higgins, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  2. amrel1

amrel1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for warning! some time ago this ''wonderful '' site was put on auction. Don't know how it ended. Sadly the internet has become a safe heaven to all kinds of scamers.

amrel1, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  3. tails423

tails423 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, that's business. Although I don't condone his actions, he's trying to gather as many customers for himself.

tails423, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  4. embassy2341

embassy2341 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was one of the mugs who fell for Iain Lewington's Abacus Racing trading scam.

I tried to get my money back and the many shares I invested returned from him but he didn't respond to my e-mails, after I sent about 15 emails with no reply, I gave up.

Now that people have decided to go after him and get their money back I am all for joining the cause.

I'm actually in contact with another of Iain's victims via another forum but thought I'd post here too as I just came across this thread.

I have located one of the promo emails he sent, I am sure I have the others somewhere containing Iain's many lies but here is one of them I have found:-

Good afternoon members,

Following on to our email sent a few days ago we would like to remind
    you of our new trading venture we we began yesterday.

Members were asked to invest a minimum of £300 in £100 shares which
    would be used to make risk free trades Betfair by ourselves.

The initial investment can be returned at anytime in full when
    requested.

We take 10% from all the profits made and then divide the profits
    between our members at the end of the month.

We have already made each member £11.43 per £100 invested a figure which
    will rise drastically throughout the month.

For those who don't undertsand how the trading works heres a quick
    insight. Once we have backed a horse we look at laying it at smaller
    odds for an amount which guarantees us the same profit which ever horse
    wins the race. As long as we predict which way the odds will move then
    we win money. We are not going to divuldge how we know this but our
    success rate is 100%.

Please contact us ASAP if you wish to join.
    ---
    ABACUS RACING http://www.abacusracing.co.uk
    Horse racing info you can count ON!

This is solid evidence in any criminal/fraud proceedings we take against Iain Lewington, he clearly says the initial investment can be returned in full at any time.

If he had about 200 members who bought an average of 5 shares (£500) this is a £100k fraud he got away with.

Or at least he thought so, now that this has resurfaced he may well be brought to justice after all.

embassy2341, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  5. Stellarchase

Stellarchase Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow.. i'm very glad I wasn't around for the scam.. And i'm sorry for those who fell for it... But i'll keep him on my avoid list :) Thanks for the warning.

Stellarchase, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  6. Joe Higgins

Joe Higgins Guest

Best Answers:
    Please post all grievances on this blog site:

http://bettingsystemsreviewsiainlewington.blogspot.com/

Please list how much money you lost.

I just got emailed to me from the same guy who sent that email.

Joe Higgins, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thats why I just started my own Fraud & Scammers forum. Look in the sig. feel free to post.

dscurlock, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  8. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, and good luck with it. But running a quick spellcheck on the front page of your website (and using colours that don't clash as much) wouldn't hurt. ;)

alexa_s, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  9. freezine

freezine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fraud & Scammers forum huh!

Sorry if I get a little bit negative here but it seems that this guy (dscurlock) is a scammer himself.. I bought his SEO article rewriter software through his site seoarticlerewriter.com a month ago but the software is useless since a license is needed to activate it.

I emailed this guy several times for the license but never seen any reply..

freezine, Oct 3, 2008 IP