1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make $5.00/day in 6 weeks or less

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by creativ, Aug 21, 2005.

1. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, that would be good enough for me! I did mean for it to automatically publish it and others on a certain day and time - like a 'release scedule' - so I didn't have to touch anything once I'd loaded it up with months worth of articles, but the method you described would certainly suffice for the time being. Thanks!

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  2. creativ

creativ Peon

Best Answers:
    I did, did I? Where, exactly??? I mean, just where, specifically, did I try to sell anything to anyone???!!! You're living in la la land, mate!

This, from the mouth of another kiddy who is in awe of those that make $1000 per week... This is why I don't come back too often! My plan is sound.

Look, if you enjoy running a hobby site for a, erm, hobby, then good luck to you, but you and I both know it'll never make you rich. If you want a REAL business, you'll have to invest a little REAL money. If you can't invest $1,000 to get your business off the ground, then go do some paper rounds or something, as CLEARLY if you don't have the business savvy to make $1,000 on the internet already then who the hell are you to be spouting your mouth off in here?

And before you make yourself look like an idiot some more, why not TRY what I laid out (and find your FREE ways of doing it - it doesn't matter to me), and give it 6 weeks, building a site like this each day.

Maybe, indeed... Maybe you shouldn't try it then. And maybe you're dying to shout your mouth off some more...

Ah, there you go... That's clearly what I need to do. Thank you so much for the brilliant advice, Einstein... Not sure what I'd do without you, and I'll sleep so much more soundly tonight for knowing you're out there looking out for me... (yes, I'm being sarcastic!)

Erm, thanks... I guess...(?!) And good luck to you, affbusiness! :)

Well, this is fun, isn't it?! And now you know why I don't hang out in boards often... I feel like I just wasted 30 minutes of my life...

I'll return on occassion, but my door is always open to REAL students. You know the routine - just PM me...

Cheers...

creativ, Aug 29, 2005 IP
    Willy likes this.
  3. xeno

xeno Peon

Best Answers:
    It took you 30 minutes to type that last post?

xeno, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  4. creativ

creativ Peon

Best Answers:
    And read the other posts since I last visited! ;)

creativ, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see you're still straight-talking and honest, creativ. I'm suprised you aren't British by the way you come across.

Take it easy and ignore the clowns chasing cents with nonsense replies, in pidgeon English no less.

"creativ way making money is craps i build 5 cents over 6 months i talk senses with my highest traffics sites"

I made that up, but it does annoy me when someone's showing you how to do something and you've got some smart arse foreigner talking bollocks about a proven formula for success in a half-baked english. Beggars belief.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  6. creativ

creativ Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I am British ;) Moved here 6 years ago from the Luton area, but originally from London!

And thanks for the support - can you tell I'm getting frustrated... Catch my email address in a PM, so I don't have to keep coming here and dealing with the clowns! ;)

Cheers!

creativ, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  7. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    GADOOD you should be more careful with your posts or you might end up looking silly.

pidgin
    Related: Language

(pĬj´en) , a lingua franca that is not the mother tongue of anyone using it and that has a simplified grammar and a restricted, often polyglot vocabulary. The earliest documented pidgin is the Lingua Franca (or Sabir) that developed among merchants and traders in the Mediterranean in the Middle Ages; it remained in use through the 19th cent. Other known pidgins have been employed in different regions since the 17th cent. An example is the variety of pidgin English that resulted from contacts between English traders and the Chinese in Chinese ports. In fact, the word pidgin supposedly is a Chinese (Cantonese) corruption of the English word business. Another well-known form of pidgin English is the Beach-la-Mar (or Bêche-de-Mer ) of the South Seas. The different kinds of pidgin English have preserved the basic grammatical features of English, at the same time incorporating a number of non-English syntactical characteristics. The great majority of words in pidgin English are of English origin, but there are also Malay, Chinese, and Portuguese elements. As a result of European settlers bringing to the Caribbean area large numbers of slaves from West Africa who spoke different languages, other pidgins evolved in that region that were based on English, Portuguese, Dutch, French, and Spanish. Examples of pidgins based on non-European languages are Chinook, once used by Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest, and Lingua Gêral, based on a Native American language and used in Brazil. The Krio language of Sierra Leone and Tok Pisin of Papua New Guinea are examples of creoles, pidgins that have acquired native speakers. See also creole language .

elkiwi, Aug 29, 2005 IP
    Geir likes this.
  8. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:
    Elkiwi I would not have the guts to copy and paste a whole reply like that.

creativ I will catch your email as well.

I am always up for learning new things.

gadood i agree,you have to sift through 50% of posts by members who speak english as a second or third language.

then sift through 30% of replys that are from fryman talking b*ll*cks just to learn something from the remaining 15%;)

british humour there in the last 2 paragraphs,wait for the bites.

greenway, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  9. andyd

andyd Peon

Best Answers:
    god what a long thread - thanks for the original post and giving us that information, good luck on making your money! - I wish I was making that dough right now!

andyd, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  10. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    You can learn plenty from the people on these boards who's first language isn't english. You might have to work a bit harder at time to get what they're trying to say, but I'll guarantee that it would be more difficult to work out what I was saying if I had to post in a foreign language. Big qudos to anyone who can work with more than 1 language.

jlawrence, Aug 30, 2005 IP
    Geir likes this.
  11. Goose

Goose Peon

Best Answers:
    affbusiness...

Not sure how old you are or how much business experience you have but from your posts you sound pretty raw.

Yes, you can hunt around and find free stuff to run an online business, some guys get a real kick out of doing that.

But if you are serious about business online or offline there is a certain amount of time and $$$$$ that need to invested to get a return.

It's also a lot of times false economy wasting time looking for cheap or free stuff when that same time with some money invested in the right tools will get you a much greater R.O.I and much quicker.... that's return on investment :D oops couldn't help that. It also about giving... you want people to give you money there has to be an exchange somewhere. Free and cheap is free and cheap on both sides of the exchange.

It's also much easier to criticise than recieve advice that will help you get what you want... think about that for a bit.

There is a lot of very sound advice being giving by a few people on this forum who know what they are talking about.. sure some of the strategies don't suit some people particularly some of the holier than thou "webmasters" who insist that their's is the only way but I suspect they are martyrs who don't make much any way... so need to attack those that do to justify their paradigm.

must be late so I'm getting cranky :)

these forums are here to help those who want to be helped so think twice before getting the gun out of the holster and shooting. That advice may not be your cup of tea but there are plenty of us who are lapping it up and doing very well.

use the updraft

Goose

Goose, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Watch it Goose - I've scored an extra 5 reds from my post in this thread alone.

Quite tetchy folks in here, especially those who /work their arse off and pride themselves on it, with little to show but 18 hour working days/.

The day I cast a 'rate' on someone is the day I blow my brains out. That's when you know you're really quite, quite sad.

I'm sure quite a number of us could show any neigh-sayer or pratt how to invest $1,500 and turn that into a daily revenue of $100/day within a few weeks, growing as the weeks pass, but they either:

- Wouldn't believe it
    - Wouldn't invest the ammount or have the balls to try it
    - Would prefer to feel like they're working their *arse* off in some insane belief that hard work pays off, and if they just /work hard/ the money will come
    - Would prefer to stick to their methods that earn them a few cents or dollars and bash the formula's that could make them rich simply 'cos their ego won't allow a rather easy formula to over-ride all their effort in making an income from AdSense thus far

There's a lot of plonkers quick to pass judgement on here, it's why ratings are cast, especially to those, who I expect are making large ammounts in the ways stated - that no-one I suspect, except mainly savvy lurkers, are looking for or are interseted in.

My question is: What are they interested in? Because it certainly isn't money. It's something else. I don't know about anyone else but I like to realize my dreams, and if there's methods and ways of investing money to pull it off, by hell I'll do it. If someone's telling me a way of making money that sounds relatively easy, I'll listen up and see if any of the ideas could be of use for my own 'formula' in constant development.

Put simply - for those that see creativ as a talker of absolute nonsense, or someone just out to get students, which he may well be - I don't blame him for wanting others to do the work and pass on their 25% to him. Hell, he could even want 25% of my profits, but I aren't his student and have my own methods, but I can certainly take a few ideas to tweak my formula a little.

And elkiwi - how exactly did I look silly? Asides from the spelling of pidgin, please do tell. Aren't you the pedant. You do realise of course that I'll be checking each and every post you make for spelling and grammatical errors. No, I won't, 'cos I just aren't that 'silly'.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 30, 2005 IP
    Willy likes this.
  13. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree and i am always willing and never to proud to learn from anyone.

The posts i was talking about were the one line 7 word replies.
    but yes some of the posts from india are my favorites as these guys seem to work hard at adsence.

its just a pain to work through some cr*p posts,most of them by me;)

greenway, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  14. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, it is a pita to work through the crap posts. But that's half the fun of being part of a community - it takes alsorts.
    If it was too easy for people to gather all the useful information, then there'd be far too much competition out there. But as Gadood said, most simply wouldn't believe that something so simple can make money. Making money from a website is simplicity in itself - content + traffic = money.
    The amount of money depends on a) your niche, b) the level of traffic, and c) the number of sites.
    In every single business in the world, duplication is how the big guns make big money. You find a formula that works and you duplicate it over and over and over, until such a time as you have what you want.

jlawrence, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  15. creativ

creativ Peon

Best Answers:
    Bravo!

Jlawrence just spelled out the key for all those who were too wrapped up in slamming me to be able to actually 'get' what I was saying...

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, etc - go into any one of their restaurants, and you'll see thay all look the same, the menu is the same, the food tastes the same - how so? Did this just happen overnight? No! These companies tested, tested, tested. They tweaked their offerings over time until they found a formula that worked for them. And then they replicated it over and over and over...

But can you honestly say that the food they sell is the best food you ever ate? Nope! Or that it's the healthiest food you'll ever eat? Of course not! But do they make money? You betchya!

Their strategy is no different to mine. Are my sites the best designed sites you ever visited? I doubt it. Do I spend hours creating content and manually keeping my sites fresh? No way! But do they make money? You betchya!

So why DO people visit them, bookmark them, leave their email addresses, and return to my sites again and again? Because I spend a LOT of time (and by LOT, I mean this is a daily ongoing process) figuring out the optimal way to present the content, compliment it with other content 'feeds, and the best places to put the ads. I test, test, test. And then I build, build, build.

I continue to test to this day, whereas I'd be surprised if more than 5% of the community here do any REAL testing at all.

Goose and GADOOD also made good points in their posts:

You got that right, guys!

So, to all those that get some sort of satisfaction beating up on me - have at it! Feel free to criticize my techniques!

Because if just a couple of you take these ideas and they help you improve your CTR by 1%, or your daily earnings by a few dollars, or if you'vebeen sitting on the fence and my ideas give you the motivation (motive-for-action!) to bite the bullet and actually build a few sites, then all the bashing and slamming was all worth it, because I will have achieved my sole mission as stated when I first came to this forum - I will have given something back.

Cheers!
    --Tony

creativ, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  16. affbusiness

affbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, creativ, you didn't tell clearly that you selling something but that is obviously in some parts of your post. Also, you didn't tell do you give peoples your affiliate links or something similar. And, at the end, you charge a 25% for that advices. I'm guess I am really wrong, you don't sell anything at all! :) :

That bolded text tells me that you want to prepare those peoples who will PM you that you own that scripts and you would (maybe) sell it to them.

affbusiness, Aug 30, 2005 IP
    Raisin likes this.
  17. affbusiness

affbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Goose,

Let we say this way ... I'm not raw and not newbie and I have my methods for this business. Thanks God, I'm successful enought for me and that is not a $5 a day, it's much more.

Because of that I know a few things about the biz so I don't like to hear when someone says: "Hey, invest you money is something, that will give you great income!". It's crap, for me! I give you example of my friend, he's making more money than everyone here I think and he didn't pay for a single script or extra software or link exchange but he has #1 Google spot for some important keywords in his niche. So, he is a man I want to learn from, not from a guy who will tell me "Yes, you will become very successful but you must spend a hundreds or thousands of dollars for scripts, software nad other shit" and at the end I must give him 25% for teaching me that??? I know that myself already! I don't need him to tell me to spend my money!

Look, I really don't have anthing against this guy but I supose that I can say that I don't like his methods! He could be a really great expert in this but, hey, there are some other and maybe better ways for doing that! I'm new on this board and have read a lot of post already and I can say that I didn't see any other similar post where some 'business guru' comes and says "Hey guys, if you want to be successful pay some nice money for that and that and give me your 25% for telling you this". Wow, you're real business guru ... yes, you are my God now ... teach me more please! Teach me how to spend money!

Well, I know that you must invest something in this biz but that's not for sure hundreds or thousands of dollars for thing like that! As I said before, I'm not newbie and my sites now making me more than creativ's $5 a day so I can tell that I know something little about this business. For sure I know in what I should invest my money and in what I shouldn't!

Guys, I don't want to argue with you but I think that someone should say that this type of success is possible without spending a lot of money. You need to work smart and hard and ou will achieve this goal without an extra services.

Here is another example for my theory ... and this is really my experience and it's true... two weeks before I made one little blog and I put in on free host (at blogspot.com). I used my ways to do all the necessary work and after a three days my blog was indexed by Yahoo and Google (other search engines I don't check but they indexed my site too because I got some traffic from MSN). The most important thing is that five days after I put my blog online I got my first Google visitors to that blog, I checked link they come from and noticed that I'm #13 for most important keyword. So, I need to work a little more on that site and I would be in top 10 and all that for free, I didn't spend a dime for that. Well, I think that is a real business, get some important things for free! Everybody knows how to spend a lot of money for that but just a small number of peoples knows how to get that for free! And that kind of people are gurus for me, not somebody like creativ who would just tell me how to spend my money!

And the most important is that I don't think that I'm some guru for doing this and I didn't came to this forum to tell everyone "Hey, give me a $100 bucks and will tell you how to do it!". Now I'm thinking this way, if there is at least 10 people who would trust creativ and give him money for his advices then I should post something like that and I don't need to build more sites, I can make a fortune only for telling my secrets to others! But, I'm not that kind of guy, I will help everyone and I don't ask for nothing because I making enough for myself!

affbusiness, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  18. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice long thread. I read it through. I didn't read one person that said, "I tried it, and I made $XXXX".

I have all the tools necessary to do this. I'll give it a go for a few weeks and let everyone know of the progress.

Here's something new for everyone: Trial and Error

I love it when I read, " I have better things to do with my time, like building great content sites". But you have TIME to write on this forum about a tactic you haven't tested, regardless of approach. If you don't want to test it out, why even waste your time posting?

Forums are about sharing information. Creativ shared information. Take what knowledge you need from it and do "yo thang".

I have sites in all shapes and sizes. Clean and not. I try all methods. Ethical or not. And why shouldn't I?

Diversification is one word I haven't heard being thrown around. In the online world, its imperative to know to diversify your income streams. If you could build 200 sites in 3 months, generating $2000 a week, then why not? Why not pay someone to do it for you? Why not diversify your incoming streams of income (like incoming links :))

Just a thought... :)

Voasi, Sep 30, 2005 IP
    jlawrence likes this.
  19. Kokaroach

Kokaroach Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, maybe I should start a thread on how to make $5 a day in 6 days or less. But alas, maybe I should get back to work on applying the methods for my own sites...

K

Kokaroach, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  20. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good thread.

Thanks for the tips.

dougadam, Sep 30, 2005 IP