1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$30 Graphic Design Contest for Poker Site

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by PokerDIY, Feb 21, 2007.

Hello,

I need some very professional-looking graphics for my poker site. PokerDIY.com is a social-networking site to connect poker players. It offers a free service to find poker players, organize poker games (you do NOT play poker on the site) and manage your poker leagues (We are the top Poker League Management site and ranks #1 on Google for a lot of terms like local poker league, "find live poker" etc.

There will be a certain amount of prestige for the graphics chosen as the site is growing very quickly and I am releasing the next version of the League software soon. I want it to look good before I do this.

So...

I want to convey the purpose of PokerDIY to a visitor in 3 seconds with a sexy image. I thought the best way to select a person would be to ask for some samples by means of this contest. I will not necessarily use the design you submit here, I just want to get some creative brainstorming going and finding a good designer to work with!

Don't go overboard and spend too much time - the images are not massively complex in terms of art, but they MUST convey the right meaning.

Some things to bear in mind:

• I want the snazzy Web 2.0 look. If you don't know what I mean then check out some of the sites on TechCrunch.com (clean/bright/easy to understand, user-centric)
    • It is critical that you take some time to "Take the Tour" on the home page and understand WHAT I am trying to convey to the user.
    • I would love to establish a good relationship with a high-quality designer. I have lots more work and would want the same style and theme, so ideally the same person.
    • I only need a couple of images at first (the home page is the main one, and then images for the "Take the Tour" for Groups, Games and Leagues). But in order to select someone can you give me some examples of your work based on the following ideas and my poor attempt (I am not only testing your art skills, I want to ensure you understand what I am trying to get across to the visitor. I have 3 seconds to convert them to a user...

Note that I reserve the right not to select a winner, but I am hoping to find someone to work with, and the $30 (via PayPal) will be the payment for this first image (I will ask for a few tweaks probably, but it will be worth your while if we can establish a good, working relationship.

I will post the basic concept of what I am looking for... this contest will end in on Tuesday the 27th at 8 GMT.

PokerDIY, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    killerj likes this.
  2. PokerDIY

PokerDIY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Don't laugh, but this is vaguely what I had in mind (can you see why I need a designer ;)

[​IMG]

The user (YOU) is at the center of the site. Around the user is Groups, Games and Leagues.

From the tour:
    Groups: PokerDIY allows you to create your own groups of friends so that you can stay connected. You can find and add poker players to groups for future games. A group is a collection of people who share something in common.

Games: An event can have many actual games, but PokerDIY allows you to set up and organise an event with full RSVP and invite functionality. Everyone can see who else is going (if it's public) and it can be used to schedule tournaments etc.

Leagues: A League is a series of games where all players can keep track of score for the duration of the league (over a season). You will be able to manage leagues from live games manually, or upload your results from one of the desktop poker managers, like Tournament Director.

You decide on a colour scheme, but PLEASE look at the PokerDIY logo (red and blue) and the rest of the site and make sure it will look good. This image will probably replace the current top blurb... brownie points if you take a screenshot of the homepage and work in your image!

PokerDIY, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. Nine

Nine Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Expect a design from me tommorow Sir.

Nine, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  4. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Nine,

Excellent - I had a look on your site and your designs do look crisp and clean - I look forward to what you can come up with...

PokerDIY, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  5. Ducati

Ducati Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Did you already complete the project?

Ducati, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  6. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, I am accepting entries until the 27th of Feb. I am keen to see some good designs as you can see my one is not that good.

PokerDIY, Feb 23, 2007 IP
  7. DesignChampion

DesignChampion Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    is this right?

[​IMG]

DesignChampion, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  8. Nine

Nine Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This may be something your looking for, sorry about the delay. :

[​IMG]

Nine, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  9. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, I am going to be brutal because it's in everyone's best interests...

DesignChampion - ok, that's the right idea, but still not quite the look I want. I want the human icon to be happy and smiling and possible some light gradients around the 3 objects (Groups, Events and Leagues) so that they are all the same size and shape.

Nine - The icons are nice, but I want it centered around the user please like the example (and DesignChamnions) - also please use the colours of the PokerDIY logo on a white background so it fits the colour scheme.

Also - please watermark your pics so that nobody can use them...

PokerDIY, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  10. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I did some browsing and found some exmaples -
    I really like the simplicity of the Flash design on http://www.linkedin.com/

It's a very clean, crisp look (an image is fine but I could consider flash too).

Here is another good example of the kind of thing I am heading towards... I want to rebrand PokerDIY as more of a web app and less like a website.

11. Nine

Nine Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I doubt you will get Flash work for $30, Sir. I will create another revision tommorow.

Nine, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  12. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Quite right - I just threw that idea in as an afterthought - if I find the right person I will pay well for the images. But they have to be high quality and the best and 100% of what I am looking for. Hence this is a chance to show off your talents.

13. killerj

killerj Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Count me in :) doing one right away .
    Sent PM .. please do let me know if you like it.

killerj, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  14. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks killerj -canyou post your entry here - I want to encourage debate on comment on it publicly...

PokerDIY, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  15. killerj

killerj Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  16. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ill pm you tonight with a sample :)

tigrrra, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  17. tigrrra

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    tigrrra, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  18. PokerDIY

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PokerDIY, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  19. killerj

killerj Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    killerj, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  20. tigrrra

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    let us know who you are deciding to go with 1st I cant spend anymore time on this unless I get the job thanks

tigrrra, Feb 27, 2007 IP