1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Anybody Use RSS Announcer To Submit Feeds?

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by MorkCallingOrson, Jan 26, 2007.

I just downloaded a copy of RSS Announcer to submit my RSS feeds and I had a couple questions.

1. I already ping many RSS services every time I post. Do I really need to use a program to submit my feeds?

(Why I ask: I tried it a week ago and I saw a rise in traffic. I assumed the pinging services were enough, but also spoke to a few people that swore this was the way to go. I have no idea what they know about SEO hence this post here)

2. If using this program is worth while how often should I submit? Can I submit too often? Will I be penalized if I do so too often?

Like I said I tried it a little over a week ago. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea to use something to submit my feeds as I have read both pro's and cons about these type of programs. I guess I'm just looking for some feedback.

MorkCallingOrson, Jan 26, 2007 IP