1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question for Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by alan8888, Jan 2, 2008.

I have did some research and see most of the people in here will create their own landing page. Because they have better Convert rate. I just trying to find some Good Landing page on Google to Learn.
    I found some people Copy 100% info from the Vendor Page as their Landing Page. And when you Click the Purchase Buttom you go to the Clickbank Payment Page directly .

I just wondering, are this people going to get any bad side effect from Google. Is there any Chance these site will be Banned or Slaped.

Thx.

alan8888, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Your best bet is to create your landing page.

I was in a membership site called affiliate sales letters. Basically, all the members received a "rewritten" sales letter, adn you could bypass the merchant page if you wanted to.

It's working well, the only problem is that ALL the members get the same sales page... and only 2 or 3 would be indexed.

Well, if you promote with pay per click, this is not really a problem, but for s seo guy like me, it is...

Ad when you bypass the merchant page, be sure to ask the merchant first, because some of them don't like it.

All the best.

Franck S, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  3. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll second Franck's comment - You are best off making your own landing pages and pointing to the vendor. The only way to go straight from your lander to payment is with cookie stuffing which may get you slapped by CB and is frowned upon by the industries bigger vendors. (there are affiliates that make landers and stuff 20+ cookies at once for potential future sales of similar products to the one they are pushing, do NOT do this)...

Best of luck to you - check with vendors, some may opt to create you a unique lander (hint).
    NC.

NCMedia, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  4. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    The above are great advices. I have a comment on cookie stuffing. It is quite useful when you have your own landing page and would like to send the visitor straight to the payment page bypassing the vendor's landing page. I see nothing wrong with setting a SINGLE product cookie for the purpose. Of course I do not approve when affiliates stuff many cookies at once; this is unethical to say the least. I have created a web page that generates the necessary javascript code for this purpose. It can be found here. Another reason for using this is to improve the conversion of your landing pages. Sometimes people click the back button without going to the vendor's page - you just paid for click but did not get a shot at getting a commission. Setting a cookie when the visitor arrives to your landing page would rectify this situation.

My 2c.

baumann93, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  5. tarview

tarview Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with that method is that iframes load the page, causing any JavaScript (e.g. popup code) to execute. If your visitor leaves your page, they may be hit with a messagebox telling them that an operator is waiting to chat with them, etc. It could confuse or frustrate your visitor.

Of course, if you don't care about that, then go for it. Personally, I think it's just as bad to confuse or frustrate your visitor as it is to send them to a crappy vendor sales page.

There are ways to directly set the cookies, but you're not going to find those scripts just laying around online.

tarview, Jan 27, 2008 IP