1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comments on Profile Post by Anonymously

1. sarahk
    sarahk
    Lets get it up and running and see how it fares. Not much in there. DMOZ didn't take a backup of the db, right?
    Dec 15, 2017
  2. sarahk
    sarahk
    The help & about links are broken
    Dec 15, 2017
  3. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    It is a full copy of the last time DMOZ was up and editors have been editing since then, so it is not a frozen copy, it is a living directory and takes on where DMOZ left off. It is not perfect at present and it is being worked on by the techies who had responsibility when it was DMOZ, but does that preclude it being listed as a directory?
    Dec 15, 2017
  4. sarahk
    sarahk
    It can go in S&A but at the moment it wouldn't warrant it's own subfolder - especially as the site has it's own forum.

I did a search for mtb and it came up with nothing so I thought it might not have a data dump. nz fared better.

how do you apply to be an editor?
    Dec 15, 2017
  5. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    We have fixed search and working on emails, so at present new people cannot apply to be an editor, I have asked what the situation is for editors to ask for re-instatement. Not sure if you were making a general quirie or asking for yourself.
    Dec 23, 2017
  6. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    We are fixing bugs, we are editing, though no new submissions yet. It has been a long haul for the techies, but they are getting there. Being given such a short notice by AOL was not helpful to say the least, but we have captured all the directory, the forums and editor information.
    Dec 23, 2017
  7. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    But as you can imagine moving that to new servers etc is a massive task, but as I understand it the back of that is now broken and we have a usable, editable directory with all the DMOZ sites and descriptions on board.
    Dec 23, 2017
  8. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    Yes we can re-instate editors given the usual conditions.
    Dec 24, 2017
  9. sarahk
    sarahk
    I'd be interested in being reinstated.
    Dec 31, 2017
  10. Anonymously
    Anonymously
    Great, sorry been away and not got back here. Just checking where you apply! We are open for new editors too, not yet open to sites being offered. Some brilliant work being done to get the show up and running with all the information, tools etc that we had before.
    Jan 10, 2018