1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comments on Profile Post by pxgfx

1. pxgfx
    pxgfx
    looks like ur using html5 now.. the template.html in your /for_others directory is in xhtml, can u have convert it to html5, please, please? and the screen.css as well.. i wanna study and use them as my starting html and css .. thanks again for all your contributions to the community.. ive been following u for years now.. i just got back to coding and i wanna learn more..
    May 18, 2016
  2. deathshadow
    deathshadow
    For the most part I'm actually writing HTML 4 Strict, I'm just slapping the 5 lip-service header atop it.

Oh, wow, I forgot I even had a template.html in that directory. That's OLD... like a decade or more. I'll put a modern one and a matching screen.css in there since apparently people do still look there.
    May 19, 2016
  3. deathshadow
    deathshadow
    There, I just uploaded an updated copy of the template and screen.css as well as added some more comments. One of the big changes is of course the HTML 5 head removing a LOT of code... but also you no longer need to say "type=" on <link> if rel="stylesheet'.
    May 19, 2016
  4. pxgfx
    pxgfx
    sorry ds, but i cant seem to find it.. i cleared cookies and cache and reloaded the directory.. it's still the old xhtml 1.0 template.html?
    May 19, 2016
  5. deathshadow
    deathshadow
    Sorry there, caching on the server-side was being overzealous. Try it again now.
    May 19, 2016
  6. deathshadow
    deathshadow
    Oh, and HTML 5 validation will bitch about the presence of "projection" and "tv" in the media targets -- **** 'EM!

There are still more than enough devices in circulation live needing those, and to be frank the values inside media="" are NONE of a markup specification's damned business!
    May 19, 2016
  7. pxgfx
    pxgfx
    May 23, 2016
  8. deathshadow
    deathshadow
    I usually only declare that when I need it, which is pretty damned rare.

I dislike sending it to "*" since that can have a negative rendering impact - it's part of why I have that text-resize crap in a media query so it's only sent where needed.

Resets exists to reset values that are inconsistent, simply put unless you're still dicking around with IE5 and quirks mode, the box model behavior isn't.
    May 24, 2016