1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can article marketing bring you quality traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jameskon, Mar 11, 2006.

?

Is it possible to fetch quality traffic through article marketing?

1. yes

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. not sure

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
    we all know that article marketing can boost website traffic but does it usefull to promote afiliate marketing links. Does it holds any chance that it can even get you a single sale??

Which are the best article sites to go with and what like your article should be exactly to fetch the traffic, should they be short & precise or full of content and where we must exactly focus for a sucessful campain.

jameskon, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  2. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Article marketing can bring you great targetted traffic if you do the articles correctly. If you are producing quality content and not just re-written junk then you can get awesome results.

Moto from this forum is a great example of submitting good articles to directories, he gets lots of traffic and slashdot pick him up lots.

So hopefully he will come in here and post something about his methods :)

But basically produce good content and you will always do great, weather in articles or in SE's.

Brad

Brad Callen, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, quality articles bring quality traffic.

More importantly, quality can be used to build credibility in a sector.

marketjunction, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  4. kashem

kashem Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes is my vote.

marketjunction and Brad Callen 's points are very important for article marketing for better result

kashem, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  5. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that article marketing can generate quality traffic - in my experience, not so much from directories and webmasters placing links that funnel traffic to your site, but more in the increase in SE ranking you can obtain as a result of the backlinks.

Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 25, 2006 IP
  6. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it helps but not quickly.... it takes lots of time and patience. And a single article never does. We need to write 10 articles and submit it to 200 directories

aditya_sfs, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  7. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit articles primarily for the SEO benefits, but I do see traffic spikes for about a week after I push my article out. I use Article Distributor (which I wrote and is currently unavailable) to push my articles to about 350 article directories (all of which use the Article Dashboard script). I try to only write good quality articles, and I don't use any of the crappy article "rewritters" that replace words in your article with synonyms (making them sound like a poor translation from a foreign language).

The main site I promote with articles is my wife's DJ company (www.byrequest.dj). Given that she services the Fargo-Moorhead area (pop ~200k) and gets ~16k visits a month, we are obviously getting traffic from people not in our area. Another sign of her sites success is the number of stupid DJs that plagerize her site. I've had to send out two copyright violation notices already this month. Apparently some DJs are not very original ;) . Her site has a PR of 5, and about 7k total backlinks according to www.marketleap.com. Her Alexa ranking is about 250k I think.

To equate this all to sales, she did 82 dances last year, which is fantastically successful when you consider that 40 gigs is considered "Full Time" for DJs. (The economics of the mobile DJ industry are interesting: http://www.customdj.us/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,46/ ) However, she advertises in the Yellow Pages and last year placed brochures in all the wedding shops in town, so it's difficult to say how much is due to the articles and how much was due to brochures. Her informal polling of people who called showed that almost everyone had seen her site before calling.

My opinion matches those already expressed: If you write good quality material and push it out to a few hundred article directories, you will get traffic, and you will get sales. Don't expect it overnight, and don't count on it, but it will provide results. If you write a lot of articles, find a good program to submit your articles (my opinion: stay away from auto submitters as they get banned by article directories due to poor category selection. Get a good semi-auto submitter.). If you submit only a few articles a year, use a service like Mad4's (a DP member) or iSnare.

Tim_Myth, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  8. demonsnakeyes

demonsnakeyes Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes... original, great info, relevant and fresh content might do the trick! :D

demonsnakeyes, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  9. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Sam. People linking to your site through articles, will help build link popularity, and help in improving SE rankings.

rosiee007, May 24, 2006 IP
  10. jameskon

jameskon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes they do get you some real quality traffic.

jameskon, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  11. articlesubmitter

articlesubmitter Peon

Best Answers:
    YES! they do bring you traffic BUT not for all articles.

Articles which as gibberish cannot bring in traffic and most probably will not be approved in most places it has been submitted to. Write only useful and quality articles for it to be picked by big sites and give you results.

Look at my sig and consider submitting your articles. :D

articlesubmitter, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  12. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My answer is yes. Someone here on Dp told me about articles 6 or 7 months ago. I tried it and it was wonderful. I got nice traffic and also kick started my sites.

Nick_Mayhem, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  13. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    With the right kind of keywords and good content you can sure get more traffic for free and fast.
    Quality is a big concern and more articles every day will take you to a good decent targeted traffic later on. make use of software for submitting and rewriting articles for a better and more exposure.

GrandRoyal, May 18, 2010 IP
  14. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    It definitely works, otherwise thousands wouldn't do it every day.

JHybrid, May 18, 2010 IP
  15. sadrikdomnik

sadrikdomnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes article marketing is giving the quality traffic to the web site. As Article marketing is an amazing way to market your product/service on the web. Also it drive the targeted traffic to the web site.

sadrikdomnik, May 18, 2010 IP
  16. findklik

findklik Peon

Best Answers:
    The article marketing method is still working for me. It sends quality traffic to my website, and the conversion rate for selling affiliate product is pretty high with article marketing traffic. I do recommend this method.

findklik, May 19, 2010 IP
  17. usualwork17

usualwork17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique articles and informative will really do the trick
    for quality traffic.

usualwork17, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  18. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    I've been doing article marketing for years and I have articles that i submitted

a couple of years ago...still bring me traffic, leads and sales.

So yes, article marketing does work.

famous2313, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  19. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not feel so. It only give advertising income to the directories.

pradiprg, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  20. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes....article marketing surely can bring good traffic to your website...because, mostly traffic from Article Marketing come from search engine.....they search about it on search engine....

swasts, Dec 17, 2010 IP