1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with Buying a computer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by John772, Dec 6, 2008.

Want to purchase a laptop from the US, online. I'm from the UK.

Can you please recommend me a good reliable site or one that you would shop at?

I need to hear various sites so I can have a good browse before I make my purchase. I just prefer a site that is recommended and trusted by DigitalPoint members that's why I ask this here.

John772, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to purchase one from the US? Why not buy one locally and save on shipping costs?
    What if something goes wrong and you have to return it to the supplier/manufacturer?

Kerosene, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  3. sonix7

sonix7 Guest

Best Answers:
    John772, go buy a Apple MAC, pop into your local Apple store, or by from Apple.com - they do next day shipping, also the £/$ is so weak, that there is very little advantage, and you will have to pay import duty & VAT on your purchase from the USA and lastly, it is a real pain to return if there is a problem, you will have to pay shipping costs....

sonix7, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  4. tiger325

tiger325 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too would buy one where you know you can return it if you need to ...I suppose you could check with Dell and other computer companies

tiger325, Dec 6, 2008 IP