1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem-Google 'One site' set off by co-op ads

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by t2dman, Feb 12, 2005.

Can we PLEASE have an official change to how the dp ads are sent out. Occassionally, one of my sites displays co-op ads for the other site and it sets off the Google one site issue - only one of my sites shows up for search terms, rather than both sites, because they have too much interlinking between them - solely because of the co-op ads.

The issue is that instead of showing up first on Google for a website, I show up heaps lower for the other website, since that is not properly optimised for the term, but Google has treated them as 'one site' therefore only shown one of them.

I have taken virtually all the normal links off between the sites, or made them rel=nofollow, but I officially have no control over the co-op ads.

I have not yet, but I need to do a search replace on the dp links to remove all links to my own websites, since the co-op links remove my sites from Google, or I could add rel=nofollow on the links.

We NEED, a solution similar to Google adsense, where you can list a certain number of links that you do not want shown on your website.

Meantime, can I have permission to so a search replace for my ads to add rel=nofollow, so your fab system stops harming me.

t2dman, Feb 12, 2005 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't agree to that. The whole meaning of the coop is for us to get new backlinks. If you don't like it, just take them off.

fryman, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    He is talking about his own site though.

I'll PM you a hack...

digitalpoint, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  4. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn, much appreciated.

Absolutely only for my own sites. The co-op is far to great a concept to play around with.

In fact, with the change, instead of dishing out ads to my sites, I am dishing out ads to others websites, so its pretty positive for the co-op from my standpoint.

t2dman, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  5. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Shawn, please PM the hack to me as well. I have three sites running and don't want them interlinking outside of one static link I have from the home page.

Thanks.

Cheers

gchaney, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  6. Free-toplist.biz

Free-toplist.biz Peon

Best Answers:
    Please send me also

Free-toplist.biz, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  7. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Geeze.. with all of these requests, you might as well post it here Shawn ;) (aka I want it too :D )

I think thats a good idea.. have a list where you can specify what sites you dont want showing up in your ads. Because there are a few links that show up on my site that are agsint the religious convictions of myself and my visitors, and I dunno, Id feel better not linking to them.

Josh

Josh, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just make it in the next update, that your own ads wont show on your own sites. Should be simple.

joeychgo, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would be against the TOS (although I have not officially put it in there yet) to filter ads that are not your own. Because of the weighting issues involved. There will be some functionality to do it at some point through the normal interface.

digitalpoint, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  10. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    I would love to be able to filter my own site as well; so if you can; please send to me too, I'm only linking to one of my sites.

flawebworks, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  11. iamrussell

iamrussell Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I get that too? I'm about to have about 50 sites in the network. I didn't know that would be a problem, though...

iamrussell, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  12. Thewormman

Thewormman Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too please!!!

About to add 4 more sites

Thanks!

Thewormman, Feb 14, 2005 IP