1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using the same keywords in more than one campaign or ad group

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by SEOpirate, Jun 13, 2006.

What happens when I repeat the same keyword in more than one ad group?

For example I have 4 adgroups in 1 campaign. I want to add more adgroups under that campaign, but don't want to add adwords (I'm getting pretty decent CTRs). So if i take the best performing keyword and move it to a new adgroup all by itself, it now tells me it's inactive for search, while it's yeilding insane CTRs in the original adgroup when it's with 46343 other useless keywords.

So, am I penalized in any way for having the same keyword in 2 adgroups? How would this work when someone searched for that keyword?

Anyone did anything like this before?

Danke, guys.

SEOpirate, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  2. SEOpirate

SEOpirate Guest

Best Answers:
    Another thing. How is the keyword's CTR going to be affected if I move it from a general adgroup to a specific one? What are the odds that the CTR will go down?

SEOpirate, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  3. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing special at all - just avoid it as you have only disadvantages and absolutely no advantage in having duplicated keyword in a campaign. is a good practice to keep single keywords in campaigns to do not divide its statistics and quality score power in two or more adgroups.

How did you moved the keywords to the another group? the correct procedure is using the copy/move keywords tool - if you do not use it you probably will kill your quality score keyword history

Another possibility is that you are using a different ad and/or different landing page that also has impact in these keywords quality score. So this will determine if the new keywords group min bid price.

the 46343 other useless keywords has no influency over the keywords you are worried about.

Micromag, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  4. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is a good idea to move (not copy) keywords to specific adgroups divided by topic - so create also ads targeting these same topics

I generally try to create 6 ads per group.

This method will certainly boost your CTR%

Micromag, Jun 13, 2006 IP
    mjewel likes this.