1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have paid for premium SEO and after 2 months only averaging 5 hits per day

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jules7777, Dec 3, 2008.

Hi Everyone

I have paid for Premium SEO package and I do not know anywhere near enough about Web development or SEO to know if I am actually getting what I have paid for. My site is averaging approx 5 hits per day after 2 months of SEO. Any pointers on how I can check?
    Suggestions and ideas greately appreciated!

jules7777, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. adiian

adiian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A seo campaign might take a few month to see the results. However, 5 hits per day is not acceptable imo after 2 months. I would say you've been screwed. Ask them what are they methods of promotion. If they say they created backlinks submitting your site to directories don't any expect result.

Could I ask how much did you pay for the campaign?

adiian, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. jules7777

jules7777 Guest

Best Answers:
    I paid $1500 for the seo. They have mentioned alot about backlinks. I use Google Analytics and I notice the traffic coming to the site is paid advertising yellow pages, true local, adwords and other free directories I have added the site to. Some traffic is coming from the seo but not really what I expected.

4. OnlineVista

OnlineVista Banned

Best Answers:
    5 hits a day is too low, you could have got that even without doing any SEO.

It would not be possible to comment on the traffic as such because it would depend on several factors. However if you use a keyword tool to check the approximate total traffic for keywords, you would get some pointers.

OnlineVista, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Fire them. From orbit. Repeatedly. With extreme prejudice.

Seriously. They're not optimizing your site, they're marketing it (and doing a horrible job at that as well, like trying to sell ice to Eskimos before the poles started melting).

Why don't you post your site here? I'd love to take a look at it and figure out what is wrong with the site (and if necessary, create a laundry list of things that were never done so you can start the process of getting your money back).

Dan Schulz, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  6. scottwood1986

scottwood1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its all relative.. if his site is about "old peoples knitting circles in poland" he probably will be happy to get 5 visitors :)

But if the site is something more popular, 5 is very low. I would give them a ring and ask them to explain where your money has gone and demand that you see some work from them.. whether they get writing articles for you, or give you a detailed SEO report of the work they have carried out so far!

scottwood1986, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  7. jules7777

jules7777 Guest

Best Answers:
    The site is www.kybc.com.au
    thanks for any reviews and hints guys.

8. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give them the boot! NOW! They are definitely not worth spending your Aussie dollarcents on! If you paid via PayPal, you should request a refund. Here's a free SEO quickie: (1) delete the second phrase from the description, (2) reduce the keywords to about ten and remove the duplicates, (3) merge the <h2> and <h3> on top of the page and make it an <h1> and see if you can add a few more keywords in a natural manner, (4) make the current <h1> a <p> and get rid of the italics, (5) create two markups (1 for menu, 1 for elsewhere) for all the links instead of the five you currently have.

LawnchairLarry, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  9. scottwood1986

scottwood1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like very little has been done to the site in terms of optimising it for any given keywords. Maybe a bit of keyword stuffing in the meta tags....

"kybc, bookkeeping services, australian bookkeeping services, kybc, bookkeeping, accounting, balance books, BAS services, BAS, help with BAS, professional services, australian, australia, offsite services, offsite bookkeeping, accounting costs, reduce accounting costs, lodge bas, bas lodgement, BAS help, kybc, bookkeepnig, bookeeping"

A few pointers just off the top of my head:

- no h1's / h2's etc..
    - no text based navigation
    - Page names and navigation need to be rethought and optimised towards certain keywords. More like www.kybc.com.au/bas.html (im assuming bas is a keyword?)
    - No image optimisation.
    - lacks any linking between pages with keywords as the anchor text. (dont over do it)

It doesnt seem much has been done to the site! Perhaps if you put these suggestions forward to the supposed "SEO consultant" and ask WHY HAVENT ANY OF THESE SIMPLE SEO CONCEPTS BEEN DONE!?

scottwood1986, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  10. kidsnscience

kidsnscience Banned

Best Answers:
    thats why people hire seo and go for organic seo which brings more traffic and ranking for long terms

kidsnscience, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  11. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    While enrolling such services, one should try to include a clause that links pay as per the performance...or at least a refund possibility for dis-satisfactory results.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  12. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh dear God. That site is not only in need of serious SEO, but it's also inaccessible as well. You've just earned your site a makeover courtesy of me. I should be free on Sunday; with your permission I'd like to recode that site for you to make it accessible, easy to use and of course search engine friendly free of charge.

13. vurle

vurle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey for all..

Can someone give advice, from where to find good SEO for thiskind of webshop: www.vertuboutique.com Of course I am willing to pay for that.

Thanks and regards, J

vurle, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  14. vikyshine

vikyshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Well friend you can find many people to do a brilliant SEO for you at very fine rates. But this is not the right place to post the question, you should post this in other section..

vikyshine, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  15. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    That question belongs in the Buy, Sell and Trade section of the forums, vurle. Please read the stickies in that section of the forums (along with the forum FAQ) for details.

16. vikyshine

vikyshine Peon

Best Answers:
    well said and right directed

vikyshine, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  17. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Aside from coding issues, which I am not so versed in, I found the following meta tag issues on a free SEO tool I use (as a GUIDE). It's at http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/.

Meta tags analysis.
    Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 45 characters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
    The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: This tag contains too many characters.
    This tag contains 262 characters. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 250.

Keywords: Keyword relevancy to page content is very poor. However, this is not necessarily bad if you have a lot of content. The most important factor is to have your keywords on the page a few times.
    The keywords relevancy to page content is 48%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
    This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: Found no author meta tag.
    This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognizing.

Give the SEO company the BOOT!

Tara33, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  18. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    very bad seo for $1500 anyone could get around 2000+ good unique visit per day.

010081, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  19. mini speakers

mini speakers Banned

Best Answers:
    there are many methods for seo.

mini speakers, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  20. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are your massive backlink profile you got for $1500, not to mention there was no research done on keywords or any type of on site seo done. You got scammed.

ttp://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Keeping-Your-Books-Covered_2030082
    ttp://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Keeping-Your-Books-Covered_2030083
    ttp://www.streetdirectory.com.au/sd_new/business.cgi?UrlSD=Australia/Paymentmethod/Bankcard&amp;CategoryID=31&amp;paymentmethods=bankcard
    ttp://au.local.yahoo.com/categoryList/Waste+Disposal+Services/Adelaide+SA
    ttp://www.truelocal.com.au/displayBusinessDetails.do?listingId=0.08511299430070
    ttp://au.local.yahoo.com/search?p=Waste+Disposal+Services&amp;csz=adelaide%2C+sa[/url]
    ttp://www.truelocal.com.au/search.do?search.term=Bookkeeping+Service[/url]

zingo, Dec 3, 2008 IP