1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Forum Posting help in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by flatroxs, Dec 2, 2008.

hi

i just like to know the advantage of forum posting and reply of post.

how much its help and how we can get rank in google by this.

thanks

flatroxs, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. OnlineVista

OnlineVista Banned

Best Answers:
    Well it helps you in getting low quality signature link. Will not give a major boast to your SEO efforts, but a link is a link after all.

My opinion, don't bank too much on it. From a learners perspective it a great place to learn new stuff and track latest happening.

OnlineVista, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. backlinks4

backlinks4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only Signature Links help to you by target oriented traffic, but also google loves these types of links - you may find in google SERPs google indexed some forums links whether it might be world's tough keyword. Better thinking about indexing by Backlinks.

backlinks4, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is better to think of the traffic from the forum rather than the link juice.

discuss4u, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. jbrockw

jbrockw Guest

Best Answers:
    It gives you low pr links, but any any backlink is a good backlink. The more the merrier.

jbrockw, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  6. jbrockw

jbrockw Guest

Best Answers:
    OP can you post what you did if anything that was black/greyhat so others can avoid it? Thx.

jbrockw, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  7. D-Dark

D-Dark Member

Best Answers:
    it helps a little bit for the anchor keyword text to be rank but about the forum posting just don't make a spam/ spam comment. because moderators can ban your account deactivating your sig... just become a reputable forum member.

D-Dark, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  8. bobwilson37

bobwilson37 Guest

Best Answers:
    It will be a great advantage to you if you perform forum posting, as it is a open discussion definitely you may come across various people. So they will share so many things with you, ultimately your site will get back links... Thank you

bobwilson37, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  9. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    forum posting is one of the main important thing for promoting the site.
    it helps in increasing traffic and building back links.
    signature is the most important one.
    daily posting in forums is more helpful for the site for increasing traffic.

kalpana.allu, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  10. Willsmith86

Willsmith86 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think signature is the most important one. its should be very useful to get a traffic

Willsmith86, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    DISCLAIMER: I am an Advisor over at SitePoint and a SEO.com forum administrator. What I am about to say is based upon my own personal experience and has nothing to do with my forum staff positions at either company.

If you're thinking about increasing your rankings in the search engines by posting on forums and promoting your sites via your member signature, you're going to be wasting your time. The best use of forums is to interact and network with other forum members.

With that in mind, if you're going to post links in forum threads and member signatures, make them relevant and directly targeted to the forum in question (for example, promoting a Web site that sells fishing equipment won't do much good if the links are on a forum about table-top miniatures warfare gaming or astronomy).

Don't write your anchor text for the search engines; instead, use descriptive, accurate and compelling link text that contains the keyword you want to target (even though it won't help any) and make sure the text is written to pull at the target audience's emotions. For example, on this forum, I'd probably use something like "This is what the official Google SEO Starter Guide should have been." if I were to create a Web site that taught real SEO from start to finish and stick it in my forum signature. (Oh wait, I am, and it'll be launching sometime in January.)

If you're going to put a link in a post, don't try to "sell" the link. Instead just describe what the link talks about or tries to sell. Just like when I tell people why they should not write for the search engines. it's all a matter of perspective.

Remember, you're not marketing to the search engines when you're participating in forums (and putting your links in them). You're marketing to the people who frequent the forums you're posting on (and linking in). If you can make your link text compelling, provide quality posts and don't otherwise be a jerk, chances are good that someone will come along, click the link to your site, and (assuming the site's not a pile of garbage) probably even give you the most coveted type of link - a pure editorial link "of love" from their own Web site. Who knows, you could make a new sale from it too.

Hope that helps.

Dan Schulz, Dec 3, 2008 IP
    uyma likes this.
  12. kidsnscience

kidsnscience Banned

Best Answers:
    i suggest forum posting is the best way to get good links for your site and slowly and gradually its help your site in ranking and traffic

kidsnscience, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is the slowest road to glory one could pick. Generally only totally broke people will choose this arduous way to search engine rankings.

Lexiseek, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  14. carfinance

carfinance Peon

Best Answers:
    the forum posting is very important to get backlinks........................its give the dofollow link to our site

carfinance, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  15. vikyshine

vikyshine Peon

Best Answers:
    linking is one thing but in my view, forum discussion provide you a lot of knowledge and some vistiors too...But for getting something good you should be active one in forum...

vikyshine, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  16. webrecsol

webrecsol Peon

Best Answers:
    advantage of forum posting increase your website link and traffic but you added before sing link for forums.

webrecsol, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  17. abook

abook Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest give u r valuable feedback on related topics, show people would view your signature link and u got traffic.

abook, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  18. mahendra rajeshirke

mahendra rajeshirke Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have got 13 google backlinks from one and only one site, the site name is forums.dp, u can see my link and check how many link i have got in google. my site name is electroinfo.

i surprised when i saw it, just first time happned in my carrier

mahendra rajeshirke, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  19. Debt Reduction

Debt Reduction Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum posting helps in getting back-links to the site.

But yes the forums should allow do-follow signatures.

Debt Reduction, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  20. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For starters, it can help you in getting indexed. Not that getting indexed is a major thing, but putting a link in your signature here is one of the quickest ways to get indexed.

As Dan said, do not look at forums as a direct means of doing SEO. A forum, if used well, can drive traffic to your site, and can generate extra backlinks should the guys in the forum like your post and talk about it in their blog too.

gr8liverpoolfan, Dec 4, 2008 IP
    Abhik likes this.