1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can I earn on associatedcontent.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dc0ded, Dec 1, 2008.

Can someone please explain in short, that how can I earn through associatedcontent.com (AC) ? ? ?
    I m over 18 yrs of age and I am from India.
    I read FAQ section at A.C before posting here, but its too huge and confusing. Can anyone just post unique content over there and get paid?
    On what basis do they pay?

I hope I have posted my query in the right section.

dc0ded, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  2. krystajo

krystajo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello:

I'm not sure how much I can be of help to you, since I'm working my way through all that myself. I have also read mixed reviews from other users about the site; but they lean more towards the positive than negative overall.

To my understanding, there are many ways to earn through Associated Content; and the earnings tend to start very low but with some effort many contributors found they increase over time.

Yes, to my understanding, anyone can post any original content there. There are also various levels of "performance" on things that have been there awhile. There are also revenue opportunities driven by keyword-driven traffic, etc., relating to your content.

A good way to start might be to look at their "Calls for Content" list. These pay virtually nothing; but likely [that's speculative] have a higher odds of acceptance since they are things they are actually looking for. Also, while they pay little apiece they are usually very simple things like what amounts to little more than a list. And, ultimately, I understand once you get a few items there and positively received, it does increase the rates that on some areas of the site are pre-defined. Since the holidays seem to be a popular content area, Calls to Content is very active right now: I think they had almost 400 available "calls" at the end of last week.

I think their FAQ is complex because there are so many levels you can submit/make money through. Some writers have done very well on earnings there, over the intermediate-to-long haul from what I've read.

Hope this is some help to you.

krystajo, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot mate.. :)
    I will definately giv it a try. Please share your personal experience about A.C if any.. how much did u make in the 1st few months?

dc0ded, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I only make a few dollar at my first month.
    And it very slow their editor to verified my article.
    And its unfortunately that they don't accept India client

mentos, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  5. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    The simplest explanation: You write an article and if they like it, you get paid a flat fee for it. You can continue earning money for some content - a minimum $1.50/thousand page views.

latoya, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. Ordinaryme

Ordinaryme Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I'd tried it. IMO, It's not worth it.
    really take my advice and the articles that you've written-Just sell them at DP or any other big web master's forum. For instance, for a 400 word article, I was paid $2, because they said the article had nothing special that wasn't on the WWW already. THEY NEED VERY HIGH QUALITY ARTICLES. and being english NOT your first language as a english(if I'm right), then it would be tough for you.
    So, instead sell it at DP- atleast you get more than AC, even its just a few cents more...and you get reputation along with it too.

If you still want to try AC, register using a US address or club up with an American or European, because the Upfront Payment System is not available with you guys.

Hope I'd made clear what you need to do and what you CAN/COULD do (instead) :)

Ordinaryme, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate.. :)
    I'll try selling my articles in slots on DP.

dc0ded, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. Ordinaryme

Ordinaryme Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, Thats what I do. But if you're good at promoting your content and are good at writing quality content at a good speed, you'd try AC anytime. I mean there's no guarantee here that your content will be sold. Like, you've a 400 word article at $3, maybe there aren't anyone interested to buy your content, then you go to $2-2.5. That's tough in that case. But in AC, the probability of getting the article approved is higher as long as you've stuck to the basic rules and have made the article simple and apt.

Ordinaryme, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do they verify that the content provider is from US?
    If I sign up providing a US address.. what are the chances of my account being cancelled?

dc0ded, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  10. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you try helium, there, you can add articles which are already published else where. [you cannot do that at AssociatedContent]. Also, Helium now has new rules and they pay you upfront for the articles you submit.

I think helium is much better than any other site of its kind.

angilina, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. the Patrician

the Patrician Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will give a good vote for AC.

To correct some misinformation. Yes you can submit previously published material as well as material you want to use elsewhere. It can only be for "performance payment" though but good promotion will make you money slowly.

As for unique exclusive content that will only be on AC, the payment varies and is generally a bit less than a penny a word. (about the same as the cheapskates trolling content creation on DP are willing to pay anymore)

However, promoting your articles gets you more money as time goes by with the performance payments.

As an example. I had one 500 word Halloween article that I only got $3.86 for up front. Within the first month I had earned an extra $1.73 through performance payment. That's $5.59 in 30 days. It will keep earning for me as time goes by and all the extra work I did was put a link to it on my website. It will be interesting to see how much I have made off of it by next Halloween where I am sure it will once more get a spike in reading.

Now combine such slow, steady payments over a few dozen articles there and you can see that in the long run you will make a LOT more than a one-time sale from anybody at DP.

As for fame! Sell it to some anonymous person here and nobody knows who wrote it though if they put their name in the byline people will think it's them.

At AC I not only get paid but the credit as well. Fame grows the longer you go!
    Wish there were more sites like AC

the Patrician, Dec 2, 2008 IP
    l3fty likes this.
  12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try registering as an US citizen, I've heard they tend to pay much more to such account.

Though you'll have a $600 payment limit until you submit a W9 form, which you don't have... meaning you'll need a new accoutn every $600 you earn ;)

BlackIrish, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  13. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys :)

dc0ded, Dec 2, 2008 IP