1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drug-related affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by vip-ip, Dec 2, 2008.

Hey everyone, I have a quick question to the more experience affiliate marketing type of people with experience in developing web-sites about the "shady side of the law."

Drug use is a large niche. First, though, to get one thing clear - I'm not talking about drug dealing, but more like providing information. People want to know facts about different substances, read people's reports of their experiences, etc etc. So I see it as an opportunity to provide such information to them.

Now, money's money - I see CJ and Amazon feature a lot of marijuana related products, for example. Advertising such products - like books, clothes, jewelry, etc - shouldn't get me kicked out of the programs, right? After all, if they passed the affiliate program's screening and made it on their list of products, I shouldn't be punished for offering them to people.

Furthermore, providing such information doesn't violate any U.S. laws - as long as I'm not URGING people to do dope and revolt and cause havoc, is that correct?

Please advise :)

vip-ip, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. Xexi

Xexi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I dont have any experience in the marketing you are in question about, you should first contact your web host to see if the information breaks their TOS.

Xexi, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. rappu

rappu Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing illegal about selling info pertaining to marijuana as long as you are not selling the drug itself. Books and videos are for "informational purposes only". Clothing and accessories are not illegal to wear.

rappu, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  4. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, rappu :)
    Xexi, I checked their TOS and it says "services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities, or other content that [their manager] deems inappropriate." Loose enough to be interpreted as anything, pretty much. But I appreciate the heads up.

I'd like to hear some more comments please.

vip-ip, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. easydolla

easydolla Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make sure you are not promoting something that is illegal in your jurisdiction, I use to promote the "whizzinator" when I had my old weed forum, I did good, but guess what, the makers of whizzinator got arrested! And the whizzinator is now banned.

Idk, stuff like bongs etc should be alright, as long as it has a disclaimer that it is for tobacco.

easydolla, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. Chip27

Chip27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's illegal to dispose information about, but you could sell legal drugs lol like penis enlargement....just a money making suggestion

Chip27, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. jiggymehta

jiggymehta Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything wrong with what you want to put up..however, the problem is that if your web host receives any complain about the content..then they might suspend you hosting package..I do not think there will be any legal implications though..

jiggymehta, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it does not deem illegal.And everyone have the right to know more about drug.And the bad side and positive side of drug usage.You can put some personal experience from drug dealing inmate to make your site more attrative.

mentos, Dec 3, 2008 IP