1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many ppl belive in arrange marriage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sportscrazer, Nov 25, 2008.

1. HimIncCorp

HimIncCorp Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Friends..

I believe in a combination of both.. If my love gets arranged then thats for sure is a bonus deal.. ;)

Him...

HimIncCorp, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  2. sandeepdude

sandeepdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    definitely not...

sandeepdude, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  3. Ambrish kumar.S

Ambrish kumar.S Peon

Best Answers:
    Marriage---it is an important phase in every one's life and to me it deponds on two factors....1.GOD and 2.YOU.

Ambrish kumar.S, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  4. rockinfuture

rockinfuture Peon

Best Answers:
    Love cum arranged marriage works best always. I have many examples. :)

rockinfuture, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  5. crownrahul

crownrahul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i believe in arrange marriage , it make perfect marriage life.
    thanks

crownrahul, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  6. sportscrazer

sportscrazer Banned

Best Answers:
    Fait??? What u want to say, plz say it clearly??

sportscrazer, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  7. macaroon

macaroon Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the situation, sometimes marriage could turned up to be a disaster whether it is arranged or not.

macaroon, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  8. blueleaf

blueleaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Arranged marriage is like getting into a den and expecting an angel instead of a lion. ;)

blueleaf, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  9. VishalVasani

VishalVasani Peon

Best Answers:
    I belive in arrange marriage and it is more successful then love marriage...

VishalVasani, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  10. twofold

twofold Peon

Best Answers:
    Five members of my family were in arranged marriages. They're all divorced now. Can't say I believe they can work.. Based on what I've seen in my family, anyway.

twofold, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  11. anime_vibe

anime_vibe Peon

Best Answers:
    From a traditional/cultural/religious perspective, what purpose does this arrangement serve?

anime_vibe, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  12. aleale

aleale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in arrange marriage

aleale, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  13. levampire

levampire Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't, it SUCKS.

levampire, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  14. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am all for love marriages......

skypeace, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  15. sportscrazer

sportscrazer Banned

Best Answers:
    i also never understand the meaning of arrangment word?

sportscrazer, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  16. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am for love marriage but currently thinking whether It is good to be single or married.....????????? confused a lot...

Freewebspace, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  17. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    arranged marriage sucks

peepin2me, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  18. magnate

magnate Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree in arranged marriage. I'm a hopeless romantic. I still believe in courtship and falling in love.

magnate, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  19. Greenpixy18

Greenpixy18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't beliave in it beacuse I think eveyone has the right to choose who and when they want to be with, but hey that's just craty ol me.

Greenpixy18, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  20. rappu

rappu Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the world of fixed, contrived and sometimes forced marriages. At first blush some might ask, “Is there arranged marriages in today’s society?” The answer is yes!

When we were conducting research for our new book Fast Food Dating Your 2 Cents we wanted to scope the complete playing field of all dating venues. Interestingly, the more we asked about various means of meeting and dating the more we learned that arranged marriages in some parts of the world still existed, even in North America. Since so many different cultures immigrate to North America (USA and Canada) those who practice arranged marriages in their native countries have brought the customs to North America. From what we learned, they are alive and well here. And many have had great success staying married and happily married!

Some people we spoke with who didn’t practice or believe in arranged marriages thought they were weird, creepy and even sometimes sick. Well the “sick” references to these types of marriages were their perceptions of arranged marriages as including those which involved relatives and even siblings. We were guessing these arranged marriages involving siblings were probably premeditated by the siblings themselves. Imagine knowing the love of your life or soul mate was just one bedroom over as teenagers? Yikes! Folks, it happens. Don’t believe me? Do a Google search for “consensual incest” and see what pops up…hopefully not literally!

Needless to say, when we were researching this type of dating and marriage, the arranged type, we could not leave out incestuous relationships as we actually encountered them through the eyewitness accounts of some respondents who said they knew someone in one or they themselves had been in one. And yes, stepsiblings counted as consensual incest! The generally rule of thumb was to each their own as long as they weren’t breaking the law or hurting anyone. As authors of Fast Food Dating we also never encouraged or endorsed any specific dating/meeting venues. And oh yes, our book was seeping with the responses of those we interviewed so when it came to some taboo subjects and topics, we tried to remain as serious-looking as possible. What can I say, our book is self-help/humor!

Now to keep things straight and forthright, we focused a lot on arranged marriages which was our primary goal. Are they a good way to meet, marry and stay married? Do they have a good success rate? Are people who get into arranged marriages generally happy? Well, we did our interviews and got a wealth of feedback and drew two conclusions…They could either be good or they could be bad. Also, there were benefits to having or being in an arranged marriage.

I invite you to look at the TOP 10 list we compiled for good reasons to try arranged marriages. From our book, the 10 great things about arranged marriages:

1) Arranged marriages take all the guess work not to mention the work out of trying to find a date or a husband/wife. Basically, your first date becomes your marital partner. Could you ever have imagined a first date leading to a 100% success rate for marriage?

2) You really don’t have to make a good first impression. Your first impression will be a lasting impression irregardless. If neither of you wasn’t impressed the first time you met, discuss it on your wedding night!

3) Since your parents and families do all the work and set things up, they become your personal dating/marriage manager. If you have any grievances, you are more than free and encouraged to take it up with them. Knowing this in advance and you being a constant complainer, I am sure they will make the best possible choice for you so they won’t have to listen to you whine and complain.

4) If it’s your brother or sister you are marrying, you won’t have to go too far to find their bedroom. Hey, back off! Don’t call us disgusting! This is what you told us! Besides, you probably will get along with your in-laws!

5) If you marry someone within your immediate family circle, your parents won’t have to pay for 2 marriages. In fact, the list from the bride’s relative list looks awfully like the groom’s list. Look at it this way… You get to save on postage stamps and envelopes!

6) If you come from royalty or not (just into incest anyways), everything stays in the family. When you decide to get married, you won’t have to worry about pre-nuptials!

7) Arranged marriages prove there is someone out there for everyone. No matter what you look like, where your self-esteem is at, someone will have to take you for better or for worse. We didn’t say they had to love you!

8) Perhaps arranged familial marriages are like fine family recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Stores can’t bottle it. Restaurants can try to copy it but it never tastes as good as grandma’s. And best of all what happens in the family stays in the family. Blood is thicker than water and secrets get kept! Damn, this is starting to sound like the Sopranos! Hey, nothing beats a 10 course meal!

9) You can never be accused of making a bad choice! Having an arranged marriage is like inheriting a turn-key operation. All faults are directed toward those who put the ball in motion.

10) You have a great chance for getting on one of those raunchy television talk shows if you marry your brother, father or grandfather. Hey, we’ve seen others on those shows who got their own reality TV series because of it. Wait a minute. Maybe the reality TV series was the talk show!

So you don’t like our Top 10 reasons for trying an arranged marriage? Don’t hate us because we thought marrying your brother was a bad idea! We just serve you what you gave us!

Folks it’s 2007...and it would appear times have changed and some, well are fixed in stone so to speak. Who am I to judge. Current research shows nearly one in every two marriages fail, and these aren’t of the arranged variety. Like I said, Fast Food Dating Your 2 Cents was just a book about “dating options”. Now you know that arranged marriages are an option!

rappu, Dec 2, 2008 IP