1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you want to supercharge your brain? There are certain habits you can develop

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ruunyo, Dec 1, 2008.

Do you want to supercharge your brain? There are certain foods you can eat and nutritional habits you can develop that may help your brain work better.

Go Fish

It appears that fish may be one of the best brain foods around. Fish have high levels of both choline and omega-3 fatty acids. Both substances are linked to brain functionality. Choline, a B-vitamin, has received a lot of attention lately because of its positive effect on the brain's memory center, the hippocampus. In one experiment, rat pups given choline either in the womb or within a few weeks of being born displayed a significant change in brain function, resulting in lifelong memory enhancement.

In another experiment, pregnant mothers were given either cod liver oil or corn oil throughout their pregnancies. Cod liver oil contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, and corn oil does not. The children of these mothers were given an IQ test at the age of 4, and the offspring of the mothers who were given cod liver oil scored significantly better than the corn oil group. Tests using choline with pregnant mothers produced similar results.

Lose the Carbs and Gain Your Focus

If you want your brain to work at a high level for longer periods of time, you're going to have to watch your carbohydrate intake. Carbs are an essential part of nutrition, but most of us eat more than we need. When given an overdose of carbs, our bodies essentially shut down, making us sleepy. It's hard to concentrate in this state, meaning that your post pizza pig-out study sessions might not be that effective. Balancing protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake makes the body work most efficiently. Fruit and vegetables are actually carbohydrates, but are not nearly as dense as breads and pastas. Eating more fruits and vegetables and decreasing your intake of dense breads and pastas should help you focus for longer periods of time.

Caffeine -- Friend or Foe?

And yes, any story on brain food should discuss the double-edged sword otherwise known as caffeine. As most people know, caffeine is a stimulant and is found in coffee, chocolate, and many carbonated beverages. Because of its stimulating effect, it can help you become more alert and thus able to process information more smoothly and quickly. Unfortunately, caffeine is addictive, meaning that over long periods of caffeine intake, your brain may develop a "need" for the drug in order to wake up. At this point, the ability for your brain to function well without caffeine is hindered.

In general, sticking with foods high in choline and omega-3 fatty acids, and limiting your intake of dense carbs should help you become more alert and make learning easier for you. Use caffeine sparingly for a temporary boost, but don't make it a habit.

In the End I hope that I present here my experiance and i also i hope one of you will try it and it will suceess . and if you have any comments you are welcome

ruunyo, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  2. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips. Especially the second one... Carbs are killin' us. :)

dmi, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love fish

peepin2me, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too . I love various fishes .
    I know coffee contains caffeine substance . I seldom take coffee .

justinlorder, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  5. S.O.G.S.

S.O.G.S. Peon

Best Answers:
    Ill add to his list!!
    1. swim 500 yards a day.
    2. Read scfi or novels like Tale Of Two Cities.
    3. learn something new everyday that is not familiar to you.
    4. Flirt with random girls.
    5. Play memory games.
    6. Learn to play music!!!!
    7.Talk or hangout with smart people.
    8. Learn to dance(really).
    9. Make hobbie and turn off the T.V..
    10. Break limiting habits!!!! (no.1)

S.O.G.S., Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    very nice tips and I must agree their efficiency :) Thanks for reminding me again to break limiting habits ;)

EvcRo, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. S.O.G.S.

S.O.G.S. Peon

Best Answers:
    welcome!!! (bowing)

S.O.G.S., Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. Ben1980

Ben1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great list. I've been trying to eat more healthily recently. Eating lots of fish and vegetables. I've even quit coffee. Here's to my brain cells multiplying (If that's possible)

Ben1980, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. ruunyo

ruunyo Peon

Best Answers:
    my grand father told me one day that if i would like to go to technology feild , i have to add fish in my basic food , like jabaneese

and if i want to go to field needs feeling and love to eat more chicken ,
    and so

so i eat three time a week ( fish dinner ) :

ruunyo, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  10. ruunyo

ruunyo Peon

Best Answers:
    thsnks ben

ruunyo, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  11. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SOGS and ruunyo.....you both surely have your fingers on the pulse.

I myself never realized that drinking coffee every morning was doing no good to my brain!...:eek:

I better throw away the coffee mug and instead, go fishing !!! :rolleyes:

Regards,

RightMan

(Btw...this was my 1000th post !....thanks Surat, for reminding me..:) )

RightMan, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  12. CyberWorldJobs

CyberWorldJobs Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice list,
    Caffeine knew about that a bit but trying to live it

CyberWorldJobs, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  13. ruunyo

ruunyo Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks RightMan and there diffrent between feeling and that right thing ..Man :( you felt ... just feeling
    me too

ruunyo, Jan 23, 2009 IP